This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• If you drink vodka martinis, you don't like martinis: you just like vodka.
  • edited July 2013
    A martini without vermouth is just a glass of gin with an olive. And that's not a goddamn cocktail.
    I pour gin into a glass and nod towards France. Good enough for me.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • It appears that the first recorded arrest has taken place using Google Glass, and what better location to film this event than Wildwood, NJ. Congratulations.
  • "I don't always fap to uniform polyhedra, but when I do, I do so with truncated great icosahedron."
  • I stand by the fact that gin tastes like pine needles. I actually don't mind it but its probably my least favorite alcohol above anything that tastes like cinnamon or licorice.
  • I find I spend more to get clean tasting gin than vodka. Seems like a factor in my preferences.
  • A martini without vermouth is just a glass of gin with an olive. And that's not a goddamn cocktail.

That's fine just don't call it a martini.
  • edited July 2013
    It's the idea of the vermouth, man. That's enough.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • A martini without vermouth is just a glass of gin with an olive. And that's not a goddamn cocktail.

What about skipping the vermouth and adding olive brine instead? That's a mixed drink.

• It's the idea of the vermouth, man. That's enough.
    Do homeopathic bars exist yet?
  • edited July 2013
    A martini without vermouth is just a glass of gin with an olive. And that's not a goddamn cocktail.

What about skipping the vermouth and adding olive brine instead? That's a mixed drink.

I can't find the image of that stick figure guy with his finger up, then putting it down. Yeah that'd be a cocktail, but not a martini.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • It's the idea of the vermouth, man. That's enough.
    Do homeopathic bars exist yet?
    No, but I think that technically makes them the most popular bars in existence.

• Huh, something is really quite on fire near my place. I wonder what that's all about.
  • Someone made a tumblr specifically chronicling all the RAGE that Swimming Anime is producing.
  • So my Clear Internet has been kicking ass up until the past two weeks, now it is slow to a crawl to the point I need to download videos online in order to view them rather then playing from the browser. It is at the point where I don't want to get a land line since I may be moving on from the place nor want to sign a contract. Guess I need to call and see what is going on :/
  • Wired or wireless? I've run into the problem of living in a block of flats where there are 27 other wireless networks nearby.
  • My cat has decided to start getting up at 3 in the morning. Im thinking of dressing it in silly clothes in revenge. Is this strange?
  • No. I normally chase them down with a squirt bottle. Afterwards, they end up cuddling with us while still wet.
  • I completely missed the "It" in that, and was wondering how you dressing in silly clothes would bother your cat.
  • There was an extensive (34 comment) discussion on a friend's FB wall about how so many great artists are playing Boston this week and how they can't afford it. No mention of the free McCartney show.
  • Switched back to Firefox from Chrome.
  • edited July 2013
    Switched back to Firefox from Chrome.
    Any particular reason why?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Part of me wants to troll my panel by playing Box Man by Urizen on loop before starting it.
  • edited July 2013
    Switched back to Firefox from Chrome.
    Tom's Hardware's latest Web Browser Grand Prix gave the nod to Firefox in both performance by a hair (which is why I switched to Chrome way back when) and totally mopped floor with Chrome when it came to overall reliability, page loading reliability, and so on.
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • Switched back to Firefox from Chrome.
    Tom's Hardware's latest Web Browser Grand Prix gave the nod to Firefox in both performance by a hair (which is why I switched to Chrome way back when) and totally mopped floor with Chrome when it came to overall reliability, page loading reliability, and so on.
    Yeah, I moved back to Firefox for my work browser. Still using Chrome for personal browsing because it syncs with iOS Chrome.
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah, I moved back to Firefox for my work browser. Still using Chrome for personal browsing because it syncs with iOS Chrome.
    I don't use iOS Chrome, despite giving it a good chance. The UI is certainly better than Safari and the syncing is nice, but the performance is lacking. I've come across a number of sites (usually JavaScript-heavy) that were so slow that it was completely unusable. One was Microsoft Exchange's web UI, which I use to check my work email on my iPhone/iPad (it's less trouble than dealing with Exchange ActiveSync and having my work stuff intermingling with my personal stuff as a result).

To be fair, the crappy JavaScript performance isn't Google's fault. Apple doesn't allow app developers to provide their own HTML/JavaScript/etc. implementations, so they have to use the HTML widget provided by iOS itself. Unfortunately, this widget lacks the various JavaScript optimizations that Safari does (probably purposely so), so any third-party browser is going to have performance issues on JavaScript-heavy sites.
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • I never notice the performance issues. Even if they exist, syncing is a great enough feature I'm willing to suffer lower performance. Open a link on mobile, sucks to read, open it on desktop!
  • I never notice the performance issues. Even if they exist, syncing is a great enough feature I'm willing to suffer lower performance. Open a link on mobile, sucks to read, open it on desktop!
    Yeah, I can imagine the performance issues can be quite variable between users. Even in my case, most of the sites work fine, but the big issue is when I come across a site that absolutely refuses to load at all. Given my typical mobile browsing habits too, syncing isn't as useful in my case as it may be for yours anyway.
  • My receipt says 22oz fountain drink but the cups say 21 oz on them. Who do I sue???