This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Why, pray tell, did you put your head in a machine?
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • There's an eye exam in my state using some really old janky looking physical equipment. I probably wasn't totally clear, and I probably shouldn't have been doing this stuff while on medication for my cold as well... but now I'm thinking about getting my companies vision insurance just in case.
  • edited November 2012
    Why, pray tell, did you put your head in a machine?
    Perhaps in an attempt at this:
    Note: probably not a good way to get a driver's license renewed.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I wish. I'm ~60% certain the problem was that I used the device wrong and still passed the test in spite of that. But 40% is a lot of possible fuckery, so I'm going to get a proper eye exam.
  • Machinehead don't need no driver's license. He is the car.
  • edited November 2012
    What do you call that thing you pull up on on a tub faucet to make the shower come on? Mine is leaking and sometimes has trouble pressurizing the shower so I want to fix it, but I can't fathom the name to look up what to do.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • What do you call that thing you pull up on on a tub faucet to make the shower come on? Mine is leaking and sometimes has trouble pressurizing the shower so I want to fix it, but I can't fathom the name to look up what to do.
    It's called a lemon party.

• My percentages are now up to 99% that my eyes are fine. My fuckery was all me and the DMV lady being non-helpful.
  • It's a stopcock.
  • It's a stopcock.
    I know this is probably true, but it could also so easily be a shock site which makes it doubley hilarious.
  • Thinking of investing in some new work boots, any suggestions? My only requirement is that they're slip resistant.
  • edited December 2012
    Dad says I need to add more things to my wishlist for Christmas. Bourgeois extended family doesn't know what I like. He says I need to add things over $50 and under $500. Unfortunately (most first world of the problems) I already have all the things I want in that price range. I'm adding things that I remember people recommending to me, but not with much discretion, so I want the Forum to proof-read it for stupid things I shouldn't be asking for:

--Sailor Moon Complete Uncut (b/c it's Ikuhara, that's why)
    --Gunbuster II Complete (b/c it's Enokido, that's why)
    --G-Gundam (first and second collections)
    --Captain Harlock Compete Series
    --Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer
    --Slayers Box Set
    --Black Lagoon Complete Set
    --Steins; Gate Complete Series (which is sold in two parts, making it not complete, a pet peeve of mine in the anime industry)
    EDIT: just saw Bodacious Space Pirates and added that.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • Cold steel voyager (medium or large) is $25+$5 shipping right now on Woot. Knife people, buy or not buy?
  • Is Real Absinthe, with thujone and everything, legal for sale in the US?
  • edited December 2012
    Is Real Absinthe, with thujone and everything, legal for sale in the US?
    Yes, absolutely. Also, it doesn't actually make you hallucinate. At all.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Is Real Absinthe, with thujone and everything, legal for sale in the US?
    And it tastes really bad, even after all the ritual sugar adding.
  • edited December 2012
    Is Real Absinthe, with thujone and everything, legal for sale in the US?
    And it tastes really bad, even after all the ritual sugar adding.
    Well, only the shit absinthe. If you don't like the taste of anise, then you and absinthe are not going to be good friends. I'm not big on it myself, so learning about absinthes was a bit of a pain.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Okay, follow-up, would a $60 bottle be considered "shit?"
  • As with most things, price isn't necessarily an indication of quality, just brand.
  • As with most things, price isn't necessarily an indication of quality, just brand.
    Dead on. I'd advise looking around online for some recommended brands and reviews.
  • G-Gundam is awesome and here is why!
  • Okay, follow-up, would a $60 bottle be considered "shit?"
    Get Kubler absinthe. That's the Thujone-containing absinthe you want. Swiss made for over a century, IIRC.

Also, Absinthe doesn't make you hallucinate, but it is a great way to get way too drunk, way too fast. Be careful.
  • So I've heard. I'd already heard the thujone wasn't enough to hallucinate, it was the alcohol poisoning.
  • Also, Absinthe doesn't make you hallucinate, but it is a great way to get way too drunk, way too fast. Be careful.
    Very, very true. I put it up there with gin, for different reasons, for being able to get you drunk before you know it.
  • One time I drank a half-pint of absinthe mixed with a half-pint of Red Bull. That was an amazing night, but the second-worse hangover in the history of alcohol. I described it as "being hit by a comet." Also, I tried to nap the next day, but my heartbeat kept me awake for two hours.
  • Yeah... my worst hangover had more to do with red bull than alcohol. I sat in a bath tub listening to my heartbeat for hours on end just sort of measuring my condition and generally having a shitty time.
  • My worse was when I took those Chaser pills to prevent a hangover, just to see if they worked. It seemed like I had that hangover for a week. That could have also been the gallon of Mr. Boston vodka though, so I am not sure how much those pills contributed. Outside that I have never had a hangover.
  • I think the worst I've had might have had something to do with caffeine. At least I'm pretty sure I took a caffeine pill this one night that I basically just drank lots of random shit. That's really never good since it makes it harder to count how much you've actually had. Its also not good to start out drinking weak stuff and then end the night by finishing a pint of Popov. Also Four Loko, just in general. Don't.
  • Am I the only one that enjoyed the Lord of the Rings movies, but has completely no interest in the Hobbit movies?
  • Am I the only one that enjoyed the Lord of the Rings movies, but has completely no interest in the Hobbit movies?
    Yes.