This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• Does anyone know what is going on with Homestuck? I can't tell anymore.
  • Didn't someone just post the other day about doing the same thing in another thread?
    I think he's quoting.
  • Didn't someone just post the other day about doing the same thing in another thread?
    I think he's quoting.
    Ok, well, there is a quote button.
  • edited November 2011
    If you use the quote button and don't put a line between your message and the quote it fails to attribute it.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited November 2011
    6. Find a good tailor and get the suit custom-fitted
    THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP. I see guys everyday wearing ill-fitting suits that they paid a shit ton of money for. Off the rack suits WILL NOT FIT YOU PERFECTLY, and tailoring is really cheap. The thing you want to make sure of when you're buying the suit is the shoulder fit. Sleeves and taper/sides can easily be taken in (and usually let out) afterwards.

Also, if there are any vintage stores in your area, you might want to check them out. A vintage suit will usually be a lot cheaper than a new one, and will probably be better quality. Pre-1980's suits were made to last a lifetime. Cheap suits nowadays, not so much.

EDIT: Also, apparently there's this place, up near Albany. They look inexpensive, but they might be good quality. Plus, you'll pay the same for a cheap off-the-rack suit at some clothing store.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • edited November 2011
    Trying to learn the JIS keyboard layout, mostly for kicks, it's this one:
    Problem is my keyboard is missing the Ro key (Over with backslash) as the backslash is on the far left and for some reason is recognised as a second Mu (The one over with close square brackets.).

Any ideas on what I can do to get it to get it recognized properly?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • So is everyone looking forward to their feeds being clogged up with V for Vendetta quotes tomorrow?
  • So is everyone looking forward to their feeds being clogged up with V for Vendetta quotes tomorrow?
    I'm already doing the clogging.
    I'm already doing the clogging.
    Why.
  • Someone has to.
    So far things are going well. I have yet to see a single Guy Fawkes reference in any of my feeds.
  • edited November 2011
    Ok so I have 4 animoos I have never seen that people talk about. Which should I watch first?
    Lucky Star, Cromartie High School, Azumanga Daioh or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
    Please say which one and why.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • I'll advocate for Cromartie while you watch something else. It has a robot no one knows is a robot, the wussiest gang leader ever, Freddy Mercury, and the best dead pan humor in all of animation.
  • No one should ever call Freddy a wus
  • No one should ever call Freddy a wus
    I think the wussy gang-leader and Freddy Mercury are two different people. (when I say think, I mean know).
  • Anyone know where a fella can get a set of adult "footie" PJs with a butt-flap? (note, its for comfort/to also use in my zombie LARP, there is nothing kinky/baby fetish about it)
  • I could never allow myself to wear such a thing.
  • So I'm going to Washington DC with a large group of Mongolian high school students for 5 days and 4 nights. What games should I pack other than Spot It?
  • So I'm going to Washington DC with a large group of Mongolian high school students for 5 days and 4 nights. What games should I pack other than Spot It?
    Risk.
  • Ok so I have 4 animoos I have never seen that people talk about. Which should I watch first?
    Lucky Star, Cromartie High School, Azumanga Daioh or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
    Please say which one and why.
    Azumanga is a fun, light hearted high-school comedy based on a 4-panel comic. I've actually been thinking about re-watching that. It's entertaining and the episodes are pretty short, if I remember.
  • The episodes are your standard 22-minute length. It's Chromartie that has the half-episodes.
  • edited November 2011
    So I'm going to Washington DC with a large group of Mongolian high school students for 5 days and 4 nights. What games should I pack other than Spot It?
    We didn't Playtest This. Fluxx.

Post edited by Viga on
  • Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Azumanga the Animation as compared to the manga. I think it's a far too inferior adaptation.

But maybe I'm weird.
  • Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Azumanga the Animation as compared to the manga. I think it's a far too inferior adaptation.

But maybe I'm weird.
    Well, you do have Osaka as your avatar.
  • The soundtrack alone makes the animation wonderful. You are very WRONG, sir. =P

Sometimes that soundtrack makes so much sense to moments in my life, especially at work.

But maybe I'm weird.
    Well, you do have Osaka as your avatar.
    The series itself is awesome, I'm just not sure about the anime. Maybe I just need to watch it again. It's been a while, I'm working off of memory.
  • Is it bad that I kind of like being girls' straight gay friend?

But maybe I'm weird.
    You ain't weird at all. I read the whole manga before watching the show, and after all the laughing fits that the manga left me in, the show felt a little slow.