This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• When was this (RFE Pilot 3) recorded? I want to know if a potential criticism is valid or not.
    Early in season 1. In fact, it was the first one we recorded.
    Alright. So, well before the How We Got Our Cutie Marks episode aired, let alone the Buffalos episode.
  • edited September 2011
    Pegasus + unicorn = Alicorn.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Pegasus + unicorn = Alicorn.
    Fail. This is a unicorn+ pegasus.
    D'oh.
  • Okay, so the first time I rendered this video, I accidentally did it in 4:3 instead of 16:9. The 16:9 one is still rendering, but here is this for now.
  • This is an equivalent to Nyan Cat for me.
  • That part is the only good part of the song. It gets stuck in my head and has been since those parties last night! Argh!

On the season two opener, it was everything I wanted in that episode. Discord even did the Q snap! That really hit my TNG loving heart!
  • Okay, so the first time I rendered this video, I accidentally did it in 4:3 instead of 16:9. The 16:9 one is still rendering, but here is this for now.

Just finished watching... I didn't think I could spend an hour on something like that.

... wow...
  • The 16:9 version is uploading now. Prepare yourselves for a sold hour of widescreen draconokis dancing!
  • Huh..based on the season 2 opener, Celestia mentions how she and luna first discovered Discord when they came to equestria, and how he was making things shitty for earth, pegasi and unicorns. I was leaning towards Rym's theory of outside blood mingling with the pony population, but it seems that scott's theory of three distinct races from the start holds more water now.
  • Q.... My god....

Well late to the party as usual, I loved the season premiere and Discord is now my now my new favorite character next to Twilight and Spike.

Also, love the shufflin' vid, Sonic.
  • draconokis
    draconequus, as in horse
  • NOW IN GLORIOUS WIDESCREEN FORMAT!
  • edited September 2011
    draconokis
    draconequus, as in horse
    Well, it's spelled as "dragonokis" here on the Hub's website, but draconequus makes the most sense.

Also, it seems there's a pretty good quality 1080p download of the episode on Pony Archive now. They also have a full torrent of Season 1 in 1080p.

I don't know how good their 1080p files are, but they could well be the most definitive versions currently available.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • NOW IN GLORIOUS WIDESCREEN FORMAT!

I am now 2 minutes into your glorious product!
    Heheheheh. I'm a little surprised no one let him know what he was getting in to.
  • edited September 2011

• edited September 2011
    Also, it seems there's a pretty good quality 1080p download of the episode on Pony Archive now. They also have a full torrent of Season 1 in 1080p.

I don't know how good their 1080p files are, but they could well be the most definitive versions currently available.
    Well, I downloaded the 1080p version of S2E1 and it is indeed rather solid quality. If you want a download of the episode, it's the one to get, unless 700MB is too big. The "hub" watermarks are still present, though.
  • Heheheheh. I'm a little surprised no one let him know what he was getting in to.
    Oh mans! I look forward to his future comments on Pony Fandom.
  • Well, I downloaded the 1080p version of S2E1 and it is indeed rather solid quality. If you want a download of the episode, it's the one to get, unless 700MB is too big. The "hub" watermarks are still present, though.
    For me it's not the size of the file that is problematic with 1080p it's the fact that my laptop thinks that HD should be shown as a slide-show. 720 is the quality for me.

Just caught up with all the episodes including the new one. One question came to mind.

If the ponies are vegetarian why does Fluttershy have a chicken coop? Could she be harboring a deep dark meat-eating secret?
  • Eggs for the bakery.
  • If the ponies are vegetarian why does Fluttershy have a chicken coop? Could she be harboring a deep dark meat-eating secret?
    I'd guess they keep chickens for the eggs. There are after all bakeries like the one Pinkie lives in.
  • edited September 2011
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Healing (or alternatively, the Uber-Yay)

Also, that's no moon:
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • If the ponies are vegetarian why does Fluttershy have a chicken coop? Could she be harboring a deep dark meat-eating secret?
    I'd guess they keep chickens for the eggs. There are after all bakeries like the one Pinkie lives in.
    So... [Doing quick google search on vegetarian diets] if that's true and they do eat eggs (and use milk when baking) that would make them Ovo-Lacto-Vegetarians.

Although my Fluttershy secret meat-eating theory is more fun so I'll stick to that.