This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Due to all the funny business with Jason's "friends" getting special access on the show, not to mention ham sandwich-gate, I have referred this quiz show scandal to the House Subcommittee on Legislative Oversight for investigation.

God help the guilty, because I won't.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited November 2010
    Due to all the funny business with Jason's "friends" getting special access on the show, not to mention ham sandwich-gate, I have referred this quiz show scandal to the House Subcommittee on Legislative Oversight for investigation.

God help the guilty, because I won't.
    I don't think there is a US-Costa Rica extradition policy with regard of Pork Sandwich Racketeering related crimes. So I guess I'd be off the hook.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Due to all the funny business with Jason's "friends" getting special access on the show, not to mention ham sandwich-gate, I have referred this quiz show scandal to the House Subcommittee on Legislative Oversight for investigation.
    I would think that if there were justice in the land, they would say, "Lets... let's not fight in this land."
  • edited November 2010
    What, you guys have 7 episodes already? I didn't even realize you'd started!

Also, on the podcast art, is that building in on right foreground from Watchmen?

EDIT: Listened to the last couple of episodes. Good stuff, you guys.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Also, on the podcast art, is that building in on right foreground from Watchmen?
    It's from an old comic called "Atomic War," which is no longer protected by copyright.
  • I am the Harry Potter Champion! :P
  • Episode 8: Mortal Kombat, top 100 NES games, Jean Claude Van Damme, Jason's favorite movies, Muppets, Star Trek: TNG

This episode is also known as: Kung Pao chicken is NOT a Mortal Kombat character, OMAR.

That's because his run of names in the Bidding War is highly suspect. In the hot seat, the top 10 NES games (as picked by the GameFAQs forum) are too easy, so we try to guess the highest ranking titles of 11-100.

In the Hot Seat, Dimitri sees FOUR LIGHTS. Omar identifies a film about a French police officer seeking revenge for his brother's death, a film about a French police officer seeking revenge for his brother's death, and a film about a French police officer seeking revenge for his brother's death. Ryan has a disturbing puppet fetish, and Ro looks at more of Jason's favorite movies (TATONKA?!).

We also debut a new game called IMDB Bingo! This episode is totally not brought to you by Netflix Instant Watch.
  • It is so weird listening to myself on a podcast.
    I know. Me too. I don't know about you, but I really hate the sound of my voice. I wish it were lower and didn't sound so...kid-like.
    I know. Me too. I don't know about you, but I really hate the sound of my voice. I wish it were lower and didn't sound so...kid-like.
    Time to bust out the old mic.
  • edited November 2010
    Oh snap! I'm on a podcast. Time to listen to myself suck.
    I hadn't realised my microphone was that bad, although it could also have to do with bandwidth to Australia.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Ro didn't know Hot Fuzz. I am disappoint :(
  • edited November 2010
    Ro didn't know Hot Fuzz. I am disappoint :(
    It was a brain fart! Don't hate me! ;_;

I honestly have only watched that movie once.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited November 2010
    OR The Graduate! Man, I actually would have done really well on that category.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • OR The Graduate! Man, I actually would have done really well on that category.
    Well, I can't really say much for The Graduate other than it really never interested me.
  • OR The Graduate! Man, I actually would have done really well on that category.
    Well, I can't really say much for The Graduate other than it really never interested me.
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAATHEN! FIRE AND BRIMSTONE AND MORE FIRE AND A SLAP ON THE WRIST!
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAATHEN! FIRE AND BRIMSTONE AND MORE FIRE AND A SLAP ON THE WRIST!
    I can sympathize with that. Granted, I love the movie, but I'm not blinded enough to know that it's not for everyone.
  • The latest ATW9K: Bruce Willis, AFI's top movie heroes, Transformers, science, TV characters, worst movies ever made.

This episode is also known as: "He was actually very gentle with that woman they gave to him when he was in training to be in barbarian academy."

We take a look at Bruce Willis movies in the Bidding War, then AFI's top heroes surprise our panel in Rank and File. In the Hot Seat, Ryan knows SOUNDWAVE SUPERIOR, CONSTRUCTICONS INFERIOR. Dimitri calls in from Australia to talk science, Ro knows her TV characters, and Omar hasn't seen the worst movies ever made.
  • edited December 2010
    This episode is also known as: "He was actually very gentle with that woman they gave to him when he was in training to be in barbarian academy."
    OMG I totally forgot I said that.
  • This episode is also known as: "He was actually very gentle with that woman they gave to him when he was in training to be in barbarian academy."
    It was a statement you never think you're going to hear in any context.
  • edited December 2010
    It was a statement you never think you're going to hear in any context.
    What's funny is I recently just revisited The Greatest Movie Ever Podcast with Dave & Joel yesterday and I realized that I more than likely subconsciously mimicked them.
  • Could I be on next time?
  • Well, I failed a lot less that time.
  • @Omar
    El Matrixo! XD
    Quatro Crazy! ^_~
  • @Omar
    El Matrixo! XD
    Quatro Crazy! ^_~
    Now I really want a Spanish Matrix rip-off with sombreros, lots of mustaches and luchadores.
  • @Omar
    El Matrixo! XD
    Quatro Crazy! ^_~
    Now I really want a Spanish Matrix rip-off with sombreros, lots of mustaches and luchadores.
    I know capoeira...
  • I knowcapoeira...
    Pa-ra-naue! Pa-ra-naue, Pa-ra-na!
  • Listing the answers here is probably not going to help :D
  • Listing the answers here is probably not going to help :D
    They technically aren't answers. Well the second one is, but no one will really understand it, unless they are awesome.