This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• When is the next one? Can anyone play, or is it only open to the cool kids?
  • cool kids?
    Cool codgers can play, too.
  • I wouldn't mind playing some time, though I would fare terribly.
  • I have a ton of people requesting to be contestants, which is awesome. Because of this, I've decided to whisper invites in advance each week to potential players to get a good balance age, gender, and knowledge-wise. Please don't be offended if you're not asked on right away.

Also, I've asked Omar (Roboto) to be a permanent player. He brings a cool Latin breeze to the show. Or is it a warm Latin vibe? Maybe it's a hot Latin samba. Whatever. I have my reasons. Purely platonic, I assure you.

Maybe other players will become more or less permanent as time goes on, or will rotate in regularly. You DO need a headset mic (built-in laptop ones will NOT suffice because of background noise and quality).

Finally, the bumpers were bad. Really bad. They shan't be used again. I mark this promise by placing a rainbow in the sky.
  • You need a web site with rankings, listings of the past questions and answers, etc.
  • edited October 2010
    cool kids?
    Cool codgers can play, too.
    I guess that's me out, then. Let me know when you need a bitter and cynical antihero type.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited October 2010
    You need a web site with rankings, listings of the past questions and answers, etc.
    Ah, that would be cool.
    Also, I've asked Omar (Roboto) to be a permanent player. He brings a cool Latin breeze to the show. Or is it a warm Latin vibe? Maybe it's a hot Latin samba. Whatever. I have my reasons. Purely platonic, I assure you.
    I think you just like the opportunity to practice rolling your R's ;)
    Post edited by Sail on
  • The History of the Atomic Trivia War (9000) ?
  • I just checked our stats and found that after only three episodes we already have 69 subscribers. That's about 62 more than I had anticipated.

Heh. 69.

That is all.
  • I listened to the first two episodes of this podcast today. I gotta say I actually really like the format. I wasn't sure a trivia podcast could be that fun but this works. Sounds like you've got a laundry list of volunteers but if you ever need another, I wouldn't mind participating.
  • Episode 4 is up, with Geo, Ro, Sail, and MrRoboto! This week, we cover Jack Nicholson films, Wizard magazine's top 100 villains, DC heroes, comic book movies, Dr. Seuss, and ad jingles. If you don't tell your friends, you're anti-American.
  • I listen to a few episodes of this today. It was exactly as I expected in some ways (nerds sitting round talking about comics, etc) but totally unexpected in other ways (it was actually very entertaining).
  • I know you're cutting out a lot of the lag silence, but some of the pauses are unnaturally short. Just something to keep in mind.
  • I know you're cutting out a lot of the lag silence, but some of the pauses are unnaturally short. Just something to keep in mind.
    Yeah, my silence filter has been a bit aggressive.
  • Xanatos is gravely missing from that list.
  • I feel like you should actually have themed shows sometimes. The unintentional theme actually led to a very good show.
  • I'm just going to throw out episode five because Disney films are stupid.
  • LOL WHUT!? I did good, though! ; _ ;

That does need to be a category. Disney Villains, Songs, etc.

Also Cartoon Villains.
  • I haven't listened to this show at all, but how do you guys deal with the Googling problem?
  • I haven't listened to this show at all, but how do you guys deal with the Googling problem?
    We promise not to. It's not 100% sure, but we aren't assholes. Well, I think so at least.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2010
    I haven't listened to this show at all, but how do you guys deal with the Googling problem?
    1: If you like shows like "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me" (you should), then you'll like this show.
    2: Just promising not to, because it's no fun if people Google for the answers.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • 1: If you like shows like "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me" (you should), then you'll like this show.
    I don't know what that show is, but I assume it's trivia.
  • how do you guys deal with the Googling problem?
    We don't keep track of the score.
  • 1: If you like shows like "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me" (you should), then you'll like this show.
    I don't know what that show is, but I assume it's trivia.
    It's a very funny trivia show on NPR.
  • I'm just going to throw out episode five because Disney films are stupid.
    THERE WAS A DISNEY CATEGORY AND I WASN'T ON THE SHOW FOR IT? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?
  • Tonight's guests are Roboto, HungryJoe, WindUpBird, and Ro.

Joe must leave after the first recording. Who wants to take his chair during the second?
  • At what time is the second recording?
  • edited October 2010
    I will. Also, REALLY looking forwards to hearing Joe on the show.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Oh snaps. This is a podcast Dream Team, you guys.