This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• Eh, I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling discouraged when something you like takes a downward spiral. That's normal.

But, hey, there's new stuff coming out all the time! We've got Adventure Time. The second season of Legend of Korra should exist ~soon. And there's, uh... mmm...

Did you see Spectacular Spiderman? That was decent. Teen Titans Go is non-awful, maybe.
  • edited May 2013
    But, hey, there's new stuff coming out all the time! We've got Adventure Time. The second season of Legend of Korra should exist ~soon. And there's, uh... mmm...
    Well, Faust and McCracken have a new show coming this fall. And Fox is adding a late night animation block to Saturdays that might provide a platform to launch some more experimental shows. And it's been a pretty good season for anime (i.e. there are multiple shows I'm still watching), and I've been filling in back episodes of Bob's Burgers, which TV critics consider to have had one of the best comedy seasons out there.

But nothing coming out seems to be doing everything that FiM does (was doing?) at its best.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • To be honest, I'm surprised MLP:FIM lasted as long as it did without breaking, given how it's basically just a 22.5 minute commercial for Hasbro's toys. If this was the 80's, it would've probably been run like GI Joe, Transformers, and MLP cartoons of the era in that every season you'd basically never see the core cast members of the previous seasons in order to just sell the new batch of toys. I guess Hasbro finally decided that it's time to sell a whole new batch of toys and had EG done in order to accomplish that goal.
  • He's getting ready.

and.... there it goes...
  • edited May 2013
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Ugh well, while i do understand where that poster is coming from, I still stick by my view that many fans do indeed have the right to be upset. Is it far enough to go on twitter and hate on the show producers themselves, of course not.

I can only regard this with cautious acceptance at best, simply because it is such a deviation from the original intent and setting that I feel that it is well within the right for any one who has been following for 65 episodes now to NOT treat this as the best thing since sliced bread.

It also baffles of course, that they went a route no one expected. A big change like the Twilicorn at least hinted at an injection of freshness, I really do not think it is correct to judge any fan who says they are upset, and not at least a little disappointed of this outcome.

As such, I feel that the poster is conflating two rather separate issues here, there's no hypocrisy, it's just people being upset about something they've spent quite a lot of emotional resource and time in, and other bronies like myself who do spend even greater creative effort in other pony related projects, feel even more so.

However, does that mean I should go about bashing on the show creators and making a huge hoohah nuisance of myself at the expense of others..well, some people do, and give everyone the bad name. I can only sigh a bit wearily at the whole thing.
  • It's been a while since I was in this thread, but now I have something to post.
  • Wow. Them glasses!
    All I can say.
  • Dungeons & Ponies: Next hit RPG?

• edited June 2013
    Am I missing something, or could they just not think of anything for Rarity to do? Even Fluttershy is doing something. It's helpless flailing, but at least she's part of the action.

She could at least be back there with Derpy, engaging in some undisclosed premature looting.

(edit: And by this point in the adventure, shouldn't she be missing her ponytail?)
    Post edited by Xefas on
  • Am I missing something, or could they just not think of anything for Rarity to do? Even Fluttershy is doing something. It's helpless flailing, but at least she's part of the action.

She could at least be back there with Derpy, engaging in some undisclosed premature looting.

(edit: And by this point in the adventure, shouldn't she be missing her ponytail?)
    I can see why you think she should be missing her ponytail since they are at what appears to be the palace of the royal pony sisters. However, they are fighting a dragon on a mountain, so it could be Dragonshy.
  • I can see why you think she should be missing her ponytail since they are at what appears to be the palace of the royal pony sisters. However, they are fighting a dragon on a mountain, so it could be Dragonshy.
    I suppose that's possible.

Nitpicks aside, the character designs are all really cool, and the lasso is a nice touch. They're also clearly not playing D&D, so I like that too.
  • I've always thought Rarity would be an illusionist in a D&D setting.
  • All the spoilers of Equestria Girls

http://imgur.com/a/ACkv1
  • edited June 2013
    Here's an updated one, with more pictures and all of the posts from the leaker included. I'll admit it, the shitstorm /mlp/ is having has been a nice little distraction from the NSA story today.

https://derpiboo.ru/342378
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • edited June 2013
    New trailer confirms that the plot is Twilight needing to become prom queen to get her crown back - god that's terrible - but also has a couple jokes that kinda made me smile. I just... I don't know, man...

Post edited by Nissl on
  • edited June 2013
    "GET THAT CROWN!"
    "Can't we just send a couple of military dudes to get it?"
    "NO YOU'RE A PRINCESS YOU GOTTA GET IT!"
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • If you Google "what is applejack", Google says it's an alcoholic beverage, but the accompanying picture is Applejack.