This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Well, to be fair, I am basing this on literally nothing, since I don't use uber because a) I don't want to give money to those shitbags and b)I have a car meaning that my options are 40 dollar cab to the city, 30 dollar slightly nicer cab to the city, or a few bucks worth of petrol and the enjoyment of driving.

I don't use Lyft because they haven't launched here, so it's a bit tricky to get a driver to pick you up.
  • I haven't used Uber or Lyft, but then I'm not sure if they've made it to my city. I have my own car though so it's usually not a problem.
  • edited May 2015
    A car is a 2 ton steel bullet. I won't get into a car with someone else behind the wheel unless I trust them. Not gonna risk some rando having a nervous breakdown and not caring if they take me with them or not. Also, much like Churba, I enjoy driving.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I will push the button if I happen to wander by and it's under 20 seconds.
  • A car is a 2 ton steel bullet. I won't get into a car with someone else behind the wheel unless I trust them. Not gonna risk some rando having a nervous breakdown and not caring if they take me with them or not. Also, much like Churba, I enjoy driving.

That seems kinda ridiculous. But also whats to stop them from ploughing into your car?
  • I for one can't wait until I have a computer chauffeuring me around, but given that it's been rather a long time since I last drove a car, I'm perfectly willing to leave getting around up to somebody who drives as a job.
  • I logged in for the first time in forever because I heard Muppet got "shut down" which I thought meant banned but I guess not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MATATAT said:

A car is a 2 ton steel bullet. I won't get into a car with someone else behind the wheel unless I trust them. Not gonna risk some rando having a nervous breakdown and not caring if they take me with them or not. Also, much like Churba, I enjoy driving.

That seems kinda ridiculous. But also what's to stop them from ploughing into your car?
    I'd be in a 2 ton safety cage that would not only protect me, but be under my control, meaning I could dodge them or, if I was definitely going to be hit, maneuver the car in such a way to minimize my own injury.
  • Sail said:

I logged in for the first time in forever because I heard Muppet got "shut down" which I thought meant banned but I guess not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I still think we all had fun, though. But the bans on here have always been very specific. 90% of the time it's just for spammers.

• Bill introduced to set Congressional term limits http://circanews.com/s/DQLB

Interesting idea. Not sure if anyone will go for it. Also somewhat surprising it was introduced by a Republican.
  • I am totally down with that. I'd rather it apply to current congressmen too, but they'd never go for it if it did.
  • okeefe said:

I will push the button if I happen to wander by and it's under 20 seconds.

17 seconds. No regrets.
  • Sail said:

I logged in for the first time in forever because I heard Muppet got "shut down" which I thought meant banned but I guess not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does that mean you've been staying away from the forum specifically because of Muppet?

If so, maybe we should ban him...
  • edited May 2015
    Voted in the UK general election this morning. I voted for a mainstream party that I don't particularly like but I met the candididate and exchanged a couple of emails and he seemed like the person who would best represent me. Still feeling dirty though.
    Post edited by Totally Guy on
  • In the hustings he green guy for my area panicked over nothing and confessed he hadn't read the party manifesto yet.
  • US set to lose record number of American citizens in 2015 http://circanews.com/s/TIV
  • I haven't seen our city respond so much to the tragic death of a local public figure since Selena was killed. Tons of people going to the funeral today. I'm watching the live stream of it.
  • Dubyaz said:

US set to lose record number of American citizens in 2015 http://circanews.com/s/TIV

Good
  • I do not find it weird at all that I have an answer prepared in case I'm ever asked, "Why did you use a wrestling piledriver on that fifteen year old autistic girl?"
  • Why did you use a wrestling piledriver on that fifteen year old autistic girl?
  • edited May 2015

Why did you use a wrestling piledriver on that fifteen year old autistic girl?

I felt she was a threat to the safety and well being of myself and the other passengers.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • I wondered if Geeknights was on soundcloud and when I searched I found a Spanish-language Geeknights.
  • American train goes 100mph, derails, and people die. Japanese train goes over 200mph on purpose, no problem.
  • Apreche said:

American train goes 100mph, derails, and people die. Japanese train goes over 200mph on purpose, no problem.

NYC should militarize Amtrak, invade neighboring states and upstate, and create a right of way for bullet trains between us and every major city within 150 miles.

• Rym said:

Apreche said:

American train goes 100mph, derails, and people die. Japanese train goes over 200mph on purpose, no problem.

NYC should militarize Amtrak, invade neighboring states and upstate, and create a right of way for bullet trains between us and every major city within 150 miles.

Sounds like a job for Brave Express Might Gaine!

• Apreche said:

Japanese train goes over 200mph on purpose, no problem.

Japanese trains will be going well over 300mph on purpose fairly soon. Test runs for the new bullet trains went well, they just need to lay more track.
  • Can we just get hyperloops around the country already?
  • Can we just get hyperloops around the country already?

No. That would be practical and not conducive to ailing industry in this country.

• To answer your question from four years ago, Scott, it turns out our traffic fatality rates really are lower than yours. 5.6 per hundred thousand people for Australia, and 11.6 per hundred thousand for the US.

And I must have heard it 4-5 times now, but I'm still crying with laughter at Luke's insane escalation of pranks.