This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• edited May 2012

Post edited by Banta on
  • edited May 2012
    Small tangent, but having played a lot of Kid Icarus: Uprising, I get the feeling that the writers watched a little too much MLP. Palutania and Celestia are, at times, very similar. Both are almost more Forces of Nature that their respective subjects (Twilight and Pit) only barely understand the significance of what they do. Plus, the way they both act.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • I don't entirely agree with all of them, but it's a nice summary:
    I think there is a line between making a reference and using a part of culture. Star Wars? James Bond? References. Ride of the Valkeries? Just part of art culture.

• edited May 2012
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Real promo

• Gabe Newell knows the truth.
  • Looks 'shopped. I can tell from the pixels.
  • http://derpy.me/ is clearly the URL shortener to use nowadays.
    Shouldn't even need to, just modify element in chrome.

• Wow, Gmail looks drastically different without Adblock on.
    It's obvious. I mean, Gabe is nowhere near lame enough to be that mistaken.
    It's obvious. I mean, Gabe is nowhere near lame enough to be that mistaken.
    Yeah, that's a terrible way to spell Pinkie Pie.

• I'm convinced making a symphonic metal cover can make anything sound hardcore.
  • Flapjack is better than ponies ;)
  • Candleja-?
  • Flapjack is better than ponies ;)
    I'll respect your opinion but I think you're an idiot sir.
  • I could never get into Flapjack. It was to Chowder as American Dad is to Family Guy: It's not that bad, but it's just an inferior version of that which came before it.
  • I would make the opposite comparison. But then again I like neither family guy nor american dad.
  • But then again I like neither family guy nor american dad.
    And I respect you more for that. The reason the opposite comparison doesn't work as well is because Chowder came first. A better analogy for that would be Mario 1 and Mario 3, where the former was good but mostly existed so that it could be a prototype for the latter.
  • The part where RD pops up from below gets me every time.
  • My new default thinking image:
  • edited May 2012
    Another small milestone for internet fan culture, as the Lyra toy has been released with the name "Lyra Heartstrings." I believe that may be the first time a fan name has been incorporated by a major company like that. (I'm also happy to see Lulamoon become Trixie Lulamoon.)
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • edited May 2012
  • edited May 2012

• Season 2 is now on Netflix.