This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• Am I the only one that enjoyed the Lord of the Rings movies, but has completely no interest in the Hobbit movies?
    I enjoyed the first two (2nd less than the first), and have no interest in the Hobbit. Does that count?
  • Am I the only one that enjoyed the Lord of the Rings movies, but has completely no interest in the Hobbit movies?
    Am I the only one that enjoyed the Lord of the Rings movies, but has completely no interest in the Hobbit movies?
    I enjoyed the first two (2nd less than the first), and have no interest in the Hobbit. Does that count?
    No, because the two of you are obviously the same person.

• I'm really not sure I want to give Peter Jackson any more chances.
  • The only thing that mildly interests me is watching a movie in 48fps and decide for myself if I like the result or not.
  • The only thing that mildly interests me is watching a movie in 48fps and decide for myself if I like the result or not.
    I forgot about that...hmmmmmmmmmm
  • While I like that it is three films worth of content I do not like waiting three years to see it all.
  • Good point. I might wait for the third movie release and watch a triple bill.

Also, it isn't a three year wait, but three movies equally spaced over two years.
  • It will be at least 3 years for the complete box set ;)
  • I just reread The Hobbit, and now I'm interested in the movies. It's way more lighthearted than The Lord of the Rings.
  • I just reread The Hobbit, and now I'm interested in the movies. It's way more lighthearted than The Lord of the Rings.
    This reason is primarily why I preferred The Hobbit over LOtR.

• edited December 2012
    I think the worst I've had might have had something to do with caffeine. At least I'm pretty sure I took a caffeine pill this one night that I basically just drank lots of random shit. That's really never good since it makes it harder to count how much you've actually had. Its also not good to start out drinking weak stuff and then end the night by finishing a pint of Popov. Also Four Loko, just in general. Don't.
    Four Loko has gotten rid of the caffeine because a bunch of people drank too much of it and died. Now it's just a shitty drink.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I think the worst I've had might have had something to do with caffeine. At least I'm pretty sure I took a caffeine pill this one night that I basically just drank lots of random shit. That's really never good since it makes it harder to count how much you've actually had. Its also not good to start out drinking weak stuff and then end the night by finishing a pint of Popov. Also Four Loko, just in general. Don't.
    Four Loko has gotten rid of the caffeine because a bunch of people drank too much of it and died. Now it's just a shitty drink.
    Some people drink something and die. Popularity skyrockets and lots of people now really want to drink it.

I should sell bleach in a soda bottle.
  • Popularity declined, because they got rid of the only reason to get four loko. It is now just a disgusting drink without caffeine instead of a disgusting drink with caffeine.
    This reason is primarily why I preferred The Hobbit over LOtR.
    I preferred it because it was shorter. It's why I'm not going to see the movies. I don't need THAT much high fantasy.
  • Would you pay $5/extra a person to hear an audio guide narrated by Indiana Jones on a King Tut exhibit? It's normally $20 without audio with my membership.
  • There are some audio guides that aren't worth it, but many that are. It's hard to know in advance!

The Intrepid Museum in New York has a totally-worth-it audio guide.
  • I read a few reviews on Ticketmaster.com. Most are good. $10 isn't a big deal. I will probably go for it.
  • The worst thing is missing something cool because you don't have the guide. Splash out!
  • Is the Nexus 7 any good? I might be looking for a tablet and would rather piss on Steve Jobs' grave than buy an iPad.
  • You should get an iPad.
    I'd rather gouge out my eyes, rip off my penis, and skullfuck myself than buy an iPad.
  • edited December 2012
    You should get an iPad.
    I'd rather gouge out my eyes, rip off my penis, and skullfuck myself than buy an iPad.
    But how do you really feel?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
    But how do you really feel?
    Those fuckers are expensive. I'd like something cheaper.
  • You could get the iPad mini.
  • edited December 2012
    Still not cheap enough.

Edit: I'll specify. I need something that's no more than $300.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • What about an iPod touch? It's like an iPad, but it's small like an iPod.
  • Nexus 7 is solid, but the Android tablet app selection isn't so hot. If you want it for Web browsing and reading and such, it's great for that.
  • What about an iPod touch? It's like an iPad, but it's small like an iPod.
    iPad nano
  • Yeah get that.
  • I'll figure something out. Big selection of Android tablets that are nice and in my price range.