This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Comments

• I'm almost level 12, and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of this game so far.
    Replace 12 with 20, and I feel much the same. I'm barely into the main quest, I've only got three dragons(well, technically four, but it was a Bone dragon and doesn't really count), Three words of power, contracted vampirisim but cured it before it became permanent, bought a house, decorated it with my spoils, become the lord of a small town, chilled with some ghosts, fucked up all manner of horrible beasties, became the head of a magical college, became a bard, wrecked a ship, took over a pirate grotto for my own use. And I'm barely anywhere, with my map so far remaining depressingly empty. Jeeeeesssus.
    This makes me want to post craigslist/dating site ads for Skyrim characters.

• edited November 2011
    Arghh. I'm not sure if I love or hate this game yet. (Only level 3 so far, though)

In the first bit of the game, when I'm escaping from DragonVille, I grabbed some sweet imperial armor, since it was much better than my prisoner clothes, and slightly better than the rebel dudes' armor. My rebel friend didn't seem to mind, and we escaped the tunnels successfully.

Then I walked to town, and talked with the general store guy about a fetch quest. I accepted it and walked outside, only to be ATTACKED BY REBELS! After pretty much killing everyone in the town, I was sent to jail.

:-/

I was ambivalent about what side I supported before, but now I'm gonna help the empire, because fuck those guys.

In other news, the UI is crappily console-ported. The hitboxes for UI elements are small and strangely shaped, and the default hotkeys are inconsistent. The game itself is pretty fun, though, except when bullshit like the above happens.

I think I'll name my character Stabby McFirehands.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • I'm split on whether to get this game. On one side, you have 50 euro-bucks. But on the other, you have sipping tea with dragons, and then shouting them a lullaby...
  • I am level 5 and my mission to become the scourge of life in Skyrim proceeds apace. Of note: jail time suuuucks.
  • I posted one of my stories on the Fast Karate forum.

I was stealing shit in the first town as is often my way to play these games. I just wanted more crafting supplies to make the blacksmith his dagger. Why would he care if I stole the supplies from him? Anyway, I was going out into the wilderness when I found an old woman sitting alone in a cottage. At this point I decided it was time for her to meet my good friends flamethrower hands when these three guys came up from no where and attacked me. I ran back to town hoping someone would help, but they didn't. I had to run around like an asshole casting spells whenever I had the mana to kill these guys. When I was looting their bodies, one of them had a note. It was a contract to rough me up for stealing things from the blacksmith. The contract was from the Blacksmith's young daughter.
  • I had something similar happen. I haven't stolen a lot in the game (like I usually do), pretty much just potions at this point. Well after I got attacked by the bandits and found the note, it was from an old lady in Whiterun, and apparently she was mad at me for stealing. I thought maybe this was a quest thing, so I went back and talked to her and there was no mention of the stealing.
    WTF? I've never gotten caught, so I don't know how they found out, or why the guards didn't just come arrest me or whatever.
  • Can you cross dress in the game? Like in Dead Rising?
  • I am in level 10 and I am on my way of becoming a member of the Companion's league. I have no property. I lost my companion given to me when I became a Thane. I am on my way of what I think is the main quest but I do not think I enough experience. I am mostly only working on my one handed combat and lock-piking abilities along side with my healing and destructive magic I have killed 4 dragons, and I am yet able to kill one single Ogre (they hard). Any tips on killing Ogres?

This is my last funny pic post till we get buttons back.

UN-OCCUPY FRC.
  • I've become a fairly proficient mage focusing on Destruction and Restoration. Magic combat is surprisingly fun. It's surprising how many fantastic details and hidden gems are scattered throughout the world. It's just so rich with lore, I love it!
  • edited November 2011
    I had something similar happen.
    Me too, except it went a little different - I'd not stolen anything from her, so I thought, but I must have picked up something while looting all the okay-to-take stuff in her house. So, she goes mental and starts trying to magic me to death, so I kill her. Sorry lady.

