This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Could someone please make a 15 600 minute version of Discord shufflin'?
    I'm on it.
  • It's the small things like this...
    ... that make good shows, great.
  • What are you? A dictionary?
  • edited September 2011
    Could someone please make a 15 600 minute version of Discord shufflin'?
    I'm on it.
    Holy shit. This is going to be 51GB?! I gotta adjust these settings...
    EDIT: okay... with the video at 1280x720@2000kbps it comes out to a little over 8GB.
    EDIT2: What the? Why is the music track only 8:13:32 long? I made that track to be 10 hours precisely!
    EDIT3: What do you mean Windows Movie Maker can't handle music longer than that?
    EDIT4: PREMIER ELEMENTS 9 Y U SO SLOW?!
    EDIT5: Fuck it. I'm going back to WLMM and this video is gonna be 496 Minutes long.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • It's the small things like this...
    ... that make good shows, great.
    Dumb Fabric Meet Dumb Rock.
  • edited September 2011
    And no one immediately thought the Striders from Half Life 2 with the long legged rabbits?

All right, Nerd cards, give them back.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
    I'm on it.
    EDIT: okay... with the video at 1280x720@2000kbps it comes out to a little over 8GB.
    EDIT2: What the? Why is the music track only 8:13:32 long? I made that track to be 10 hours precisely!
    EDIT3: What do you mean Windows Movie Maker can't handle music longer than that?
    EDIT5: Fuck it. I'm going back to WLMM and this video is gonna be 496 Minutes long.
    Alright, the total length is going to be 8 hours, 13 minutes, and 32 seconds (the max upper limit of a single audio track in Windows Live Movie Maker). It will be encoded with the following settings:
    Video: 1280x720@30fps/2000kbps
    Audio: 128kbps
    15.22mb Per Minute = Approx. 7.35GB

Gonna close everything else, set the priority to High, turn on the A/C, and go to sleep. THEN I set it to upload in the morning and hope my wifi doesn't drop.

Goodnight, interwebs.
  • Incidentally, around 50% of the posts on the FRCF in the last 24 hours have been in this thread.
    I'm on it.
    Alright, the total length is going to be 8 hours, 13 minutes, and 32 seconds (the max upper limit of a single audio track in Windows Live Movie Maker). It will be encoded with the following settings:
    Video: 1280x720@30fps/2000kbps
    Audio: 128kbps
    15.22mb Per Minute = Approx. 7.35GB

Gonna close everything else, set the priority to High, turn on the A/C, and go to sleep. THEN I set it to upload in the morning and hope my wifi doesn't drop.

Goodnight, interwebs.
    I think you now understand why I'm building a new computer.
  • edited September 2011
    Princess Celestia is the Dungeon Master, Discord is Venger.

Think about it.

Then don't think about the parental implications of that statement, sorry about that.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • I think you now understand why I'm building a new computer.
    To upload 10 hour long My Little Pony -videos?
  • Can't you set youtube to simply loop the video?
  • As for the Elements of Harmony, it was established at the start of Season 1 that the most important part of them was within the mane six themselves, right?

Discord said "find the elements back where you began", which is probably going to mean they're going to rediscover the elements within themselves, reversing Discord's corruption.
  • As for the Elements of Harmony, it was established at the start of Season 1 that the most important part of them was within the mane six themselves, right?

Discord said "find the elements back where you began", which is probably going to mean they're going to rediscover the elements within themselves, reversing Discord's corruption.
    Ayup. Didn't Luna destroy the original elements? And if I'm remembering correctly they were never "extracted" from the ponies. Why would the elements be in a box in Canterlot? In my mind they are still residing inside each of the ponies and Twilight will use her friendship to spark the elements into resurfacing and reversing the spell. I think we'll see tests of friendship that directly mimic how the ponies displayed their characteristics in season 1 episode 2. (TS having to catch AJ from falling off a cliff, laughing at trees with PP, etc.)
  • Rym's favorite. Ponies "On the Go"
  • Just make a 20kb flash file that loops. This shit is why YTMND exists, y'know...
  • Just make a 20kb flash file that loops. This shit is why YTMND exists, y'know...
    Just searched for pony on YTMND. Hardly any FiM. WTF!

Ayup. Didn't Luna destroy the original elements? And if I'm remembering correctly they were never "extracted" from the ponies. Why would the elements be in a box in Canterlot?
    Yeah they were. They came out and turned into pony accessories after the battle with Nightmare Moon. Everybody had necklaces except Twilight Sparkle, who had a tiara. Celestia probably had to rip that bling away from Rarity and then lock it up so she wouldn't try to get it back!
    Just searched for pony on YTMND. Hardly any FiM. WTF!
    I know when I'm looking for up to date memes, I go to YTMND.

Also, some parts of the internets really hate the ponies. I don't know if they still do, but Something Awful forums had a Pony Moratorium for a long time.
  • edited September 2011
    Can't you set youtube to simply loop the video?
    You know, I tried doing that before but I couldn't figure it out. And the youtube help section wasn't.

Anyway, after 9 hours of encoding, it was only up to 22%. I say fuck it. I'm gonna cut it to an hour. Once I build my new machine, then I'll set it to tackle 8 hours.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I'm going to repost this from Google+, it's the result of a desire to see John de Lancie literally steal the show as Discord.

The sky: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the balloon-ship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to seek out new life and new civilizations, to explore strange new lands, and to go boldly where no pony has gone before.
  • edited September 2011
    As for the Elements of Harmony, it was established at the start of Season 1 that the most important part of them was within the mane six themselves, right?

Ayup. Didn't Luna destroy the original elements? And if I'm remembering correctly they were never "extracted" from the ponies. Why would the elements be in a box in Canterlot?
    Yeah they were. They came out and turned into pony accessories after the battle with Nightmare Moon. Everybody had necklaces except Twilight Sparkle, who had a tiara. Celestia probably had to rip that bling away from Rarity and then lock it up so she wouldn't try to get it back!
    True, they do appear, but we never see what happened to them. And before the episode ends, before Pinkie can even finish her sentence, they've disappeared again. It makes sense that they were collected and stored but we don't know that that is the case.

On a side note, the necklaces and tiara were created from the shards of the elements of magic themselves reacting to the nature of the ponies and not from within the ponies. I wonder how this will play out in the end (or if at all).
    Post edited by FarliamentPunkadelic on

• The last of the pilots. We're working on the "real" show today.
  • They drew Twi with her horn during Applejacks LSD apple fueled vision, but the other ponies didn't have their taken things returned (RD and Flutter still lacked their wings, Rarity didn't have her horn).
  • You know, I don't see videos of you guys that often, but it's kind of funny how Scott's stubblehead contrasts sharply with Rym's floorsweeper of an outgrowth. Doesn't the hair get in the way?

• Water squirrels?
  • edited September 2011
    When was this (RFE Pilot 3) recorded? I want to know if a potential criticism is valid or not.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • When was this (RFE Pilot 3) recorded? I want to know if a potential criticism is valid or not.
    Early in season 1. In fact, it was the first one we recorded.