This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• edited December 2011
    When the hell will Pottermore open for the public? Is anyone here in on the beta?
    Yo.

Slytherin, bitches!

Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I'm soooo jelly.
  • What is that anyway? Is it some sort of Potter RPG? I would totally join that just to be in Hufflpuff.
  • Quest received: Listen to more than 32 hours of Potions lectures (28 of 32 hours remaining).
  • edited December 2011
    It's just a fancy Harry Potter forum with some extra stuff.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • It's just a fancy Harry Potter forum with sexy time.
  • It's just a fancy Harry Potter forum with sexy time.
    Like this.

• When a document fails to print but also refuses to be removed from the queue, rendering a printer temporally useless, is it Windows' fault for handling printers shitily or the manufacturer's fault for writing bad drivers, or is there actually a good reason why that happens?
  • All of the above.
  • Followup: is there a secret to fixing that without rebooting?
  • Followup: is there a secret to fixing that without rebooting?
    Here is how you do it. I was going to type it all out but I figured I would just post where I learned it when I had the issue.
  • Should I spring for the good silver tequila for margaritas or grab some cheap silver?
  • Can you actually taste the difference? And is the difference by all that much? If not, cheap all the way!
  • edited January 2012
    Well if I wanted to go cheap I'd just grab a mixto but I wanna do these right.

Edit: But yeah, cheaper silver then.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • What is that anyway? Is it some sort of Potter RPG? I would totally join that just to be in Hufflpuff.
    It's kind of weird. Part of it is a companion to the books that gives you a lot more information about the world and characters that were not included in the books (such as Professor McGonagal's story and what each of the different wand materials actually mean). Part of it is games like spell casting and potion making, and part of it is a forum. I'm waiting for it to actually open for everyone before I actually really start using it again.

• Is it bad I'm eating shredded cheese out of hand?
  • Is it bad I'm eating shredded cheese out of hand?
    Just don't let it get out of hand.
  • Is tea a diuretic?
  • Caffeine is.
  • Excellent. Thank you.
  • Is there anything actually useful you can do with a Philosophy degree?
  • Is there anything actually useful you can do with a Philosophy degree?
    Make a small fire for cooking?

• Use it for insulation for hibernating animals.
  • edited January 2012
    Is there anything actually useful you can do with a Philosophy degree?
    Self-fulfillment, becoming a writer, or as a precursor to law school, to name a few.

Post edited by Sail on
  • The CTO at the first job I worked at after graduation from RIT was a philosophy major. When you get one of those liberal arts degrees that seems useless you have plenty of choices of job. You just have to accept that very few of those jobs outside of academia will actually directly relate to your college education.
  • Yep. Mostly it's great for small talk and to teach you how to learn things. Don't worry about the specifics of your degree, just go for the job you want to have.
  • Why would a person read Initial D instead of watching the show? There's no eurobeat in the manga.
  • edited January 2012
    I don't know if I want it as my main degree but I only need like 35 credits of philosophy to get the major and I already have 10 so it wouldn't be much harder to double major if I wanted to.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Unless that job is an academic one. For instance you will be laughed at by any historian if you try to clame that War and Society stacks up.