This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Also: "Pants and Socks with Belt."
  • "ParkingZone 23"
  • Fuck everything about databases. And networks.
  • edited January 2011
    I just realized that shonen/shojo manga is essentially just superhero comics but from a different country.

Also, It is woman here in Seattle...

That used to be a fountain...

Oh shit, it just started raining.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • I just realized that shonen/shojo manga is essentially just superhero comics but from a different country.
    The point being that they don't take up so much of the manga market. You also get things like Fist of the North Star and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
  • I found 15 volumes of Viz's Jojo at a used bookstore the other day. Someone already got volume one, but I went with the classic deterrent of buying the next four volumes anyway to stake my claim.
  • I just realized that shonen/shojo manga is essentially just superhero comics but from a different country.
    The point being that they don't take up so much of the manga market. You also get things like Fist of the North Star and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
    Think of the most poplular manga both in Japan and in the US. It's shonen and shojo. However, shonen I think trades a smaller market share for having less flexibility in the kind of stories that they tend to tell. There's a reason that the power creep is part of our lexicon. But superheroes have more kinds of stories that they tell, but dominate the market and have huge brain destroying continuities involving about 400 billion parallel universes. I tend to dip in and out both shonen/shojo manga and superhero comics, in the latter's case I only read stand alone series. Also, superhero comics gave us The Dark Knight Returns, Year One, and The Long Halloween. Why yes, I do like Batman.
  • edited January 2011
    Also, superhero comics gave us The Dark Knight Returns, Year One, and The Long Halloween.
    Also Blackest Night.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Also, superhero comics gave us The Dark Knight Returns, Year One, and The Long Halloween.
    Also Blackest Night.
    I've just started actually reading superhero comics, thus the recent revelation, and I get kind of rattled when I, say Iron Man in a book labled "The Hulk." I looked up the cover of Blackest Night and I see several diffrent superheroes and then I get intimidated. I'll probably come around to it. But for now, Batman.
  • edited January 2011
    Agent Orange is in Blackest Night. READ THAT SHIT.

Also, I too have only just started.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited January 2011
    Behold the extremes of my life.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • I put my headphones around my teacup while I went to get washed, I now have pleasently warm ears.
  • edited January 2011
    Crappy iPhone photos of my manga and comic book collection and to-read pile. Had to make some new ones since the last I took are like 2 years old. 702 volumes and counting, and I still can't find volume 5 of Eagle:
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited January 2011
    I was woken up by a flash of lightning close enough to my house to leave an afterimage of the blood vessels in my eyes, and a loud and long enough rumble of thunder to shake the whole house, even shaking a few glasses off the bench in the kitchen.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I feel like "inflation" should actually be called "deflation" since your money is worth less.
  • edited January 2011
    I feel like "inflation" should actually be called "deflation" since your money is worth less.
    It's called inflation because the cost of commodities becomes larger over time, i.e. the price of something inflates.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Oh please oh please oh please oh please let this lead to a debate over flammable and inflammable.
  • It's called inflation because the cost of commodities becomes larger over time, i.e. the price of something inflates.
    I thought it was the inflation of the money supply which caused the devaluation of the currency.
  • I thought it was the inflation of the money supply which caused the devaluation of the currency.
    Uh no?
  • It's called inflation because the cost of commodities becomes larger over time, i.e. the price of something inflates.
    I thought it was the inflation of the money supply which caused the devaluation of the currency.
    That's one possibility. Another is simply using up resources and the price increasing as supply shortens.
  • I no longer eat cereal in a bowl with milk. I prefer my cereal dry in a cup, sometimes with yogurt or fruit. Fiber One's Honey Clusters is pretty damn tasty, but not too sweet.
  • I must learn the shamisen so that I can incorporate it into a ska band.
  • Post Cranberry Almond Crunch is delightful with the skim milks.
  • I no longer eat cereal in a bowl with milk. I prefer my cereal dry in a cup, sometimes with yogurt or fruit. Fiber One's Honey Clusters is pretty damn tasty, but not too sweet.
    I've been trying all the Fiber One cereals, but some stores don't have all of the flavors.
  • edited January 2011
    Post Cranberry Almond Crunch is delightful with the skim milks.
    That does look tasty, but kinda dry. I'll look into that.
    I've been trying all the Fiber One cereals, but some stores don't have all of the flavors.
    Well they only have five flavors, i.e., Original, Honey Clusters, Raisin Bran Clusters, Caramel Delight, and Shredded Wheat. They need to make one with dried strawberries.

Their breakfast/oat bars have many more flavors that are beyond delicious, but sometimes are too sugary for me.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Well they only have five flavors, i.e., Original, Honey Clusters, Raisin Bran Clusters, Caramel Delight, and Shredded Wheat. They need to make one with dried strawberries.
    One grocery store only has original and honey clusters. I have to go to the other store to get the raisin bran, caramel delight, and shredded wheat. Right now I'm rocking the caramel delight with banana. Original is the only one that is not so great, but it is tolerable with added blueberries.
  • edited January 2011
    One grocery store only has original and honey clusters. I have to go to the other store to get the raisin bran, caramel delight, and shredded wheat. Right now I'm rocking the caramel delight with banana. Original is the only one that is not so great, but it is tolerable with added blueberries.
    I can never fathom or enjoy raisins. They completely ruin the cereal for me.

I used to add blueberries with my oatmeal, but since they are out of season and pricier, I am found wanting. Alas, I will have to wait for late spring and summer to enjoy blueberries to my heart's delight.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I can never fathom or enjoy raisins. They completely ruin the cereal for me.
    Are you Rym in disguise?
    I used to add blueberries with my oatmeal, but since they are out of season and pricier, I am found wanting. Alas, I will have to wait for late spring and summer to enjoy blueberries to my heart's delight.
    Get frozen blueberries from the freezer section. Microwave in a bowl to defrost, but they'll still be cold. Then add cereal and milk to the bowl and mix it up. Tada!
  • Are you Rym in disguise?
    In many ways. :D
    Get frozen blueberries from the freezer section. Microwave in a bowl to defrost, but they'll still be cold. Then add cereal and milk to the bowl and mix it up. Tada!
    It's just not the same when it's not fresh.