This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Why not just have a desktop tower with a monitor built into the side and a folding down keyboard and dockable bluetooth mouse?
    That would work but I don't really like having a huge box on my desk if I don't have to.
    I didn't say it was a good idea.
  • Just build a VESA mount into the case and mount a monitor whenever you go to a LAN party. Ugly but effective.
  • I was thinking more like a higher resolution version of this:
    with a gaming keyboard, and with a rack or something on the pc case to mount it for travel. I don't need anything like this since I never really go to LAN parties but I still think its an ok idea.
  • I shat brix when I found out that the mitsubishi lancer evo is a 4-banger. How can such a powerful car have only 4 cylinders?
    Turbochargers are fucking magical. ^_^
    My Suzuki is a 4-banger, and I've broken the ton with it easily despite having far less horsepower than the Evo. It's all about the weight.
    It's more about wind resistance actually.
  • I shat brix when I found out that the mitsubishi lancer evo is a 4-banger. How can such a powerful car have only 4 cylinders?
    My Suzuki is a 4-banger, and I've broken the ton with it easily despite having far less horsepower than the Evo. It's all about the weight.
    All WRC cars are 4 cylinder engines.
    All WRC cars are 4 cylinder engines.
    That's just fucking insane. By how the cars drove, I just assumed they were 6 cylinders.
  • I've got to give thanks to Rym for the info on caffeine tolerance.
    I went through about 10 days of no caffeine, and I have been having it very rarely during the past week or so. Coffee feels like a proper drug again. I'm prescribed adderall for studying, and my coffee is feeling stronger than that (at least in the short term and not compared to a recreational dose).
    Study mode go!
  • edited April 2011
    I shat brix when I found out that the mitsubishi lancer evo is a 4-banger. How can such a powerful car have only 4 cylinders?
    My Suzuki is a 4-banger, and I've broken the ton with it easily despite having far less horsepower than the Evo. It's all about the weight. You put a turbocharged 4-banger with a some crazy horsepower in a lightweight frame (the Evo's curb weight is less than two tons) and you make some magic.
    My famous "THE MIGHTY VAN"(There are other vans, but they're not fuckin' mighty) will break a ton. I've not tried it, but I assume it will do it while simultaneously carrying a ton in the back, despite only being a 4-banger. Admittedly, it is a well-tuned 2.6 litre 4 banger, but still. I did say it was a mighty van.
    That's just fucking insane. By how the cars drove, I just assumed they were 6 cylinders.
    You'd be amazed what you can do with a Turbo and some good tuning.

EDIT - took a word out of the description, since Obviously my van doesn't have such modifications, since it doesn't have a mod plate for them. ;^)
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I'm prescribed adderall for studying
    By "prescribed" do you mean you buy it from a guy down the hall? I didn't think they prescribed adderall just for studying.
  • By "prescribed" do you mean you buy it from a guy down the hall? I didn't think they prescribed adderall just for studying.
    I should have been more clear. My doctor prescribed it for ADD but I only use it while studying.
  • holy shit the GBA is 10 years old. How is that possible?
    You are old.
  • I know the only way to get better at MvC3 is to play in training mode to get combos, but I really hate playing in training mode just doing combos.
    You are old.
    Thats...THATS IMPOSSIBLE!
    You are old.
    Thats...THATS IMPOSSIBLE!
    Search your feelings, you know it to be true. Specifically the ones regarding the presence of younger people on your lawn.
  • Specifically the ones regarding the presence of younger people on your lawn.
    Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can get them away from your rose bushes.
  • Those little punks better not touch my begonia's!
  • "Drama Llama strikes again."
  • If I ever get into a position where I can name my own title, "Galactic Prettyboy" is going to be high on that list.
  • Confirmed via Twitter: JoCo is rerecording Still Alive for his next record. They are also shooting a new music video for it starting tomorrow.

Also, if you weren't already aware, the project is completely overflowing with TMBG members. John Flansburgh is producing, Pat Dillett is engineering, and Marty Beller is drumming. I can't freaking wait for this album.
  • All these worlds are yours, except Europa. Attempt no landing there. Use them together. Use them in peace.
  • I am no longer a stupid teenager
  • If I'm ever rich enough to have a mansion on Long Island, I'm going to put in the Doctor T. J. Eckleburg billboard across the street. Why? Because.
  • Mr. Currie would be proud, Justin.
  • My has it been awhile. I'm about two months away from finally graduating college. I'm stuck at home for a while until I get on my feet. My parents are still kind of nuts, but I should be fine for the time being. They did do something odd, though. Something I never saw coming. They actually bought me a car.

I honestly don't know how to feel right now. I'm grateful, but I feel guilty accepting this car. I know very well once I'm self-sufficient and come out to them they'll not react well. For my sanity's sake, I'll have to consider cutting off contact. I'm kind of bummed right now.
  • I know very well once I'm self-sufficient and come out to them they'll not react well. For my sanity's sake, I'll have to consider cutting off contact. I'm kind of bummed right now.
    I don't know if you should cut off all ties but I think it might be best to do it when you're not living at home just to be safe. And don't feel guilty about the car. It was a gift and you accepted it, end of story.
  • I think I am going to puke. My boss just sent me an email saying he is sending our office to some dumbfucking motivational seminar in May, featuring Bill Cosby, Terry Bradshaw, Goldie Hawn, Colin Powell, and others.

First: Money is the only thing that motivates me at work. Deal with it. I am not here to change the world or make the company the best it can be. I am here to provide labor in return for cash. Cash. Moolah. The green.

Second: I am not a rah-rah-sis-boom-bah kind of guy. I do not cheer. I do not clap. Do not send me to some high-energy bullshit conference, because that's not me. I am not going to be engaged or involved in some stupid motivational talk. It just won't happen.

Third: DANGER, WILL ROBINSON. TICKETS ARE $1.95 PER PERSON OR $9.95 FOR AN ENTIRE OFFICE. DANGER. DANGER. DANGER.
  • You gotta sharrrrre! You gotta Caaaaare! It's stuck in my head! Help! Help me!
  • ...featuring Bill Cosby...
    Go and don't look back.
  • ...featuring Bill Cosby...
    Go and don't look back.
    Don't get me wrong. I love the Cos. But having him stand in the middle of an arena and yell platitudes at me about why I should Change the World and Make It a Better Place is not my idea of a good time.