This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Rym said:

Apreche said:

muppet said:

I'm mostly using vanilla because my PHP based Lith forum clone stopped working on my host and this was my solution rather than fix my code. I sort of regret it now. :P

There are no good we forum softwares anymore. Vanilla is just the best because the competition is so weak. If someone wants to pay me a year's salary, we can take over the market.
    300k kickstarter to make the best forum software in the world in 1.5 years.

How do we make the video convincing enough?
  • edited April 2015
    Apreche said:

Hey @Apreche Does the forum have this turned on? I was thinking about trying to write an android app.

Yes, it is turned on. That is how the automatic episode posts are made.

The problem is that Vanilla does not have support for fine-grained permissions on the API. Only one user can be granted API access at a time, and a special secret access token is required. The access level of that user is 100%. They can do anything. I would gladly give additional users limited API access, but Vanilla doesn't support that.
    Hmm. I'll keep working at it. I can read the API right now without the token. Most likely you only need the token to write. This is as far as I've gotten.

Source
    Post edited by SuperPichu on
  • Interesting, I tried to hit the API to read with curl, and got bad responses. What URL are you sending requests to?
  • Also reading the documentation, you don't have to give API access on a per-user basis, but on a per-app basis. Then you "login" with your account and it posts as you.
  • Hmmm....
  • edited April 2015
    This is what the API configuration screen looks like.

There's no way for me to configure more users, more apps, or more tokens. It's just the one.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Apreche said:

There's no way for me to configure more users, more apps, or more tokens. It's just the one.

Hmmm. What about this?
    That makes me think the API key is basically useless unless you also know the admin login. I may be wrong.
    I'll probably go ahead and finish the reading part of it.
  • Apreche said:

Hmmm. What about this?
    That makes me think the API key is basically useless unless you also know the admin login. I may be wrong.
    I'll probably go ahead and finish the reading part of it.
    Yes, you can pick exactly one user for the API. All things that happen via the API happen as if that one user is doing them. They don't let you pick more than one. No other user can use the API. That is the problem.
  • It always kinda boggles my mind when people try to create their own auth token service.
  • edited April 2015
    Apreche said:

Yes, you can pick exactly one user for the API. All things that happen via the API happen as if that one user is doing them. They don't let you pick more than one. No other user can use the API. That is the problem.

Yeah wow. That is a dumb API setup.
    Post edited by SuperPichu on
  • Twitch keeps licensing more music that you can use in your streams without any IP issues. They just added even more music to the list today. Sandstorm is still notably absent.
  • So it's just going to be pushed by exactly the amount of active users most likely?
  • MATATAT said:

So it's just going to be pushed by exactly the amount of active users most likely?

The question is how long it lasts and who the last person to push it is.

• Rym said:

The question is how long it lasts and who the last person to push it is.

I will not push the button, unless I can be the last to push the button.
  • 59s reporting in. No ragrets.
  • This just in, people are upset that Trevor Noah made some bad jokes.

This just in, people are upset at something and being annoyingly vocal about it.
  • 59s reporting in. No ragrets.

You're a bad person.

• 60s. Not even sorry.

• Good? Not good? I kind of like it, but I don't think I need it enough to pay for it.
  • I really want to watch Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. again.
  • Maybe I'll give that show another go. I really like the gits universe and I thought the movie was pretty good but the show just seemed a bit too slow at times.

I think that's why I really liked Attack on Titan so much was because it had some slower moments but it was very concise in its pacing. Keeping things moving at a constant pace.
  • After spending most of the day helping a mate out with his RX8, I can attest this is an extremely accurate diagram of how a Rotary Engine works:

• Bronycon in August. Tempted to go.
  • Bronycon in August. Tempted to go.

Sounds like Ballpit 2 electric boogaloo.
  • Gas or electric stove?
  • edited April 2015
    I thought of something funny: when I took the ACT, I got a perfect score on the reading comprehension/english parts (not the composition, I wrote a half-page run on sentence and went to sleep) despite failing 11th and 12th grade English classes. Why are schools so determined to bore and alienate students from reading and writing by focusing on mechanistic bullshit? I was a better writer in elementary school than high school simply because I was less constrained by stupid stuff (MLA and 5 paragraph essays, also write about how someone influenced you to blargh).
    Wyatt said:

Gas or electric stove?

Gas is generally better for cooking, electric is safer and easier. If you cook a lot and like it, go gas and get a single-pot induction top and an electric griddle for those cases when a flame is a drawback, otherwise go electric. Gas ovens suck though.
    Post edited by Ilmarinen on