This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• There is rumor that late nights at PAX's Cat Theater will have some ponies. Not that I would know :)
    That's only because the unicorn theater is PAX West.
  • There is rumor that late nights at PAX's Cat Theater will have some ponies. Not that I would know :)
    I may have been talking to people who may or may not be involved with PAX. They may or may not have indicated that my suggestion of pony-related happenings was unnecessary, or that said people may or may not have already been aware of such a thing.

/Bronies.
    I may have been talking to people who may or may not be involved with PAX. They may or may not have indicated that my suggestion of pony-related happenings was unnecessary, or that said people may or may not have already been aware of such a thing.

/Bronies.

• Fixed that for ya.
  • edited March 2011

Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Goddammit lackofcheese, I had JUST gotten Winter Wrapup out of my head!
  • I was going to start Posting in the SA Thread - but I didn't catch up till the 15th of Feb. Pony Avatars are still going stong on the site fortunately. I also entering the Trackmania Competition over in the let's play sub-forum - with a Rainbow Dash Stickered mini.

on the cutie marks at PAX thing. (yeah that is insane.) what is more insane there already exist MLP:FiM Cosplay out there of Derpy Hooves.

also Equestia Daily has got me reading fan Fictions again. Specifically the story "Stuck" by Lucid because it involves the Captain N style plot which I like. I have an urge to read some of the Doctor Hooves ones as well...but haven't worked up the courage.

Also just watched newest episode - I haven't read Burning wheel so I don't know that way to describe it - but Rarity has CHA 18.
  • RAINBOW DASH? IN MY HAWX?

• Holy fuck there is an actual Pony Gaga in the series.
  • edited March 2011
    I re-watched episode 4 (Applebuck Season) and Twilight teleports 5 times to follow Applejack with no noticeable fatigue. So she can control it, and it isn't difficult.

EDIT: 6 times
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • edited March 2011
    Also, Applejack mishears "I need to talk to you" as "I need to walk to the zoo," so does that mean that they hold some animals in captivity in addition to the ones they take care of in nature?

EDIT: And in the "stubborn as a mule" gag, there was a talking mule. Mules are born sterile, so that means that there must be both donkeys and horses, at least one of whom probably talks, and that they are allowed to procreate with each other. If say horses could talk and donkeys couldn't, would that be their equivalent of bestiality?
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • edited March 2011
    Dog and Pony Show was definitely a new favourite for me. Not only was there Pony Gaga, as Robyn said, but there was sooooo much comedic gold from Spike and Rarity, especially with Spike's imagination and Rarity's tormenting of the Diamond Dogs. Seriously, hats off to Tabitha St. Germain. Rym really had it right about all the little inflections in her voice performance that just make Rarity's character. Just some of the squeals and gasps and whines in her voice had me laughing the hardest I've laughed yet in this show.

Also, the moral of this episode was "Just because someone is all girly and shit doesn't mean they can't make you their bitch." BEST. MORAL.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Seriously? Was the goal of this episode to teach young girls that acting like a bitch will get them their way? Then again that is a fact...
  • Dog and Pony Show was definitely a new favourite for me. Not only was there Pony Gaga, as Robyn said, but there was sooooo much comedic gold from Spike and Rarity, especially with Spike's imagination and Rarity's tormenting of the Diamond Dogs. Seriously, hats off to Tabitha St. Germain. Rym really had it right about all the little inflections in her voice performance that just make Rarity's character. Just some of the squeals and gasps and whines in her voice had me laughing the hardest I've laughed yet in this show.

Also, the moral of this episode was "Just because someone is all girly and shit doesn't mean they can't make you their bitch." BEST. MORAL.
    That was the only thing I didn't like. That moral was BEYOND tacked on.

But I loved the episode too, particularly because of Rarity handling herself and her voice actress having all those funny inflections during her rants. Like when she moved from complaining to whining. The diamond dogs kind of came off as scary dudes, so I'm glad Rarity could really be intimidating. That and those imagination moments. I was laughing when the group was thinking about Rarity in a dirty dungeon, and she'd just frighten herself to get more and more dirty. Or how Spike would picture himself as a combination of Dirk the Daring and Bruce Campbell.
  • This seems relevant to a previous discuss point.
  • That was the only thing I didn't like. That moral was BEYOND tacked on.
    To clarify, I found the fact that it was completely tacked on all the more amusing. It looked to me like the team just put together what they thought would be a kickass episode, realized by the end that they didn't have the requisite moral the studio wanted, and were like

"There. There's your moral. Done."
  • edited March 2011
    Great episode, and Rarity gets major points - though she's still a racist.
    Also, what was the little tune after the point where Spike screamed "NOOOOO"? It sounded like a Monkey Island tune to me, but I might be wrong, or Monkey Island might not be the original source.
  • "There. There's your moral. Done."
    What kind of moral would "Bankrupt" be? Something about living within your means or the buraucracy of the modern United States bankrupcy courts. Cause that's a little heavy/boring for a kids show.
  • Also, what was the little tune after the point where Spike screamed "NOOOOO"? It sounded like a Monkey Island tune to me, but I might be wrong, or Monkey Island might not be the original source.
    To clarify, it's the music right at the start of this:

did anyone see this "strip" get "Make-a'd" at PAX? Are Gabe and Tycho of the one true faith or were they pandering?
  • Linkigi said he got them to put in the pony.
  • Pandering. They have no idea.

Hope that we have planted a seed.
  • edited March 2011
  • Oh wow that is so fucking nerdy it hurts.
  • That is fucking awesome.
  • edited March 2011
    Regular Show > all.

Really guys? My Little Pony? This is like a troll on the entire geek subculture. 4chan is in love. Anime fans are in love. What the fuck?
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • A Gabe Pegasus, holy awesome.
  • I think my favorite part of "Dog and Pony Show" was when Spike grabs the reins the dogs put on twilight, rips a stalagmite off the roof, and goes "Yah Twilight!"
    Then she give him this look and he says "Please, Twilight, just give me this."