This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Board Games [iOS & Android]

Comments

• I think the 8-Bitty is good to go later this year. It's just an iCade shrunken down. Even with iMame on my iPad, I still can't justify an iCade. $25 however, seems *slightly* more reasonable :)
  • San Juan just came out on iOS. I've never played it, but I remember hearing on GeekNights that it does not hold a candle to Puerto Rico, in that there is an obvious single optimal strategy. I'm half remembering here. Somebody clarify and refresh me.
  • San Juan just came out on iOS. I've never played it, but I remember hearing on GeekNights that it does not hold a candle to Puerto Rico, in that there is an obvious single optimal strategy. I'm half remembering here. Somebody clarify and refresh me.
    Get silver.
  • By the way, while I was sitting awake all night I started pwning the computer at Ticket to Ride, so I randomly invited a bunch of people to a game. You can totally ignore that or abandon or whatever, but I do wanna play some games against real people, so let me know. I'm cyclpsrock on Game Center.
  • Just sent you a friend request, I'm reallyprettymad. Who else here is all up on the game center??
  • RosakaM. I don't have Ticket to Ride on iPad, however I recently got Neuroshima Hex and have been trying to figure out that game. I have the basics, but I just need to memorize what all the symbols on the hexes mean.
  • RosakaM. I don't have Ticket to Ride on iPad, however I recently got Neuroshima Hex and have been trying to figure out that game. I have the basics, but I just need to memorize what all the symbols on the hexes mean.
    You can look up the rules and tile special abilities during a game.

• Yeah, I know this. I'm just annoyed because I want to know how to play already so I can try to beat the stupid computer.
  • Yeah, I know this. I'm just annoyed because I want to know how to play already so I can try to beat the stupid computer.
    Haha, same here, had that game on and off my iPad for ages, never did work out how to play it. Must just SIT DOWN and learn. Must stop playing Triple Town and Drop7.

• Well this is interesting:
  • So I got Organ Trail on iOS. It's ok. I never played Oregon Trail, so I don't have the nostalgia that other's have. Also the aiming/shooting mechanic is horrible. I can barely kill any zombies.

I'll give it another go, but if I can't get the shooting down, it's a waste of $3.
  • So I got Organ Trail on iOS. It's ok. I never played Oregon Trail, so I don't have the nostalgia that other's have. Also the aiming/shooting mechanic is horrible. I can barely kill any zombies.

I'll give it another go, but if I can't get the shooting down, it's a waste of $3.
    Really? Zombies are trivial to dispatch. I wade into suicide missions with no fear of injury. ;^)
  • Perhaps I'm not used to the controls. You have to pull back to shoot. I'd rather just tap the zombie to shoot.
  • Perhaps I'm not used to the controls. You have to pull back to shoot. I'd rather just tap the zombie to shoot.
    Ro is not pro. Get some skills!
  • I'm pro. >_>

I have a PAX 12 medal to prove it.

Also Puzzle Juice is fun, even though it can crash every now and then.
  • Also Puzzle Juice is fun, even though it can crash every now and then.
    Heh. I know the guy who made that. Also, the new Puzzlejuice version keeps lagging for me, dunno what's up.
  • Sail tell him his game is insanely sick. Love that shit
  • One of my favorite things about PAX is going to the indie booths that are pimping their iOS games. It helps give my fix for new games.

Pretty much any of the PAX 10 look cool. I look forward to getting Offspring Fling on Steam. It's so CUTE!
  • So Containment: The Zombie Puzzler is $2 on iOS. I bought the Steam key for maybe $3 at PAX.

It's a fun silly puzzle game, where you surround zombies on an overhead grid with matching colors of people. Blue = cops, pink = scientist, orange = punks, green = army. Once you surround a zombie/zombie pack on all orthogonal sides, they destroy the zombies.

You can also earn bonus items from crates that can destroy parts of the puzzle. You get bonuses with cascades and what not. You can pretty much move any of your characters for free, but if you don't destroy the zombies in a certain amount of moves, they will attack and infect the adjacent characters and turning them into zombies.

It's overall not a bad game. I normally don't play many zombie games, but it's fun. I enjoy it more than Organ Trail.

So if anyone wants a Steam Key, perhaps we can haggle.
  • Super Hexagon is 100% worth $0.99 as an iOS game. So good.
  • That is fun. It's also in sale too, so get it go $0.99 while you can.
  • edited September 2012
    Super Hexagon, Y U SO HARD!
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • I really meant for $0.99, but yes so hard.
  • I cant last more than nine seconds
  • Errr ummmm in super hexagon I mean...
  • Hax: make your phone lag and then play the hexagon.
  • Hax: make your phone lag and then play the hexagon.
    Hah. Based on the leaderboards I don't think anyone's really doing that yet at least. The developer still owns the top of the board with like 200 seconds.

I cracked 60 second and felt like a god, but one friend on my list got 75 so I am humbled.
  • I got past the first level in Hard mode. I feel accomplished at 11 seconds. :P
  • edited September 2012
    I got past the first level in Hard mode. I feel accomplished at 11 seconds. :P
    I love it that the game starts out with Hard mode. Also that the time from "Game Over" to "Begin" is literally less than a second. Very few games get this sort of detail right. My mission now is to crush Matt.

Also my left thumb is a dick!
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • 16.14 seconds! Woohoo!

Also, this game would be great as an Omegathon event.