This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• I forget sometimes how dense New England is.
  • Yep. Relatedly, the grid structure of streets in LA is still very strange to me.
  • Whenever I'm in NYC, especially Manhattan, the streets make me want to cry (in a good way).
  • The random intellectual endeavours Greg and I go on are quite fun. Like when I read enough about the origin of vodka to correct the wikipedia page, and more recently when we tried to figure out how to say "goat fucker" in welsh and researched welsh grammar.
  • I won Lords of Waterdeep today thanks to a good setup and clever quest selection.
  • I've submitted release forms and other paperwork for consideration for a position at a state university. Nervously fidgeting while I wait for the machine to chew me up and hopefully not spit me out.
  • I saw a bus ad today that had a picture of a pint of beer and the caption was "Study Buddy"
  • I think I'm becoming an ass man.
  • I like big butts and I can not lie
  • I DRANK TWO OF THOSE STARBUCKS DOUBLE ENERGY SHOTS (THE 15 OZ ONES) BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO BE OUT ON THE TOWN LATE, BUT NOW I'M NOT AND I'M JUST IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MOST INTENSE RUSH OF MY LIFE. ITS EVEN MORE THAN THE TIME I SNORTED STRAIGHT GROUNDS.
  • You snorted coffee grounds?
  • FULL STORY IS IN THE COFFEE THREAD.
  • As much as I loath Windows on a PC, I love it on a phone. As soon as my next upgrade comes on my plan I'm switching back. Android is ok, but I'm not at all interested in hacking my phone to get rid of bloat and I don't use any apps that I can't get on Windows and the UI blows in comparison.
  • As much as I would love to try Windows Phone, I'm too invested in the Android ecosystem. I have spent more money than I'd like on specialty apps.
  • Windows phone is actually really good. Honestly I think if it had a better market of apps it would be way more popular. It's by far the easiest platform to develop on and it actually has tools that don't suck. But unfortunately no one has one so it will never be a viable option.
  • He only reason I don't consider windows phone is lack of apps. All these Adobe apps will pretty much never be on there. Is there even an official Flickr app or anything? Good,e glass app?
  • Finally met one of the Resistance members that makes my university a battleground today as I was heading home. Despite what Assassin's Creed has taught me, sitting on a bench does not make you unrecognizable.
  • MATATAT said:

Windows phone is actually really good. Honestly I think if it had a better market of apps it would be way more popular. It's by far the easiest platform to develop on and it actually has tools that don't suck. But unfortunately no one has one so it will never be a viable option.

I think it will, someday. It'll take one hell of a kerfuffle to do it, but maybe.
  • edited October 2014
    Unfortunately media bull-shittery makes it impossible for the regular person to make an informed decision as every headline has Apple in it.

Also the Windows Phone cameras blow away both iPhone and Android hardware.

Another example of this was the latest OSX having better security because it has the security features of Windows Vista, therefore making it better than Windows 7 and 8. It also ignored that administrative privileges concept while logged in as standard user were mainly in Linux to begin with.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • Does anyone with artistic talent want to make me a new avatar? I literally made this years ago in five minutes in MSPaint. I basically just want the same idea, (Pichu with a cape), just less shitty and higher res
  • Does anyone with artistic talent want to make me a new avatar? I literally made this years ago in five minutes in MSPaint. I basically just want the same idea, (Pichu with a cape), just less shitty and higher res

That's pretty damn good for MS Paint. I thought it was an official image that you resized. If you can draw that, you can probably draw something better on your own right now.
  • Apreche said:

Does anyone with artistic talent want to make me a new avatar? I literally made this years ago in five minutes in MSPaint. I basically just want the same idea, (Pichu with a cape), just less shitty and higher res

That's pretty damn good for MS Paint. I thought it was an official image that you resized. If you can draw that, you can probably draw something better on your own right now.
    I appreciate the flattery but you were right the first time. All I did was add a triangle.
  • Apreche said:

Does anyone with artistic talent want to make me a new avatar? I literally made this years ago in five minutes in MSPaint. I basically just want the same idea, (Pichu with a cape), just less shitty and higher res

I appreciate the flattery but you were right the first time. All I did was add a triangle.
    Do the same thing again?
  • edited October 2014
    Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Do the same thing again?
    I've tried, the add a triangle as a cape thing only "works" because of how low-res the image is. If I scale it up with a better source file it doesn't work
    Post edited by SuperPichu on
  • Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Do the same thing again?
    I've tried, the add a triangle as a cape thing only "works" because of how low-res the image is. If I scale it up with a better source file it doesn't work
    Copy/paste a high-rez cape from a Superman or Mario (Super Mario World) image.
  • The only thing I hate about Microsoft OneNote on a Mac is that, randomly, it decides to ignore my choice in font.

"You wanted to use Verdana? Fuck you, you get Calibri instead."
  • Instead of getting a bike at the tail end of biking season I'm going to get better tires for my car instead. I have a feeling this winter is going to be a bitch.
  • Instead of getting a bike at the tail end of biking season I'm going to get better tires for my car instead. I have a feeling this winter is going to be a bitch.

Bikes in spring are way more moneys. But staying alive with car tires is definitely more important.
  • Apreche said:

Instead of getting a bike at the tail end of biking season I'm going to get better tires for my car instead. I have a feeling this winter is going to be a bitch.

Bikes in spring are way more moneys. But staying alive with car tires is definitely more important.
    Always Christmas monies and after-holidays sales.