This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• I have personally had a lot of success on all those points with Rockport walking shoes.
  • I would say get a pair of Toms, although depends of your definition of "dressy." They are pretty casual and kinda funny looking (I call them glorified house shoes), although there are some designer ones with nicer fabric.

Super amazingly comfortable though, slip on easily, don't even need socks, AND... every time you buy a pair, another pair gets donated to needy kids. Please, think of the kids. :-P
  • Loafers.
  • @Creamsteak Thanks for the Rockport suggestion, I will have to look into those.

@Lyddi I have considered getting a pair of Toms, my girlfriend swears by them for walking shoes, but the ones I've seen are not what I'm looking for in an office setting.
  • edited March 2012
    I have personally had a lot of success on all those points with Rockport walking shoes.
    Lyddi, how do you like your Toms for summer? I've been looking for a light weight summer shoe.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I have personally had a lot of success on all those points with Rockport walking shoes.
    Thirded. My pair has lasted me 4 years now and still look dandy. And they survived some serious wear while I was doing Tech Support grunt work.
  • edited March 2012
    I have personally had a lot of success on all those points with Rockport walking shoes.
    Thirded. My pair has lasted me 4 years now and still look dandy. And they survived some serious wear while I was doing Tech Support grunt work.
    I've had mine for about 3 and I must admit I'm starting to wear out the soles. I have done much walking though.
  • I have a pair of Rockports as well, though I haven't worn them frequently enough to make claims about their sturdiness. They're comfortable shoes, though.
  • Honestly, I don't really like shoes and I go bare-foot whenever possible.
  • edited March 2012
    Do women have cuckhold fetishes or is that just a man thing?
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • Do women have cuckhold fetishes or is that just a man think?
    Depends on the woman or the man. I'm sure that some women love the idea of affairs and illicit fooling around, but not all by any means.
    Lyddi, how do you like your Toms for summer? I've been looking for a light weight summer shoe.
    I'm not sure yet about summer, as I got mine for Christmas. They are very lightweight though, and they even make some that have this neat material with little holes in it (can't think of the name of this material) that looks like it would breathe nice. So far mine have been comfortable with and without socks.
  • edited March 2012
    Do women have cuckhold fetishes or is that just a man thing?
    Well, technically no, because "cuckold" refers specifically to a man with an unfaithful wife.

Unless you're asking if their are women who want to make their husbands into cuckolds. That answer is obvious.

I think what you're asking is whether or not women fetishize having an unfaithful husband. I believe the term there is "cuckquean," also spelled "cuckqueen," as "quean" is an antiquated way of spelling "queen."
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I've had mine for about 3 and I must admit I'm starting to wear out the soles. I have done much walking though.
    I replaced my soles almost immediately with some nicer ones to help with my arches.
  • I've had mine for about 3 and I must admit I'm starting to wear out the soles. I have done much walking though.
    I replaced my soles almost immediately with some nicer ones to help with my arches.
    When I say "sole" I mean the rubber on the bottom, not the padding on the inside. I've walked a lot in the past 3 years.
  • edited March 2012
    Beep, wrong random thread. >_>
    Post edited by P_TOG on
  • edited March 2012
    What's the name of the smiley with the open mouth and the eyes looking off to the side.

EDIT: found it, awesome face.
  • I replaced my soles almost immediately with some nicer ones to help with my arches.
    That would be insoles, not soles.

• edited March 2012
    In C/C++ does a condition stop being evaluated as soon as there is a false unless the statement is or-ed? I thought I remember hearing that once. Also does this apply to C# and Java?
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • In C/C++ does a condition stop being evaluated as soon as there is a false unless the statement is or-ed? I thought I remember hearing that once. Also does this apply to C# and Java?
    It's not as soon as there is a False. It's as soon as the answer is determined, and it's only for boolean expressions. An OR statement will return True as soon as one of the parts is True without evaluating the other parts. An AND statement will return False as soon as one part is False without evaluating any further statements.
  • In C/C++ does a condition stop being evaluated as soon as there is a false unless the statement is or-ed? I thought I remember hearing that once. Also does this apply to C# and Java?
    It's not as soon as there is a False. It's as soon as the answer is determined, and it's only for boolean expressions. An OR statement will return True as soon as one of the parts is True without evaluating the other parts. An AND statement will return False as soon as one part is False without evaluating any further statements.
    That is what I meant, I guess I specified my question poorly. But thanks for clarifying.

I had Rockports all throughout high school. Those things are sturdy. I used to walk 3.5 miles to and from school every day, and a single pair of Rockports would last about 1.5 years.
  • edited March 2012
    Why do people think oil companies would want to drill in the US if doing so would reduce gas prices?
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Why do people think oil companies would want to drill in the US if doing so would reduce gas prices?
    Drilling in the US will have a minuscule effect on gas prices, if any effect at all. Most of what's causing the high gas prices is the weak dollar, since oil is traded internationally in dollars, as well as speculation over what the hell Iran is doing.
  • edited March 2012
    Why do people think oil companies would want to drill in the US if doing so would reduce gas prices?
    Drilling in the US will have a minuscule effect on gas prices, if any effect at all. Most of what's causing the high gas prices is the weak dollar, since oil is traded internationally in dollars, as well as speculation over what the hell Iran is doing.
    Exactly. So why does the "Drill Baby, Drill!" meme have so much traction? Do people just think Exxon is dying to give all American H2 drivers a break at the pump but Osama Obama won't let them because he's Hitler?

Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Exactly. So why does the "Drill Baby, Drill!" meme have so much traction? Do people just think Exxon is dying to give all American H2 drivers a break at the pump but Osama Obama won't let them because he's Hitler?
    Pretty much. :P
  • Is there any way to quit a freelance gig without totally burning bridges?
  • Why do people think oil companies would want to drill in the US if doing so would reduce gas prices?
    Because they actually have a vested interest in bringing down the price to "expensive, but not unreasonable" levels (around $80 a barrel). If oil gets too expensive, all those alternative energy sources start to become viable and the oil industry would lose their strangle hold on the world.
  • Is there any way to quit a freelance gig without totally burning bridges?
    Fake your own death.