This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• It's not the flavor, baby. It upsets my stomach and makes me nauseous. :( Just be aware that if you make them, I will probably not be eating them. I am sure that you will have plenty of consumers this weekend though.
  • Coca-Cola Cornmeal Quickbread? I'll do it for science.
  • It's not the flavor, baby. It upsets my stomach and makes me nauseous. :( Just be aware that if you make them, I will probably not be eating them. I am sure that you will have plenty of consumers this weekend though.
    Wouldn't that just be the carbonation, which would disappear in the process of making the cupcakes?
    Wouldn't that just be the carbonation, which would disappear in the process of making the cupcakes?
    Carbonation does leave through baking processes. That's why some breads and pizza doughs use seltzer. It either makes them more crisp or yeasty (Soda Bread)
  • It upsets my stomach and makes me nauseous.
    Seriously, it won't be any different than mixing baking soda and vinegar in a cupcake recipe.

You remember those chocolate cheesecake cupcakes? Baking soda and vinegar were the leavening agents.

Trust me babe. I'm a wizard. The only possible thing that could trouble you is carbonation, which is what upsets your stomach. All the other ingredients are found in other places.
    Pick different potato chips, different kinds of soda, and do it.
    No need to. Lay's chips give me starch, oil, and salt in the exact correct proportions that I need. Coca-cola has a slight bite and a caramel taste that will add a subtle background to the cake.

The only modifications I would make would be to add baking soda, baking powder, probably an extra egg, 1/4 teaspoon of xantham gum, and some cocoa powder.
  • But I don't have a problem with Root Beer. Can your SCIENCE explain that?
    Yes.
    Yes.
    My point was that it's carbonated. And then an Avatar joke.

Pete, I'm not saying I won't try it. Just don't get your hopes up.
    After we make you try a wide array of carbonated and/or sugary drinks...maybe.
  • Pete, I'm not saying I won't try it. Just don't get your hopes up.
    I'm trying to make muffins from potato chips. Hopes are low, but confidence is high.

The only thing that would make sense is the coca extract. Does Pepsi give you the same problem? Off-brands of cola?
  • Does Pepsi give you the same problem? Off-brands of cola?
    Pretty much all of the colas do. I can handle the clear sodas just fine.
    Hmmm. What do colas actually have in common that's not in clear sodas? Caramel color? Caffeine?
    Then you have a problem with caramel coloring? No, that doesn't make sense, because root beers have caramel coloring added.

That's weird. Still, the entire batch of two dozen will split one cup (8 ounces) of cola between all of them. I highly doubt that a teaspoon of cola will do anything.
  • edited February 2011
    Maybe it's the phosphoric acid? That makes sense for a stomach upset.
    Alternatively, it could be a nocebo effect.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Maybe it's the phosphoric acid? That makes sense for a stomach upset.
    I thought non-colas had phosphoric acid, but maybe that's actually citric acid.
  • I've got the song from that epic MLP:FIM music video stuck in my head. Watching it didn't relieve the pressure...
  • Watching it didn't relieve the pressure...
    Watch it more.
  • I've got the song from that epic MLP:FIM music video stuck in my head. Watching it didn't relieve the pressure...
    I managed to call my friend Amy after that video. I then explained what I had done and regretted it immediately.
  • I just got the "Personal Jesus" cover by Johny Cash in my head.
    I just got the "Personal Jesus" cover by Johny Cash in my head.
    :(
  • I like the fact that in the world the ponies control the weather and seasons. They create it. Whoa.
  • I don't, but I think I'll watch it again anyway.
  • edited February 2011
    I like the fact that in the world the ponies control the weather and seasons. They create it. Whoa.
    Does this mean that all these ponies have actually crossed that existential boundry that allows them to both realize the fact that they create reality and conciously bend it? My Little Pony Friendship is Magic is really starring a race of Nietzscheien Uberponys?
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Does this mean that all these ponies have actually crossed that existential boundry that allows them to both realize the fact that they create reality and conciously bend it? My Little Pony Friendship is Magic is really starring a race of Nietzscheien Uberponys?
    Well, the princess makes the sun go up and down. So they are the gods and the angels, but they actually live in the world they control instead of just watching humans live on it. I guess the animal folk are the humans?
  • Well, I've watched two episodes now.
    <3 Rainbow Dash
  • edited February 2011
    @ Pete, weren't you the one who just a few hours ago said that enjoyment of My Little Ponies shouldn't carry a social stigma for men? :P
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • @ Pete, weren't you the one who just a few hours ago said that enjoyment of My Little Ponies shouldn't carry a social stigma for men? :P
    I was wrong.

Also, Pinkie Pie is my second favorite.
  • Also, Pinkie Pie is my second favorite.
    She gets points for her song about the Zebra.