This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Cell coverage is fine everywhere I've been (central Florida), but wireless can be a bit spotty. I only notice that when I visit the parents and they live well in the sticks. They also have the best price for what I use: $30 for 100 minutes (use VoIP instead), unlimited SMS and data.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • They also have the best price for what I use: $30 for 100 minutes (use VoIP instead), unlimited SMS and data.
    How do you actually buy that plan? I can't fathom their website.
  • Here is the relevant page. Bear in mind that it's only applicable for "New activations only. Available exclusively in-store at Walmart, on Walmart.com, and T-Mobile.com.", so you'll need a fresh phone or SIM card. It's also a non-contract monthly plan.
  • Swans are viscious bastards, They bite. I remember when one chased my little brother across the yard hissing. That was hilarious. Then the fucker bit me when I went to scare it away from him. That was less hilarious but still pretty funny.

Come to think of it pretty much all birds are assholes.
    A swan killed a man last fall in Newcastle, IIRC. Husband and father, two kids.

Fuck swans.
  • edited November 2012
    Such is the legacy of the dinosaurs.
    Tasty, but oh so angry.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • What was the hardest thing about watching that school bus crash?

My dick.
  • I meant to put that in the random comments thread but this works too.

anyone know where I can get some Woodchuck Cider?
  • Anyone know where I can get some Woodchuck Cider?
    Try anywhere.
  • Anyone know where I can get some Woodchuck Cider?
    Try anywhere.
    I get them in 12 bottle variety packs at Ralph's. Four Flavors, three bottles each, it is The Official Cider of Friday Night Party Line.

• I meant to put that in the random comments thread but this works too.

anyone know where I can get some Woodchuck Cider?
    Walmart?

• The internet connection on my computer, and just my computer, not the other ones on my network, keeps cutting out, and I have to disable and enable the connection to get it back. It usually lasts about a minute or less. What do?
  • anyone know where I can get some Woodchuck Cider?
    There's an indefinite shortage - they had to put the horse down.

• anyone know where I can get some Woodchuck Cider?
    There's an indefinite shortage - they had to put the horse down.

Now is that a euphemism or did they literally have to shoot a horse?
  • I'm saying that Woodchuck is horse piss.
  • I'm saying that Woodchuck is horse piss.
    Oh. That makes a lot more sense than any of I explanations I thought of.
  • What is "typical use" use with a condom and why does it have a nearly 20% failure rate? (ie knocked her up)
  • I'm guessing that's "typical" use as contrast to "proper" use, otherwise I don't see how the failure rate would be that high.
  • edited November 2012
    It's contrasted with "perfect" use, which means you 1) follow the instructions for using the condom to the letter, 2) use them every single time your penis enters a vagina, and 3) don't attempt to re-use a condom that has either been used or applied incorrectly.

You should be wearing a condom from the start of foreplay, technically.

Both "typical" and "perfect" use refer to your overall pattern of behavior over a year. The crux of it is that "typical" condom use means that you either don't always use one when you should, or you use it wrong. The 20% failure rate in that scenario is because they're not being used properly.

Failure rate with "perfect" use is ~2%, and that's the mechanical failure rate.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Yeah, I basically haven't found a good definition of "typical use". Well other than "I'm clout and really can't use a condom".
  • edited November 2012
    I figured the 20% was the mechanical failure rate, given they average out the speed and force of thrusting as compared to how guys might actually thrust, but that's good to know.

Edit: and doesn't that set a bad precedent if they apply high school grading to condom failure? If a guy says the condom failed and resulted in a pregnancy, and he hasn't worn a condom, what does that say?
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • Yeah, I basically haven't found a good definition of "typical use". Well other than "I'm clout and really can't use a condom".
    There isn't one in particular - it's an amalgamated statistic encompassing numerous non-perfect uses.

• So wait, if I have this right then stupidity is increasing the chance of pregnancy 1000%?
  • edited November 2012
    Strictly speaking it would be 900%, but that sounds about right.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I think George is subtly trying to ask the internet how to use a condom. Now I'm going to get him a condom and banana as a secret santa gift.
  • I think George is subtly trying to ask the internet how to use a condom. Now I'm going to get him a condom and banana as a secret santa gift.
    Nah don't get him a banana, get him a dildo.
  • Sweet, free banana.
  • Sweet, free banana. dildo.
    I like Jack's idea.

• No...don't...stop...
  • edited November 2012
    Sweet, free banana. dildo.
    I like Jack's idea.

And so the great Jack-SquadronROE War of 2012 was ended with the Treaty of Random Questions.

EDIT: thanks, Cheese.

Post edited by Greg on