This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Spooky face is not original. Even Rarity can go woo-o-oooo. But nopony lies like Apple Jack.
  • I love the lying face. That is now my favorite face.
  • I dunno, Pinkie Pie's "drinking chocolate rain" face is pretty great.
  • Jason showed me this earlier tonight. I found it amusing that it predates MLP:FiM and that Jason showed me it.

Sorry if this was posted already. So many pony videos to go through.
  • my little pony, friendship is magic, brony - Season One Reincarnated
    see more
    Ah, that's a lot more clever than I thought was going on (Was some half drummed up Satan analogy)
  • But nopony lies like Apple Jack.
    You've apparently never seen a young kid tell a lie.
  • Friend commissioned a ponies/Commissar Cain crossover.

• I never liked dog fort, but pony fort is pretty awesome.
  • Was Rainbow Dash's betrayal really all that much of a betrayal? It seems like her turnaround was pretty mild compared to those of the other ponies.
  • Was Rainbow Dash's betrayal really all that much of a betrayal? It seems like her turnaround was pretty mild compared to those of the other ponies.
    But hers was the one that made them lose the game. Also, none of them are really betrayers. They didn't do any of this of their own free will. They did it because a spell was cast on them by an evil wizard.
  • edited September 2011
    Well, Rarity showed some ability to resist even after the spell was cast.

As for the "game", was it ever possible for them to win, considering it was all under Discord's control to begin with? As far as I could tell it was just Discord messing with them.

Nonetheless, the point was that the ponies were turned against the elements they stood for, while Rainbow's choice wasn't really all that disloyal...
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Nonetheless, the point was that the ponies were turned against the elements they stood for, while Rainbow's choice wasn't really all that disloyal...
    She swore vehemently that she would never betray the Princess to discord, and he responded, "We'll see about that." He mind controlled her into expressing a loyalty to her home city deeper than her loyalty to the Princess herself.
  • edited September 2011
    Nonetheless, the point was that the ponies were turned against the elements they stood for, while Rainbow's choice wasn't really all that disloyal...
    She swore vehemently that she would never betray the Princess to discord, and he responded, "We'll see about that." He mind controlled her into expressing a loyalty to her home city deeper than her loyalty to the Princess herself.
    True. I guess Discord had a more specific goal in mind there than with the other ponies. I wonder if Discord even needed the mind control for that one, though.

The thing is, Rainbow Dash's main loyalty is to her friends, not Celestia - I would've expected a more serious betrayal of her friends than just leaving them and losing a (pointless) game.
    Granted, that was just the first half of the two-parter. There could quite easily be a bigger betrayal coming.
  • I think this episode had a better idealization of each pony representing the Elements of Harmony. Because I always thought for the longest time that Rainbow Dash should be Honesty, and Applejack should be Loyalty, specifically because of RD's Personality and episodes like "Applebuck Season." But this kind of put it better, where Dash believed it was important to save Cloudsdale, just because Discord has that level of power. Plus, Honesty can reflect on Naivety which follows with how Applejack was tricked.
  • edited September 2011

• Nonetheless, the point was that the ponies were turned against the elements they stood for, while Rainbow's choice wasn't really all that disloyal...
    True. I guess Discord had a more specific goal in mind there than with the other ponies. I wonder if Discord even needed the mind control for that one, though.

The thing is, Rainbow Dash's main loyalty is to her friends, not Celestia - I would've expected a more serious betrayal of her friends than just leaving them and losing a (pointless) game.
    Granted, that was just the first half of the two-parter. There could quite easily be a bigger betrayal coming.
    I discussed that betrayal with my friends and we concluded that she made the best decision with the information provided to her.
  • I feel I should point out that anypony living in cloudsdale would have to have WINGS, so nopony there would really be in danger if it collapsed.
  • I discussed that betrayal with my friends and we concluded that she made the best decision with the information provided to her.
    Yeah, in contrast to the other ponies' actions (except Twilight anyway).

If we ignore the mind control (otherwise there's no "decision" anyway) then I'd say it's quite likely Discord is just lying about Cloudsdale - but he might not be, while sticking around in the maze didn't seem like it would achieve anything anyway.
  • edited September 2011
    I discussed that betrayal with my friends and we concluded that she made the best decision with the information provided to her.
    Yeah, in contrast to the other ponies' actions (except Twilight anyway).

If we ignore the mind control (otherwise there's no "decision" anyway) then I'd say it's quite likely Discord is just lying about Cloudsdale - but he might not be, while sticking around in the maze didn't seem like it would achieve anything anyway.
    Dude, he made CHOCOLATE RAIN. Never underestimate that kind of power.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited September 2011
    I feel I should point out that anypony living in cloudsdale would have to have WINGS, so nopony there would really be in danger if it collapsed.
    Unless they're hit by bits of crumbling buildings, which was the direct threat shown in the vision. Besides, even if the ponies weren't directly harmed, their livelihoods damned well would be.
    Dude, he made CHOCOLATE RAIN. Never underestimate that kind of power.
    It's not that I doubt he has the power to crumble Cloudsdale; I doubt that he has the motivation to.

However, given the way Discord worded it, it's quite possible that in fact by going to Cloudsdale (choosing to pursue the "wrong choice") Rainbow Dash going to Cloudsdale is going to cause it to crumble. Now that would be awesome. Alternatively, "home" means something other than Cloudsdale in his riddle.
  • edited September 2011
    Discord = Joker + Riddler + Mad Hatter?

Now there's a video idea!
    MLP + various Batman sources (e.g. BTAS, The Dark Knight, etc.)
    Rarity = Batman
    Discord = Joker + Riddler + Mad Hatter
  • I will give my vote to the red party.
  • Derpy/Palin 2012!