This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Azumanga the Animation as compared to the manga. I think it's a far too inferior adaptation.

But maybe I'm weird.
    You ain't weird at all. I read the whole manga before watching the show, and after all the laughing fits that the manga left me in, the show felt a little slow.
  • where is this image from?
  • Tim and Eric.
  • Is that a question?
  • Is it bad that I kind of like being girls' straight gay friend?
    In my experience, that tends to work out fairly well.

• Visigoths?
    Ostrogoths.

• Does anypony know why the fuck the CMAs are on Network TV? Shouldn't they be on some redneck cable channel? This pony justs wants to watch Modern Family.
  • Does anypony know why the fuck the CMAs are on Network TV? Shouldn't they be on some redneck cable channel? This pony justs wants to watch Modern Family.
    Country music is more popular than you think.

Country music is more popular than you think.

It's true - one of our more popular music festivals, though it pains me slightly to admit it, is the Gympie muster/country music festival.
  • Anybody happen to know where the Japanese "thief bags" (their version of our $ sacks) came from?
  • Is it bad that I kind of like being girls' platonic friend?
    FTFY. Also, nothing wrong with that.
  • Is it weird I want to play a pen and paper RPG in the LARP I play? I think it would be fun to RP as my character RPing as someone else..
  • Is it weird I want to play a pen and paper RPG in the LARP I play? I think it would be fun to RP as my character RPing as someone else..
  • So, in order to show my school's Radio Television Digital News Association how stupid easy and fast it is to make a quality podcast, I made this one in less than three hours. It's called "The Cool Spot" and features four or five creative commons licensed tracks, each episode focusing on a different genre. That three hours included looking through Jamendo for good music, taking a tea break, and making the album art.

What do you guys think?
  • Are ponies on youtube blocked in Japan?
  • Are ponies on youtube blocked in Japan?
    Any free Japanese proxying solution would let you know.
  • Anybody happen to know where the Japanese "thief bags" (their version of our $ sacks) came from?
    I'm guessing they are just a piece of cloth, like a big furoshiki. It's one of those things that people used to carry stuff around in a long time ago, and so it made it's way into old fashioned movies being carried by a thief and became a stereotype. You can see similar bags used to carry possessions by displaced people during the war.
    I'm guessing they are just a piece of cloth, like a big furoshiki. It's one of those things that people used to carry stuff around in a long time ago, and so it made it's way into old fashioned movies being carried by a thief and became a stereotype. You can see similar bags used to carry possessions by displaced people during the war.
    I think he's referring to the design more than the type of bag.
  • Like I said, it looks like a typical dark Japanese cloth pattern.
    I heard about an RPG called "Arabian Nights" or something similar that was essentially that.
    I heard about an RPG called "Arabian Nights" or something similar that was essentially that.
    Two for-sure examples of recursive RPGs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_Park

http://johntynes.com/revland2000/rl_powerkill.html
  • I'm thinking about buying some Sake tomorrow. Any recommended brands/types? I've only had regular, not plum-sake.
  • Why is not Christian rock good? The story of Christ is that of an anti-establishmentalist who was killed by a corrupt system for what he believed in. How is it no one has made a good punk song about that?
  • Because if you can only write songs about your faith, you're probably not creative enough to think of all that.
  • Because if you can only write songs about your faith, you're probably not creative enough to think of all that.
    Why can't people of devout faith be creative? Stephen Colbert is a devout Catholic, and he is hilarious, especially when he discusses his faith. Religion can be a great source of musical inspiration, such as Kurt Davis' early 21st Century symphony "God Says."
  • edited November 2011
    That's not what I said. JS Bach should be enough evidence for anybody that religious inspiration for music does not make it bad. But he wrote secular music too. If I only wrote songs about shoes, that probably wouldn't reflect very well on my creativity either.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Then what did you say, because clearly I'm missing something.
  • Because if you can only write songs about your faith...
  • I still think my point is valid.