This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Has anyone else noticed Twilight has an unfortunate habit of making plans that have absolutely no chance in HIFL in working when she panics (Her Cupcakes moment in S1 and the "let's bum rush Discord" idea)?
  • That is really good.
  • EDIT: Did they seriously have a Star Wars reference at the end? Whaaaaaaa
    If you read Headless's additional comment in the episode thread, apparently Lauren had the rough idea of doing some Star Wars-y shots, then one of the DHX animators worked late one night doing a shot-for-shot storyboard just for fun and they decided to run with it.
  • Anybody got a gif of Fluttershy's hip check?
  • edited September 2011
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Tom Dan needs a mustache.
  • Tom Dan don't need no freakin stache.
  • I think the one thing above all else that makes MLP awesome is the natural dialog. In general I just really like media where characters have realistic dialog.

And that is exactly what makes the new discord episodes so awesome. The ponies have always been sarcastic and made fun of each other, such as Rainbow Dash telling Fluttershy her cheering is feeble, but they could never cross a certain line. Armed with a magical excuse, the ponies were able to really let loose. My favorite part is in the second episode when Twilight starts getting pissed off. Lines like "big crown thingy," "you're the new Rainbow Dash," and "Here comes Tom!" are super great. Even after they are cured Applejack still rips Rarity a good one about Tom. I also liked Rainbow Dash's line "I'm saying here in Cloudsdale where everything is awe-some." Very Scott Pilgrim-like.
  • I laughed out loud when Twilight said Spike was the new Rainbow Dash. I agree, those moments are the funny parts.
  • edited September 2011
    Scott is spot on!
    I lose it every time during the fight in the library. Best PONY ev4r!
    Twilight: "...This is MY BOOK... & I'm gonna READ IT!!!" / "Here comes Tom!"
    Post edited by Casa Vino on

• Twilight: "...This is MY BOOK... & I'm gonna READ IT!!!"
    For some reason that reminded me of this:
  • edited September 2011

Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • edited September 2011
    Sonic, are those your image macros, or are they culled from various forums? I want to post a couple of them on another forum, but I want to make sure I give you proper credit if so.

I lose it every time during the fight in the library. Best PONY ev4r!
    I really, really love sarcastic Twilight, and we only got a few glimpses of it in S1 - "crazy ponies" in the pilot, the fight in Boast Busters with Spike, "Oh ha ha ha ha ha" to Spike after he nicknamed everyone in Bridle Gossip... is there something I'm forgetting? I can see why Tara Strong has a traveling fanbase.

Edit: I was kind of surprised at how quiet this and other forums were after the first two episodes, not having been around since S1, but it seems like everything is really ramping up now.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • Sonic, are those your image macros, or are they culled from various forums? I want to post a couple of them on another forum, but I want to make sure I give you proper credit if so.
    What are you on about? What images?
  • allofyou.avi

• Note his lack of a manly beard.
  • What are you on about? What images?
    Er, I meant Robyn. Somehow that's not what I typed though. Really long day at work.
  • edited September 2011

Post edited by Victor Frost on

• Everyone should watch this. Seriously.
  • edited September 2011
    @Nukester : You were totally ninja'd on that post.
    @Andrew: That video was both hilarious and horrifying...as were the other videos by that same dude.
    @Sonic: Wow. Uh. Wow. Also, I foresee some sort of full pony conversion for TF2. Call me crazy.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • This jpg will be quite useful, quite useful indeed.

• Best PONY ev4r!
    Twilight: "...This is MY BOOK... & I'm gonna READ IT!!!" / "Here comes Tom!"
    Yes, Twilight has the best wit of all of them in my opinion.