This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• I don't think there should be a regular "cast of characters", I think we should switch or add people every episode. If not that, then some sort of process that will keep the contestants fresh.
  • I've withheld talking about this up until now.

The ideal cast is one host (me) and four contestants. Any less and the conversation thins. Any more and people are clambering over each other to talk. I'd prefer a solid, committed crew for reliability. However, the benefit of rotating is that it will bring different age groups into the equation who will bring different expertise and allow us to tackle a wider range of categories. The weakness is that rotation means less gelling of the cast.

So here's my decision: Decide politely amongst yourselves who shall be there Thursday at 8:30 p.m. Meet me on Skype. Hopefully it will stabilize within a few months.
  • edited October 2010
    I can be there.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • How about whoever is on Skype at that time, we have someone go to an online randomizer/dice roller and decide from there?

I can be there and would like to participate this Thursday.
  • I think I'll try to be there too.
  • I can do Thursdays pretty much every single time, I'll log in and I can be your backup in case you can't fill the 4 spots.
  • I'd be willing to give up my spot this week so that someone else can give it a shot, under the condition that I would be guaranteed a spot next week.
  • edited October 2010
    Thursday night? I'm off of work so I can make it if I could. If not, I could listen on mute while drawing. A win win indeed!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I can do it.
  • Just record two podcast episodes again, and who can't fit in the first cast can have a go in the second.
  • Just record two podcast episodes again, and who can't fit in the first cast can have a go in the second.
    This. I want to have a go, but class gets out at 9 and he takes attendance at the end.
  • Just got notification that Apple's approved the 'cast and it should soon be listed in the iTunes directory.
  • I just listened the first episode. Before listening I wasn't really sure about this, because I thought it would be some kind of normal (although geeky) quiz show. But actually it was interesting and fun and I'll definitely listen more. Also if you are taking random one-timers I would like to be on the show once. It would be impossible for me to be regular because I sometimes have classes at Fridays and talking over the Atlantic means I have to stay up late. But if it's anyway possible I would like to one get to the show and lose all my nerdcred.
  • Episode 2 is published a little early, because I was bored and didn't want to think about work anymore tonight, y'all. Enjoy. Here's the page with show notes and RSS info for those who might have missed it.
  • Tomorrow I'm definitely going out and getting a new headset because the audio glitches are annoying.
  • Guess what Power Glove toting movie I'm watching in class tomorrow.
  • I'm guessing a movie thats "so bad"
  • Guess what Power Glove toting movie I'm watching in class tomorrow.
    The Wizard?
  • The Wizard?
    Bingo. But I don't really thing there are any other options for Power Glove movies mentioned in the podcast. Is it really that bad a movie?
  • So is the recording starting at 8 tonight?
  • 8 p.m.
    Four co-hosts.
    A battle for the fate of the Earth.
    Or something.
  • 8 p.m.
    Four co-hosts.
    A battle for the fate of the Earth.
    Or something.
    What time zone?
  • Eastern.
  • I guess I can't be there then since it's a half-hour earlier =/
  • So how are the co hosts chosen? First come and such?
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2010
    I'm going to opt out of this episode guys. For the last few days I've been battling a bad chest cold, and you wouldn't want me coughing every few seconds or so.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited October 2010
    Guess what Power Glove toting movie I'm watching in class tomorrow.
    The Wizard?
    FTFY
    Is there a way to embed a quicktime audio player on this forum?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • So how are the co hosts chosen? First come and such?
    There is a written test and a talent show.
  • Nope, Thunderdome is how they are decided.