A little while later, three dudes attack me coming out of Whiterun, I kill them, take the note, and the contract was lodged...by the dead woman.
    UN-OCCUPY FRC.
    I'm taking a rather more zen approach to the whole thing. OCCUPY YOURSELF!
    I've become a fairly proficient mage focusing on Destruction and Restoration. Magic combat is surprisingly fun. It's surprising how many fantastic details and hidden gems are scattered throughout the world. It's just so rich with lore, I love it!
    Oh hell yeah - I've found a book of recipes. Can you cook recipes in the game? Nope. You can only go by if the ingredients you have match up with a recipe. And yet, they still have a full set of workable recipes in the book. Or the Wabbajack, which is an insane account of god knows what - until something you might run into later on occurs, then the the whole thing just makes perfect sense, and you know exactly what happened there - and this is just some random, non-skill book that you're likely to skip over.

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited November 2011
    Here is a friend from previous games that I found.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited November 2011
    I think what attracts me to being wood elf thief named Agatha is not only how fun it is to steal everything, but how amusingly lame my character feels. There's something really great about stealing a necromancer's carrots and barely escaping with your life on the back of a slow horse.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • What is Borris's cutie mark?
  • >buy Skyrim last night on Steam
    >leave it downloading overnight and all day while I'm at work
    >get home
    >still 500 MB left
    >FUCK
    What is Borris's cutie mark?
  • >buy Skyrim last night on Steam
    >leave it downloading overnight and all day while I'm at work
    >get home
    >still 500 MB left
    >FUCK

What is Borris's cutie mark?

You do know there is almost 5000 post in the MLP thread right?
  • You do know there is almost 5000 post in the MLP thread right?
    I think he was saying that Borris' cutie mark is a facepalm, because the audacity of the world to challenge his greatness is a constant source of consternation for him. Condescending exasperation for his lessers is his special talent.
  • You do know there is almost 5000 post in the MLP thread right?
    Last I checked, this isn't the MLP thread.
    I think he was saying that Borris' cutie mark is a facepalm, because the audacity of the world to challenge his greatness is a constant source of consternation for him. Condescending exasperation for his lessers is his special talent.
  • Every-thread is the MLP thread.
  • No wonder there's been a decline in quality.
  • No Ponies, just PA.

• Me too, except it went a little different - I'd not stolen anything from her, so I thought, but I must have picked up something while looting all the okay-to-take stuff in her house. So, she goes mental and starts trying to magic me to death, so I kill her. Sorry lady.

A little while later, three dudes attack me coming out of Whiterun, I kill them, take the note, and the contract was lodged...by the dead woman.
    That lady was a witch, and she attacked you because you discovered her secret. (Gasp!)
  • edited November 2011
    All hail Daenerys Stormborn, master of dragons!

Edit: This is Lyddi, not sure why Andrew is logged in on my computer! :-P
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Man, I really want to play this game....... Must not buy, I have so much overtime work to dooooo.
  • The best thing that Bethesda did was bump up the dungeon design team from one guy to eight. Here is a comparison of dungeons between the two games.
  • My dear friend Andrew has been extolling to me the virtues of Skyrim this morning.

That said, the pool is now open for bets on what date Andrew will abandon Skyrim for some hipster game. :D
  • edited November 2011
    That lady was a witch, and she attacked you because you discovered her secret. (Gasp!)
    What, the secret of filing contracts from beyond the grave?
    All hail Daenerys Stormborn, master of dragons
    All Hail Churba, Master of TWO dra...
    Actually, fuck this, I'm out, peace.

Bonus: It's good to see a man overcome such a crippling disability.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Played WAAAYY too much Skyrim yesterday, I'm sure. Was at level 2 or 3 when I started playing, finished around 3AM at level 12. I'm convinced that dragonslaying is pretty much the best thing ever.
  • edited November 2011
    I just hit level 16 today, and so far, I'm loving the game. My one issue though is that I'm playing a straight mage, and I kind of want to experience the melee combat. Has anyone had experience yet with playing a battlemage? I don't want to get to level 30 and find out that battlemage is terrible.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on