This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Board Games [iOS & Android]

Comments

• Also my left thumb is a dick!
    That must be hard for you.

• Also my left thumb is a dick!
    That must be hard for you.

Sometimes, but not always.

• 16.14 seconds! Woohoo!

Also, this game would be great as an Omegathon event.
    Seems it's the unofficial FRC score attack game now. My leader board is quickly filling up! Game has hype.

• If you guys haven't added me to your GameCenter already, my username is VentureJ. I'm at 26 and slowly rising up!
  • Hexagons... Hexagons everywhere...
  • Add me to Gamecenter if you haven't, cyclpsrock

Matt is apparently superhuman at this game.
  • I improved my score by a couple seconds.
  • My current record is 24 seconds. I like how depending upon the song that plays, the map is a little bit different.

When it changes to the thicker walls, I always get scared and let out a scream then I die.

Has anyone noticed that it's a big laggy on the iPhone vs the iPad? Also that stupid Game Center notification when you first start playing the game needs to stop. It always throws me off. -______-
  • I haven't noticed any lag, but I haven't tried it on iPad to compare. And yeah, Gamecenter login tends to hose my first run unless I remember to wait on the menu for it to complete.

What you are saying about the music and difference in walls is key to this old school-style gameplay. Gotta memorize the patterns!
  • Game Center notification has killed me plenty of times.
  • The worst pattern is the "one bar overlapping combs" in Hexagoner, I've only cleared them once so far.

I find the harder game modes actually more fun to play because you get to the point where you improve upon your record faster. In Hexagon mode it takes me a full minute to get to that point vs. 20 seconds in, e.g., Hyper Hexagon.
  • edited September 2012
    The worst pattern is the "one bar overlapping combs" in Hexagoner, I've only cleared them once so far.
    Funny, that's my favorite one. As long as you can clear the first gate, each successive gate is timed to the music, so you just carefully "tap, tap, tap" one quadrant at a time to exit that trap.

The one that gets me is the one where you have to exit the solid maze by going Left, Right, Left, Right. I can NEVER get it just right.

Or is THAT the one that you mean? :)

Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • Fucking Super Hexagon. I'm up to 84:22 in the regular game mode, and have been inching up neck-and-neck with a friend (TC Petty III, designer of the Viva Java board game) to compete over high score. He just tore off a 149.22 and is now ranked 4th out of 18,000 players. I think I am losing this high score battle, time to focus on hexagoner!
  • How long do you have to go in each level to unlock the super levels? In Gamecenter it says 100pts, but I feel like that can't be right because there's only one guy on the leaderboards that has broken 100.
  • 60 seconds
  • @Sail: You need to get to "hexagon" level which is 60 seconds I believe.

@Matt: I'll be waiting for you in Hexagonest
  • edited September 2012
    @Matt: I'll be waiting for you in Hexagonest
    Deal. 71 seconds. Oh I thought you said Hexagoner. Just beat my old score there. Hexagonest is crazy! I don't know if I can beat you there :P

Post edited by Matt on
  • Nevermind, Timo. Hexagonext. 26.33. Your turn!
  • 56:45 on Hexagon. Don't feel so shitty anymore!
  • 56:45 on Hexagon. Don't feel so shitty anymore!
    Damn, I guess I have to get off my butt now... Can't have a host ahead of us mortals.

Also, sux you didn't make 60 seconds! :/

• Nevermind, Timo. Hexagonext. 26.33. Your turn!
    Crap! I was going to get some work done today...

• Realized we are OT because this is the thread for mobile board games, not mobile games in general.

Anyway, just learned that guy who made Super Hexagon is the VVVVV guy. Do I have the right number of Vs?
  • 5 V's, yeah.

This is one of those games I see when I close my eyes.
  • 6 V's, can't lose.
  • Hexagonest, 46.04, can't lose.
  • Hexagonest, 46.04, can't lose.
    La la la la can't hear you!

• Cracked 60 in Hard. ONWARDS!