This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• This might seem totally out of place but I've been listening to old episodes while traveling and am wondering of anyone ever made that right to left mario you guys mentioned in Why Ice Hockey is Awesome. Did that happen?
  • Now I just need a couple food-grade steel drums. I thought McMaster would have me sorted, but no.
    Wait, wait, wait, wait wait. You're welding stainless? In that case, respirators are 100% a must, and it must be rated for stainless welding, or you will fucking die. You need about a third of the amps, and you need to shield both sides of where you're welding with your shield gas, argon is best. Practice first, you only get one chance with stainless.
    No no, just steel. NOT stainless.
  • On another totally random note, you said in the Hacking the Boardwalk episode that if you ever made shirts, you would make one with the caption "Lets do dumb shit after this."
  • "Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage and those who manage what they do not understand."
  • Oh shit, son - Browsing wikipedia for some new Manga to read, I found out that Great Teacher Onizuka has a sequel series going, which picks up where the last one left off, starting in 2009. Awwwww Yeah.
  • edited March 2011
    Say what you want about California state legislation, but how many other state governments can say they have welsh corgi running around their offices?
    Legislators and lobbyists fawn over the stocky little brown-and-white canine. He's become a fixture in budget negotiations — actually sitting at the bargaining table once — and a people magnet on his daily walks.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Ein is secretly running the state government.
    Damn you I was just about to say something to that effect.
    That's impossible, because Ein is a genius.
    Thats why its a secret. The people we think are running it are just puppets.
    Thats why its a secret. The people we think are running it are just puppets.
    You mean you guys haven't noticed all the tennis ball earmarks in the new state budget?
  • Say what you want about California state legislation, but how many other state governments can say they have welsh corgi running around their offices?
    Ted Kennedy had a Portuguese Water Dog running around his federal office. Still, Corgis are cute.
  • I had a dream last night, where me and Rym/Scott were watching some super advanced indoor football game while we were all in stands. We had fun bullshitting over lots of topics. ...that's how that went.
  • Utz Kettle Classic Gourment Dark Russet potato chips are basically the same as the Cape Cod Robust Russet. If your grocery store is like mine and doesn't have Cap Cod, don't shy away from the Utz. If you're not eating Utz, you're eating Butz.
  • Fuck Utz!
  • Fuck Utz!
    I NORMALLY CONCUR WITH YOUR OPINIONS BUT YOU BEST TAKE THIS ONE BACK
  • Fuck Utz!
    But...UTZ IS BETTER THAN NUTS.
  • Utz are Butz! Utz are Butz! Utz are Butz!
  • When something smells, it's usually the Utz.
  • Utz are Butz! Utz are Butz! Utz are Butz!
    I have an image of Charlton Heston running around a city, frantically pulling bags of potato chips out of people's hands.
  • Fuck Utz!
    If you're not eating Utz, you're eating buttz.

• Once upon a time in Lybia.
  • Ghostride Chinese Firedrill.
  • Stalin's tomb is a Communist plot!!!
  • Your mom is a communist plot - shared equally among the workers
  • edited March 2011
    I got a massive haircut recently. It took over an hour to cut it and get it layered and styled properly. I went from shoulder-length curls to a haircut one of my female friends described as "Clarkson circa 1988," though, checking youtube, it's a bit more brought-in than that. Today was the first day back at school since I had it cut, and at least three people I know completely failed to recognize me. It's pretty cool.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Whenever people use the acronym DA, my first thought is always Dumbledore's Army and not Deviant Art.
  • Whenever people use the acronym DA, my first thought is always Dumbledore's Army and not Deviant Art.
    My first thought was District Attorney.
    My first thought was District Attorney.
    That's only when I watch cop procedurals.

I was mainly referring to the internets and the most of the places I frequent.
  • Working a 9 to 5 job is miserable. Maybe I should be a mountain rescue worker or something.