This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• edited May 2012
    I dont blame hasbro, and everyone knows Hasbro does not wish to create or enter the whole plushie business, but having to protect their IP and being unable to turn the blind eye when things are officially reported to them (due to a particular action of one DA user or Troll, who was adamant in bringing WhiteDove down), just sucks balls.

At this point, this simply confirms that the haters can simply go around targeting creators and shutting them down, even if they cater to a market or community Hasbro has no intention of going into. The previous pony videos on youtube that got taken down as well was a similar situation. As a creator myself, it worries me a little, and my heart goes out to Whitedove.
    Don't be so sure, hasbro are pretty fucking dirty. Some bloke put up pictures of a yet-to-be-released nerf guns, and not only did hasbro send him a cease and desist(which he complied with), they had people stalking him, hanging around his apartment keeping him under observation, and who were apparently tasked with getting the guns back. He didn't even have any of them, only pictures.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited May 2012
    I think the Youtube takedowns are actually a deliberate effort by someone working for Hasbro. They're getting taken down every few weeks, and I can't imagine trolls still care enough to report videos consistently. Other Hub shows get taken down very aggressively.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • Been there, done that.
  • edited May 2012
    So, Ah, a colourful, happy area where you kill cartoonish unicorns, flowers and the like? It's the level that's been rumored since 2008, and they've made the rainbow unicorn funtime land jokes on-and-off since then. There are even diablo 3 rainbow-and-unicorn shirts that were handed out at blizzcon 2008. It's more likely arisen from the colour controversy, when people found out it wasn't going to be all darkness and grit like their expectations - which is where the logo you see attached to some of these videos comes from, the response to that little dust-up.

While I'm sure y'all can figure out some vague justification it into being an MLP reference like you do with everything else, but so far the only thing I'm seeing to do with it that clearly references MLP is all the bronies going "OH EM GEE AN MLP LEVEL."
    Post edited by Churba on
    How can I deny this man his happiness?
  • edited May 2012
    How can I deny this man his happiness?
    Are you asking for advice, or just a philosophical opinion?

Post edited by Churba on
  • Sir Churba. I was playing that level earlier today and there was a purple unicorn named Midnight Sparkle and another named Evil Dash. MLP references, both.
  • Sir Churba. I was playing that level earlier today and there was a purple unicorn named Midnight Sparkle and another named Evil Dash. MLP references, both.
    Screenshot that business, then, it'll earn you huge Kudos with these people.

• have you seen this cake?
  • That's a lot of fon-dahnt.
  • edited May 2012
    Sir Churba. I was playing that level earlier today and there was a purple unicorn named Midnight Sparkle and another named Evil Dash. MLP references, both.
    I don't game anymore, but I believe data mining also revealed Rainbow Western, Nightmarity and Nightmare is Magic as rare spawn names. The level overall was obviously a response to complaints about Diablo 3 looking too cheerful, but there's an MLP fan on staff somewhere.

Post edited by Nissl on

I'll do my level best. I'm playing in hardcore and the second of screen lag a screenshot may cause could be lethal.

I'll do my level best. I'm playing in hardcore and the second of screen lag a screenshot may cause could be lethal.
    Well, in that case, you'd get my kudos, too. After all, I may not care so much about MLP, but game skills, respect.

• edited May 2012
    #Fireyamaya drew this:

Her style isn't usually my cup of tea, but I like how the "wings" look all swirly and cloud-like.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited May 2012
    An English version of Pinkie's Brew Russian Gypsy Jazz
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • An English version of Pinkie's Brew Russian Gypsy Jazz
    Meh, I'm still gonna upload my english version.

• Hah! It slaps the knee!

So, I just got an email today from Anime Expo. Seems my lecture "Sound is Magic: A look into the sound design of 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic'" has been upgraded from a half hour in the concourse theater (300 seating) to an hour in rooms 502A and 502B. That means its going to be a BIG room. I just hope it fills up sufficiently.

If you're a SoCal Forumite going to Anime Expo this year, come say hi!
    The lecture is on Friday from 6pm-7pm.
  • This is really well done.
  • edited May 2012
    So, Hasbro is confirmed to be selling Derpy toys at Comic Con and the My Little Pony Fair this year. Pretty much cements this as one of the most internet-impacted corporate properties ever. Waiting for Apreche to keep his promise and buy one...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/popcandy/post/2012/05/exclusive-preview-the-2012-special-edition-my-little-pony/1#.T8ZdTOv8tuI
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • So, Hasbro is confirmed to be selling Derpy toys at Comic Con and the My Little Pony Fair this year. Pretty much cements this as one of the most internet-impacted corporate properties ever. Waiting for Apreche to keep his promise and buy one...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/popcandy/post/2012/05/exclusive-preview-the-2012-special-edition-my-little-pony/1#.T8ZdTOv8tuI
    Not worth the trouble of trying to get one, but other companies need to take a lesson.
  • So, Hasbro is confirmed to be selling Derpy toys at Comic Con and the My Little Pony Fair this year. Pretty much cements this as one of the most internet-impacted corporate properties ever. Waiting for Apreche to keep his promise and buy one...

Not worth the trouble of trying to get one, but other companies need to take a lesson.
    I would say buy one anyway, and wait to up-sell it on eBay for ass-loads. You know that thing is going to sell like fucking mad and the amount of money Bronies are already willing to pay?
  • Here is going to be what the next few months hoopla is going to be about:

• I want it. I need it. I really like her mane.