This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I'm rewatching the Star Wars Clone Wars miniseries by Genndy Tartakovsky and it is not NEARLY as good as I remembered it. The comedy is still hysterical, but the action sequences fall flat. They're just plain boring.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I'm rewatching the Star Wars Clone Wars miniseries by Genndy Tartakovsky and it is not NEARLY as good as I remembered it. The comedy is still hysterical, but the action sequences fall flat. They're just plain boring.
    Does it hold up better than the one that's currently on?
  • The 3D one is shit.
  • Man, the Batty Rap from Fern Gully is creepy as fuck. The full version doubly so.

It's a physically and mentally damaged bat, singing about things that humans did to him, punctuated by worsening schizophrenic/Dissociative tics and the memories of his own screams while being tortured in a medical research facility, eventually delving so far into his memory that he has a full blown Dissociative episode where the only times he comes back to himself are the memories of his own screams, culminating in re-experiencing the memory of screaming to be medicated.

Jesus fucking christ.
  • Teefury's idea of what constitutes a large shirt is a bit different than mine. Might have to order a medium next time I buy one of their shirts.
  • Just stepped out of the breakroom to get my lunch and what do I hear all the old fogeys (40s-50s) talk about? Gaming.

They were talking about the 360 Kinect vs the Playstation Move and what is better. They then started talking about Nintendo.

Some guy said the graphics are so much better on the 360. I kinda scoffed and said they were pretty much the same. I left with my lunch both amused and impressed.
  • They then started talking about Nintendo.
    Nintendo always do what nobody else is doing at the time. So, I guess that means their next console will be twin-stick controller, and have a bunch of pretty good games on it.
  • Uninstalled Skype 5.0

Installed Skype 4.1

Everything is good again.
  • It's always amusing to see the huge influx of people at the gym after New Year's.
  • I'm loving that more people are discovering the wonder that is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
  • It's always amusing to see the huge influx of people at the gym after New Year's.
    Yup. Planet Fitness does Pizza Mondays every month and for the last two years, that Monday is right after New Years. The fatties get fatter.
  • I'm loving that more people are discovering the wonder that is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
    YES!
    YES!
    Even Gerald likes it.
  • edited January 2011
    I saw that crazy Pinkie Pie compilation and was tempted. Now that you remind me, I guess I'll have to go find myself a torrent.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • NPR's Fresh Air Podcast (12/28/10) was refreshing. I didn't know Billy West played so many voices. His normal voice is pretty much Frye talking.
  • NPR's Fresh Air Podcast (12/28/10) was refreshing. I didn't know Billy West played so many voices. His normal voice is pretty much Frye talking.
    He was also on a recent episode of The Nerdist podcast. It's worth listening to.
    He was also on a recent episode of The Nerdist podcast. It's worth listening to.
    Ooh new podcast to check out. Thanks.
  • If this offends you, you do not deserve to be offended.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm not sure where to put this story, but here it is:

For Christmas, I told my Mother I needed a new beard trimmer specifically one with a vacuum. She indeed got me a trimmer but not one I was particularly fond of. It lacked a vacuum, wasn't very user friendly, and was a pain to adjust/change the guides. However, I did see that the trimmer came with an extra wide blade. Not wanting to waste a gift, I used the extra wide blade to shave my junk. It did an acceptable job, but I've already procured a device for junk shaving. Not wanting to just throw it out. I returned the trimmer to Wally World for full store credit and used that money to get a beard trimmer I enjoy.

In short:
    -Got a trimmer for Christmas
    -used to shave my balls
    -returned it to Wal Mart.
    -LOLZ!
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • -Got a trimmer for Christmas
    -used to shave my balls
    -returned it to Wal Mart.
    -LOLZ!
  • Man, the Batty Rap from Fern Gully is creepy as fuck. The full version doubly so.

It's a physically and mentally damaged bat, singing about things that humans did to him, punctuated by worsening schizophrenic/Dissociative tics and the memories of his own screams while being tortured in a medical research facility, eventually delving so far into his memory that he has a full blown Dissociative episode where the only times he comes back to himself are the memories of his own screams, culminating in re-experiencing the memory of screaming to be medicated.

Jesus fucking christ.
    That scared me so bad when I was a kid. I haven't seen it in a long time, but I remember it being kind of traumatic.
  • That scared me so bad when I was a kid. I haven't seen it in a long time, but I remember it being kind of traumatic.
    I'd link the video on youtube, but frankly, I'd really rather not.
  • That scared me so bad when I was a kid. I haven't seen it in a long time, but I remember it being kind of traumatic.
    I'd link the video on youtube, but frankly, I'd really rather not.
    I always really liked it as a kid. Then again, I was...5-10, so I didn't understand what he was talking about, just that Robin Williams was being funny. I loved that movie as a kid...But it is such shit.
  • Oh mans. Billy West is a pretty fun guy. I was his handler at Tora-Con last year. He has stories.
  • Oh mans. Billy West is a pretty fun guy. I was his handler at Tora-Con last year. He has stories.
    Like Steve Bennett has stories?
  • #lessambitiousanime on Twitter is amusing.
  • #lessambitiousanime on Twitter is amusing.
    Oh yiss.
  • #lessambitiousanime
    I liked "Sega Genesis Evangelion."
  • #lessambitiousanime
    I liked "Sega Genesis Evangelion."
    If anything needs fanart, it is this.