This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Minecraft Contest: Tertius (READ FOR UPDATE)

Comments

• edited April 2011
    When you forge iron, it is magically turned into Convenientium.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • One thing I really like about this game is the way that my excavation evolves. I started out with a plan for my mine, but as I run into pockets of resources, I build my mine around that. It's pretty neat. Also, I like breaking into undiscovered caverns. That's super neat.

This game is going to eat me alive.
  • edited April 2011
    One thing I really like about this game is the way that my excavation evolves. I started out with a plan for my mine, but as I run into pockets of resources, I build my mine around that. It's pretty neat. Also, I like breaking into undiscovered caverns. That's super neat.
    Yea I don't like the "Yay I explored the new area now I'll find my way back and build awesome things.. Wait what's that *get stabbed*" Where the hell was I? Until that game gets some mini map I'm not a fan.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Yea I don't like the "Yay I explored the new area now I'll find my way back and build awesome things.. Wait what's that *get stabbed*" Where the hell was I? Until that game gets some mini map I'm not a fan.
    This isn't so bad now that you can set your own spawn point.
  • In the war of ponies vs. Minecraft, who would you say is winning, Pete?

HINT: Your answer had better be Minecraft.
    I can't choose, so instead, I'm going to sculpt a giant Pinkie Pie.
    I can't choose, so instead, I'm going to sculpt a giant Pinkie Pie.
    Don't force me to use the nuclear option and blot the sun with a dark rain of TNT.
  • edited April 2011
    Don't force me to use the nuclear option and blot the sun with a dark rain of TNT.
    Challenge accepted.

EDIT: Actually, I sort of want to sculpt a giant nightmare out of some suitably dark block, then use that ever-burning block from the Netherworld to make its mane and tail. I think that'd look fucking awesome.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited April 2011
    When you forge iron, it is magically turned into Convenientium.
    Ah, only one problem - After a brief test to confirm my suspicions, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work for mining obsidian. It'll tear through anything else like butter, but it won't produce anything from blocks that iron normally won't mine. I say pretty sure, because it might be a problem on my end, but I tested it in various locations, none of them worked, even when I specifically created an obsidian block outside to do so.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I must stay away. I must stay away. Must lose interest. Must lose interest.
    Yeah, it's probably for the best. Minecraft is pretty DANGEROUS, Ro, and you probably can't handle all that extra DANGER.

It's cool.
    Yeah, it's probably for the best. Minecraft is pretty DANGEROUS, Ro, and you probably can't handle all that extra DANGER.

It's cool.
    You have no idea how long I nagged her to buy L4D before she caved, and now she's hooked. Why she won't trust me about Minecraft, I don't know. :D
    I will not succumb to such childish taunts.

All I have so say is that this game prevent George from watching the latest episode of Castle last night. BLASPHEMY!
  • All I have so say is that this game prevent George from watching the latest episode of Castle last night. BLASPHEMY!
    It was really work and dinner that stopped that. I didn't get home until 6:45 and I had to cook the pork tenderloin I bought or it was gonna go bad. I wasn't even mining until after 8 and then 2 hours tops.
  • I will not succumb to such childish taunts.
    Who are you trying to convince: me, or you?
  • I will not succumb to such childish taunts.
    Who are you trying to convince: me, or you?
    Me. >___>
  • Me. >___>
    Join us, Ro. It's safe in Tertius. Warm and cozy. You can set up next to my magma field.
  • I dread Wednesdays because I really need to get the podcast out but everybody is online building! I want to go to there!
  • edited April 2011
    Whoever put the forest next to my swamp may regret doing so; I've already burned down the bath house once (Gotta watch out for those little fireballs.).
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Whoever put the forest next to my swamp may regret doing so; I've already burned down the bath house once (Gotta watch out for those little fireballs.).
    Is this my forest, or someone else's?
  • Any chance I could get a whitelist? Minecraft name is rappe.
    Thanks.
  • Any chance I could get a whitelist? Minecraft name is rappe.
    Thanks.
    Done.
  • I left an interesting little thing on this map. I'd be facinated if someone found it - It's extraordinarily hard to find.
  • Judging by your in-game description, it would require a huge excavation effort to locate said feature.
  • Someone has erected a huge wall near me which is crying out for some graffiti. I'm thinking something simple, maybe a Totoro.
  • I've started building a floaty island type castle around the -540's, 65's since I couldn't find where Pete started to build.
    Also, it was fun Skypecrafting last night with you guys. :D I suggest everyone use skype while on the server.
  • Judging by your in-game description, it would require a huge excavation effort to locate said feature.
    Or just some lucky Spleunking. It's actually not that far from the spawn.
  • What we need is a server with more bandwidth. The server cried when we were all logged on last night.
  • I've started building a floaty island type castle around the -540's, 65's since I couldn't find where Pete started to build.
    OK, look at the Tertius map. See the snowy area with a lava pool, sheer cliff face, and what appear to be 3 towers? That's me.
    OK, look at the Tertius map. See the snowy area with a lava pool, sheer cliff face, and what appear to be 3 towers? That's me.
    Hit F3 when you're playing and post the X, Y coordinates. It helps a bunch.
  • edited April 2011
    post the X, Z coordinates.
    FTFY. For reasons I don't understand Y is vertical in this game rather than Z.
    Post edited by George Patches on