This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Comments

• edited November 2011
    O..mg... Why you do this to us? I have to sit here at work now, knowing that other peoples are enjoying the awesomeness of Skyrim without me.

My character wants to be born! She wants to tame dragons! ;-;
    I'm tempted to livestream. I might catch a little sleep, and then livestream when I get up, but I think you might have it by then. I don't know, haven't worked it out yet.

The leveling system is really, really interesting - You level by doing things, your character adapts to how you play. Your race gives you particular traits to begin with, but not a hell of a lot. On top of that, instead of leveling skills the traditional level-up-get-points-spend-points way, you get perks that improve your performance in skills and give you new skills. I'm trying to be all sneaky and lockpicky, with a bit of magic and punch/shoot/stabbing dudes.

Skyriiiiim. So goooood.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Churba. Fuck you but I love you. :-) You're making me feel ok with buying this tonight (West Coast US gets it in 15 hours). Just found a bit on the sound of Skyrim and the game has over 90 voice actors rather than the 12 of Oblivion, so that problem should be vaporized. Also, the start power of some of those voices? Jesus H. Tap dancing Christ!
  • edited November 2011
    My only consolation is knowing that Churba paid a shit ton more for the game than I did. Oh wait no, he did some Steam trading T_T
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Don't hate. Think of it as he paid a premium for "early" release. Related note, I'm 100% ok with being where I am in relation to the dateline and have always felt that Asia and Aussieland were getting fucked in a way so I'm glad he got it "early".
  • edited November 2011

I am now buying Skyrim at the earliest opportunity.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • I'm so weak. I've given in.
  • So have I, guess I'll be playing it in an hour.
  • I am filled with hatered at all of you. I have four essays and a paper due in this month meaning I can't play Skyrim. The jelly that I am filled with is ritch in its taste.
  • ;-;

I happened to schedule tomorrow off from work. Originally going camping but that got cancelled. Too bad I have to help put Ikea furniture together tomorrow! >.<

BTW has anyone played Nehrim? (the amazing Oblivion mod) I just finished it a few days ago and it was awesome. I hope Skyrim is just as awesome. *squeee*
  • I am filled with hatered at all of you. I have four essays and a paper due in this month meaning I can't play Skyrim. The jelly that I am filled with is ritch in its taste.
    I hope you have someone proofread your essays...

• edited November 2011

Troll because I'll be playing in 14 hours. Rage because a fellow gamer cannot get their gaming on due to real life shenanigans.
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • edited November 2011
    I also got a 3 day beta invite for SW:TOR for this weekend. I'll be flip flopping between Skyrim and the new Star Wars MMO! Wheeeeeeeeee!

• I also got a 3 day beta invite for SW:TOR for this weekend. I'll be flip flopping between Skyrim and the new Star Wars MMO! Wheeeeeeeeee!
    I came here to post this! Skyrim and Star Wars! Woo!

• I AM DOVAHKIIN! I WILL NOT BE DENIED MY BIRTHRIGHT!
  • I'M THE DRAGONBORN!

• edited November 2011
    He looks like a gimp meets batman.

DOVAHKIIN

How goes the feltch quests?
    Post edited by Casa Vino on
  • I'm just debating platform. PC is out because I have 3 year old 8800 GT's PS3 or XBox? I'm leaning toward PS3... Thoughts?
  • edited November 2011
    Its a console port anyway...

I care not about how pretty it is. The gameplay is still "I WAS A DUMB FUCK AND LEFT A BOOK IN THIS CAVE... IF YOU GET IT FOR ME I CAN HAS GIVE YOU GOLD"... "OH WOW THANKS FO GET BOOK BACK, I WAS RETARDED AND DID IT AGAIN SO YOU CAN HAS MORE GOLD IF YOU DO DIS AGAIN DERP DERP" - fuck why does this shit sell?!?!?!?
  • I have yet to play this game. It could be a transcendent experience that elevates ones consciousness and features a compelling and complex series of moral choices that vary widely from the stereotypical good/bad arbitrary lines; however The Internet, in all its ineffable wisdom has not indicated this is the case.
  • Its for people like me that appreciate the overall story and the awesomely detailed world to wander around in. I don't mind fetching a book or whatever every now and then (even though it can get quite annoying) because I get to explore more and probably pick up some loot on the way.
  • edited November 2011
    Don't hate. Think of it as he paid a premium for "early" release. Related note, I'm 100% ok with being where I am in relation to the dateline and have always felt that Asia and Aussieland were getting fucked in a way so I'm glad he got it "early".
    No, I didn't pay extra, I paid/am paying the US price. So, by the currency conversion rate at the time, I actually paid a few dollars less.

I'm gonna make some tea, then start live-streaming for anyone who doesn't have it(yet or in general) but still wants to have an eyeball. Needless to say, spoilers and a ton of walking, but still.
    Its for people like me that appreciate the overall story and the awesomely detailed world to wander around in. I don't mind fetching a book or whatever every now and then (even though it can get quite annoying) because I get to explore more and probably pick up some loot on the way.
    I would be lying to you if I didn't say I was looting as much shite as I can carry.
    Its a console port anyway...
    Yeah, it's a pretty good console port, but a console port none-the-less. It's not really THAT much of a problem, just nudge up your look sensitivity first time you start the game, and the rest of it you get used to really fast.

Side note - If you're getting it on Steam, you might have to either Add a UAC exception or turn off UAC entirely - at the moment, the launcher is a little funny with it, it'll open the launcher, but when you click play, for some reason it drops you right back into the launcher unless you're added the exception/turned off UAC.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Considering I no longer have an Xbox I would at least watch that.
  • Considering I no longer have an Xbox I would at least watch that.
    Check back in about 15-20 minutes, I'll either edit it into this post or I'll make a new post with the link. Let's hope procaster isn't going to be a cockbasket this time.

• edited November 2011

IT BEGINS!

(Out of curiosity, why won't this embed the video? Some bit of code I need to use?)
  • edited November 2011
    Dromaro, that endears Skyrim to me a little more. Perhaps I will part with some cash after all.

• (Out of curiosity, why won't this embed the video? Some bit of code I need to use?)
    You need to cut it down to /watch?v=(videoIDnumber)

Also, will be livestreaming and talking shit here, if you want to watch,

• edited November 2011
    Churba, that was some quality thespian dialogue.

wabbajack!!!!
    wabbajack!!!!
    wabbajack!!!!
    wabbajack!!!!
    wabbajack!!!!
  • "You need to learn some manners!"
    "THE FUCK? YOU STARTED STABBING ME FIRST!"
  • Just finished decryption. Goodbye world. See you in a few weeks.

• edited November 2011

Repost to test embedding. Thanks, Churbs!