This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Board Games [iOS & Android]

Comments

• Who is Scott S?
  • Scott S is Gundampilotspaz, IIRC. Scott Spaznani.
  • Oh, I think you didn't add me. I'm Scott Rubin, not Scott S.
    I swore I typed "apreche" into gamecenter. Can you add me im highdefinition3, ill just send out another game after you do
  • Oh, I think you didn't add me. I'm Scott Rubin, not Scott S.
    I swore I typed "apreche" into gamecenter. Can you add me im highdefinition3, ill just send out another game after you do
    You are already added as a friend. You just haven't invited me to anything.

• I guess I'm in on this. I'll check the Game incredibly diligently, to prevent as much lag as possible.
  • Ticket to ride has some serious issuses with usability and notifications. Most of the issues seem to be because they use game center for multiplayer game creation and notifications but a couple are pure usability problems inside the app.

Anyone here have the iPad version of the app? Any of you managed to set up a mutiplayer game with it? How about a multiplayer game with known opponents (i.e. not random match making)?

I'm up for a game of TtR Europe if/when someone can get it started.
  • TIcket is annoying as when I play Hero and Carcassonne it removes the notification from TTR. You just have to check it at least twice a day. Not good implementation. But at least it works I suppose.
  • TtR for the iPad is a very different experience, as the app uses the existing Day of Wonder TtR system. It shares a lobby system with the PC version, so you can tap into that large player pool and find a pickup game at any hour. One of the best iPad apps on the market, puts its iPhone little brother to shame.
  • TtR for the iPad is a very different experience, as the app uses the existing Day of Wonder TtR system. It shares a lobby system with the PC version, so you can tap into that large player pool and find a pickup game at any hour. One of the best iPad apps on the market, puts its iPhone little brother to shame.
    I try to set up a multiplayer game in the iPad and after sending the invite it just stays on the "waiting for response" screen. Only two options are "play now" and "cancel" so until all players have joined the entire game is unusable. That is probably a bug, since the obvious behaviour would be to just let me continue using the app and pop up a notification when all players have joined.

• edited April 2012
    T&E didn't notify me that it was my turn. Sorry for the delay. And apparently neither did TtR.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • T&E didn't notify me that it was my turn. Sorry for the delay. And apparently neither did TtR.
    I left that treasure wide open, but I didn't think anyone would be smart enough to grab it. Guess I underestimated the opposition. Gotta step up the game.
  • Oh shit Scott just took off his DBZ weights.
  • Oh shit Scott just took off his DBZ weights.
    I really hope the game doesn't come down to one treasure...
    I try to set up a multiplayer game in the iPad and after sending the invite it just stays on the "waiting for response" screen. Only two options are "play now" and "cancel" so until all players have joined the entire game is unusable. That is probably a bug, since the obvious behaviour would be to just let me continue using the app and pop up a notification when all players have joined.
    Are you using the TtR Pocket app on an iPad, or using the iPad-only TtR app?

• This is with the iPad app. The ocket version wirks just fine on the iPad, a lot of the interface is drawn instead of bitmapped so the app doesnät look too bad at 2x.
  • Oh ok, so when you say you send invites, you mean you are looking to create a match with specific people. I see how that would be a problem, b/c yes, the app forces you to sit in the game creation screen until your game is ready to go. I usually just create a game and random people join up in a minute or two, and we're off to placing trains.

Regarding our little game of T&E here: Fuck did I get railroaded early on! Lost both a red and green conflict so far, having 0 of either piece to commit. Gonna go take my turn now and start the comeback.
  • If we were playing at a table, I could have negotiated for that monument to be black/red in some king-making favor. Because it's online, I just have to cock block that shit.
  • OMGIWANTTOPLAYBOARDGAMESPAXPAXPAXPAXPAX
  • All board game paraphernalia has been banned from Pax. Welcome to Obamas America.
  • Ok, there is something wrong in this game. The last time I looked at my tiles after my last turn, I had FOUR red tiles. I was prepared for this red conflict. Now that the conflict is happening I only have two red tiles. I know I spent two on my last turn, to go from four to two, but I checked my hand afterwards and I had drawn two more, or so I thought.
  • Ok, there is something wrong in this game. The last time I looked at my tiles after my last turn, I had FOUR red tiles. I was prepared for this red conflict. Now that the conflict is happening I only have two red tiles. I know I spent two on my last turn, to go from four to two, but I checked my hand afterwards and I had drawn two more, or so I thought.
    I had a similar feeling about that black conflict I just had, I was pretty sure I had 1 more tile then I did. I assumed I was just being paranoid
    I had a similar feeling about that black conflict I just had, I was pretty sure I had 1 more tile then I did. I assumed I was just being paranoid
    This wasn't a matter of feeling this is a matter of I specifically looked and the game showed me my previous hand, not my current hand.
  • Suicide bombers the lot of you.
  • edited April 2012
    Big Daddy's Creations put up some iOS Eclipse screens by the way:

e: err actually they're "ui mockups" or whatever
    Post edited by johndis on
  • Nightfall is out for iOS, universal app for $4.99. It's a decent deckbuilding game, and the implementation is good but not great. I wouldn't recommend buying unless you really love the game.

Ro, you mentioned you got to try Fealty at PAX. How was it? I've been meaning to check that out, and they just released an app.
  • Well, we bought it but have yet to play it. We are actually about to play it in a short while. I'll let you know. Jeremy definitely wants to get a cheap 16gb iPad 2 just because of all the great iOS board game apps.
  • edited April 2012
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • I really should get that app on the iPad sometime. But I r lazy.
  • Jesus Christ. Apparently, I've been sitting on a Ticket to Ride game for quite a bit. I played the turn, and NOW my notification pops up.