This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• Then you need to license the dog itself
    Curses, foiled again.
    Or just ignore copyright and print it at a staples or something.
  • Unlimited plan so I don't even pay attention on numbers.
    I've got a 3g card for my entire house (it's the only reasomable option we have). Luckily, we're on an unlimited plan from when Verizon (Alltel) still offered it on usb cards. I asked tech support what our monthly usage usually is: over 25 gigs.
  • I really want to get a 3g card because here at home we still have dialup, but I don't know if we could get by on just 5 gigs a month.
  • For those with smartphones, how much data do you guys go through in a month? What do you consider normal? At first I was using 2GB, then 4GB. This last month I went through 6GB, and I've recently discovered the NPR app for me to listen to more news. I'm so happy I have an unlimited plan.
    I use 200-300MB on my BB, I don't use it for media a lot so that maybe skewed.

I have noticed that my sister, who's on my account, uses 2GBs every month with out fail on her droid. I don't understand this because I use my BB constantly and she uses hers for messaging and light internet usage. Maybe the compression that BB uses really does have that great of an effect on it or I just don't listen to music with my phone as often as she does?

My experience alone with this is enough to make me think that if I'm forced into a tiered plan I'm going to stick with a BB.
  • I'm on DoD property
    You got to have your own smartphone on the property? I couldn't have one at all because we're still in the cold war (name a smartphone without a camera besides BB), and also because it was considered personal electronics (like bringing in your personal laptop). They couldn't be brought in past the public areas (like the cafeteria).

I'm glad I quit that job, talk about making everything harder than it needs to be. My celebration was buying a smartphone :)
  • Well the VA is leasing the property own by the DoD. My building borders a forest area that is used by the military for practice drills and what not. So technically it's ok.
    Pretty soon, only Sprint.
  • Pretty soon, only Sprint.
    While Verizon took away the unlimited data plan, that's for new customers only. Previous customers are grandfathered in, however it may be possible for them to take it away. Who knows?

I do hope that this will push the companies to offer more plans for just Data with minimal minute usage. I'd be down for that.
  • My friend was looking at T-Mo and said they no longer offer unlimited data on the site.

I'm not on a contract, but I still have unlimited thru T-mo.
    Pretty soon, only Sprint.
    That's currently relevant only in USA. I don't have to care anything about AT&T; or T-mobile or whatever else.
  • That's currently relevant only in USA.
    Ah, let's see, how does the typical stereotype for any United Statesian go? Right, like this: "Relevant only in the USA? Son, that means its the only thing relevant! AMERICA!"

I seriously can't wait for patriotism to die in the face of globalization and global communication media that connect the current set of youth. I know I grew up on IRC chans learning all about the UK and other countries. To me borders are bullshit. Imagine that sort of wisdom amongst an entire generation of upcoming world citizens.

I'm just going to continue rambling my Utopian dream in that corner right over there, while covering my ears and screaming loudly.
  • How overdone is "Still Alive?"
    When Sketch Dump ends I want to make a video (like Washington and JFK) of Skeleton (one of my characters) writing a note to me, with the point being that he has to leave because the comic is done, but he'll be "Still Around." Bad idea?
  • edited July 2011
    How overdone is "Still Alive?"
    Completely. Expect groans.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • How overdone is "Still Alive?"
    Completely. Expect groans.
    Oh well. It was all shit-talk anyway. I'll keep it to myself and keep making my Girl Talk road trip video.
  • Is it wrong of me to want a dragonite hug pillow?
  • Is it wrong of me to want a dragonite hug pillow?
    Wrong? No. Weird? Definitely.
  • I just realized that Rainier cherries are a local thing here. I should have realized it from the name.

I'm currently eating some and they are so delicious. For those not in Washington, are you able to procure and nom them?
  • I just realized that Rainier cherries are a local thing here. I should have realized it from the name.

I'm currently eating some and they are so delicious. For those not in Washington, are you able to procure and nom them?
    My parents got some and I had a few last weekend. They were sooooooo good.
  • My parents got some and I had a few last weekend. They were sooooooo good.
    They are on sale right now at Fred Meyer for $3/lb. Decent deal. I bought 2lbs. They are make a decent pairing with Riesling.
  • My parents got some and I had a few last weekend. They were sooooooo good.
    They are on sale right now at Fred Meyer for $3/lb. Decent deal. I bought 2lbs. They are make a decent pairing with Riesling.
    I'll see what my local store offers when I go today.
  • A while back someone posted a wordless flash game about how relationships can help people overcome obstacles; there was a part with a dog that helped you advance past a shadowy wall, and then you were running on rooftops with a friend, and then you were swinging with a girl... anyway, does anyone remember what that game was called, and can you link it to me?
  • For those not in Washington, are you able to procure and nom them?
    We have them here in northern Kentucky.
  • Anybody else having the problem of constantly writing "int he" rather than "in the"? I'm chalking up this deficiency to me being a programmer for a living.
  • In four days I would be a forum member for four years. How long have you been here?
  • In four days I would be a forum member for four years. How long have you been here?
    My four years was about a month ago.
  • A while back someone posted a wordless flash game about how relationships can help people overcome obstacles; there was a part with a dog that helped you advance past a shadowy wall, and then you were running on rooftops with a friend, and then you were swinging with a girl... anyway, does anyone remember what that game was called, and can you link it to me?
    I knew exactly what game you were talking about from the description, it's called "...But That Was [Yesterday]".
    Damn, my 5 years was a couple months ago... >_>
    Coming up on three years next month. Though to be fair, when I joined I did so for about a month then didn't come back for a year, so it's really only two.
    It'll be four years on the 30th. I was gone for awhile, though.