This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Mad props on editing that last episode, Jason. There was maybe once where I could detect a cut, which is pretty damn good given how much raw banter we produced.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Mad props on editing that last episode, Jason. There was maybe once where I could detect a cut, which is pretty damn good given how much raw banter we produced.
    I'm glad the cuts aren't too obvious. There was one five-minute segment I ripped out of there! Sometimes I worry that there might be glitches or bumps or muted gaps that are obvious. I'm finding more ways to get around all that.
  • What's funny about the shows that Joe mentioned during the last episode, I could also probably name all of those shows.
  • What's funny about the shows that Joe mentioned during the last episode, I could also probably name all of those shows.
    Me too, if mostly because of Wacky Racers.
  • Thursday's recording will be Omar, Ro, WindUpBird, and my buddy Kevin from Toronto. Same bat time, same bat channel.
  • Thursday's recording will be Omar, Ro, WindUpBird, and my buddy Kevin from Toronto. Same bat time, same bat channel.
    WTB Harry Potter Trivia this week in celebration of the release of movie 7 part 1.
    WTB Harry Potter Trivia this week in celebration of the release of movie 7 part 1.
    I've read all of the books about 10 times each... so I'd also have to throw down the gauntlet at that one.
  • Do "who can name the most Harry Potter characters".
  • I've read all of the books about 10 times each... so I'd also have to throw down the gauntlet at that one.
    Rival! Battle!

I'm currently doing a marathon week of the movies and was trying to get all the audiobooks done before the end of the week. However, I'm only at book 5, so I will have to take a break for it and start book 7 tonight.
  • I will take you all down for Harry Potter.
  • Just wanted to say keep up the great work. I've really been enjoying the podcast.
  • edited November 2010
    Just wanted to say keep up the great work. I've really been enjoying the podcast.
  • Just wanted to say keep up the great work. I've really been enjoying the podcast.
  • edited November 2010
    Thursday's recording will be Omar, Ro, WindUpBird, and my buddy Kevin from Toronto.
    Oh! So that's how you get to be on the show! You have to be *air quote*FRIENDS*air quote* with the host! Corruption! Graft! Hypocrisy!

Who's your next contestant, Jason? CHARLES VAN DOREN?!!
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Or bribe him with delicious ham sandwiches.

Beware, Jason: A Spanish ham sandwich is some next-level business. You may not be able to take the explosive blend of fresh bread, fatty well-aged Serrano, and Manchego cheese as they have a giant party in your honor on your taste buds.
  • Beware, Jason: A Spanish ham sandwich is some next-level business. You may not be able to take the explosive blend of fresh bread, fatty well-aged Serrano, and Manchego cheese as they have a giant party in your honor on your taste buds.
    Damn you! My paltry American ham sandwiches will forever be diminished because of your description of deliciousness.
  • edited November 2010
    No Iberico ham? WTF type of sandwich shop do you run?
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited November 2010
    No Iberico ham? WTF type of sandwich shop do you run?
    Iberico is soooo expensive compared to Serrano.

Like, $500-$1000 a leg. For reals.
  • Prosciutto. Preferably di Parma.

You're both wrong.
  • edited November 2010
    Prosciutto. Preferably di Parma.

You're both wrong.
    We've had this discussion before. Prosciutto di Parma is on par or marginally better than Serrano; it's my go-to at Italian delis. Parma and Serrano both cost about $250 for a 15lb leg.

Jamon Iberico is like a 80% fat, salt-cured orgasm. A 15lb leg is $1000. It's made from free-range pigs who eat only ripe acorns that have fallen from the trees in Spanish forest-pastures.

Also, braised pork belly confit sandwiches. I can make it happen.
    Where did you find that picture of me
  • edited November 2010
    Where did you find that picture of me
    You think that's you, but it's really a picture of your future child. We have special time traveling technologies.

It will be interesting having a contestant that no one really knows other than Jason. We normally have a good connection from previous recordings because we have some sort of idea who eachother is.

Seriously though, let's bring on the HP brawl this week. I am ready. (maybe)

Also stop talking about ham sammiches. I haven't made dinner yet.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Where did you find that picture of me
    You think that's you, but it's really a picture of your future child. We have special time traveling technologies.
    Noooooooooo. My future child is 80% fat and has a 15lb leg worth $1000. I knew it! Damn you genes!
  • edited November 2010
    Also stop talking about ham sammiches. I haven't made dinner yet.
    I have a huge craving for jambalaya.
  • Also, braised pork belly confit sandwiches.
    Oh god you're right.
  • Also, braised pork belly confit sandwiches.
    Oh god you're right.
    I forgot to tell you: there's a Smoke and Alehouse in Champaign. My dad came by this weekend, and the special was slow smoked braised pork belly with Georgia Peach barbecue sauce. We also got the cornbread (filled with jalapenos, cheddar, red beans, and pulled pork), and various sides with our barbecue platters.

Goddamn. It was incredible.
  • I would honestly rather have a BBQ pulled pork sandwich than any of the "fancy" crap you are spewing.
  • edited November 2010
    I would honestly rather have a BBQ pulled pork sandwich than any of the "fancy" crap you are spewing.
    Have you have the glory that is pork belly?
  • I would honestly rather have a BBQ pulled pork sandwich than any of the "fancy" crap you are spewing.
    Have you have the glory that is pork belly?
    Having had both, I'm with Roboto. Pulled pork is such the comfort food for me.