This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Amazon Prime is great. I ordered books on Thursday night and they showed up this morning.
  • I'm not sure yet if I should consider this disturbing or not, but Facebook has been suggesting a surprisingly large number of people from this forum to me. Despite the fact that I haven't friended anyone here, and there are no mutual friends at all.
  • I'm not sure yet if I should consider this disturbing or not, but Facebook has been suggesting a surprisingly large number of people from this forum to me. Despite the fact that I haven't friended anyone here, and there are no mutual friends at all.
    Come now, you must at least have ONE. Or, if you linked Facebook and Skype, that could happen that way too.
    Is Twitter linked to your FB? It could be because of that. If you're following people from the FRCF that also have Twitter linked to their FB, it could easily suggest them as friends.
  • Facebook is just creepy that way.
  • Facebook is just creepy that way.
    Creepy like Mark Zukerberg's face.
    Is Twitter linked to your FB? It could be because of that. If you're following people from the FRCF that also have Twitter linked to their FB, it could easily suggest them as friends.
    They're not directly connected, but they are somewhat connected through my phone, so that might be. It's just weird because I can see this huge list of friend suggestions, and all of them are old classmates or have at least one mutual friend, except for all the FRCF people. I almost wonder if FB can somehow see what websites you frequent while you're logged in, which I am all the time.
  • Going up for Saturday student teaching was not as bad as going in on MLK day.
  • This is where our shells for the SU Crew are now stored, we just moved today.
  • Fucking Fires, Fucking Floods, Fucking Cyclones, and now this -

Thank Christ I watched Bubblegum Crisis and AD police. I WILL SAVES YOU, CITIZENS.
  • Team Laser?
  • Also, I should get a pair of these.
    The placement of the sword is great.
  • Why will the BBC not just release a box set for each doctor containing every one of his stories? That seems like a no-brainer to me.
  • Why will the BBC not just release a box set for each doctor containing every one of his stories? That seems like a no-brainer to me.
    They probably will eventually but they still haven't released all of the dvd's of classic who, so it might take a while.
  • That's what I'm talking about. A torrent of the Complete Fourth is 55 gigs. I'd rather just get a box set.
  • Have you ever heard of this band called The Beatles?
  • Have you ever heard of this band called The Beatles?
    If you like them, you'll really like Nickleback.
  • I heard they suck live.
  • Also, I should get a pair of these.
    The placement of the sword is great.
    Holy shit. I haven't thought of Denver: The Last Dinosaur in decades. The theme music immediately popped into my head, and now won't leave.
  • Holy shit. I haven't thought of Denver: The Last Dinosaur in decades. The theme music immediately popped into my head, and now won't leave.
    NOOOOOOOO! >____<

So I tried to get the song stuck in Jeremy's head, but he doesn't remember it at all. Fail. Instead I told him "You're a friend of mine. You're like a mountie, you always get your man."

He got mad and then said "CAT PLANET! CAT PLANET! Like it's 1599, which is the price of a cat planet."

Well played.
  • Denver the last dinosaur, he's my friend and a whooooolllllleeeee lot more.
    Sicko.
    I watched that all the time as a kid...Except it just an old VHS my grandparents had, so I watched the same two episodes over...And over...And over again.
    I watched that all the time as a kid...Except it just an old VHS my grandparents had, so I watched the same two episodes over...And over...And over again.
    That happened to me also. Even though I saw many Duck Tales episodes, I had a VHS tape that had two episodes on it. I saw those two episodes way more times than any other.
  • edited January 2011
    I wonder if the future children of the world will be expose to the awesomeness that was Duck Tales, Darwin Duck and those old awesome cartoons. I think I was lucky in the sense that down in South America we got everything late so we got an awesome combination of Disney Cartoons, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, Mazinger Z, Saint Seiya, Dragonball, and those old Warner Brothers cartoons (you know, the ones that used to appear back in the 50's in the movie theater).
    I had a very awesome childhood while living in a third world country guys :D
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Darwin Duck
    LOL.

Lisa did not remember Denver: The Last Dinosaur either. I sang the song for her and she just looked at me blank-eyed. She does not think cartoons are a legitimate use of time.
  • Discovered FLCL, have we?
  • The Last Dinosaur