This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Board Games [iOS & Android]

Comments

• Bought the 1910 expansion. :)
  • Yeah that's how it works (at least in Mega). Both bonuses are in play. 1910 actually comes with 3 modes: Mega, Classic, and Big Cities. Classic is just the ticket bonus and uses only the new routes, without the ones from original TtR. Big Cities is a mode where every route is guaranteed to have either Chicago, Dallas, Houston, LA, Miami, NYC, or Seattle as one of its two destinations.
    OK, awesome, that's how I hoped it would be, Mega FTW.

Wonder if we can sync up time zones and arrange to get a few people together for a real time game.

Is there a website or app where you all enter your time zones and say, like a calendar, "grey" out blocks where you could potentially be free for gaming?

That way, no one needs to worry about time zones, you just all fill in your prefered time slots and the app (whatever) will suggest the optimal time or give you a few options. It could even send out auto invites to everyone in that time slot.

• Add mageos in GC if you want to play TTR Pocket with me (someday I'll get the rest of these awesome games when monies are in my hands).
  • I've been playing the android version of dominion a bunch lately
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mehtank.androminion&hl=en
    It is far from perfect but it is fun to play an AI for a few minutes in between other things.
  • Wonder if we can sync up time zones and arrange to get a few people together for a real time game.

Is there a website or app where you all enter your time zones and say, like a calendar, "grey" out blocks where you could potentially be free for gaming?

That way, no one needs to worry about time zones, you just all fill in your prefered time slots and the app (whatever) will suggest the optimal time or give you a few options. It could even send out auto invites to everyone in that time slot.

You could try doodle. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but it might work to schedule a time to play.
  • edited February 2012
    Still getting my butt kicked in Hero Academy. Even so I really enjoy the game and feel that I'm making some progress in being a better player. Dwarf class are a really fun also.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Still getting my butt kicked in Hero Academy. Even so I really enjoy the game and feel that I'm making some progress in being a better player. Dwarf class are a really fun also.
    same here, Ren is going to town on my little people
  • The dwarves are scary. They are the crystal mashers! I still like elves best. More mobile.
  • I like the elves too. Their ability to heal themselves allows individual units to be much more threatening.

Also, wraith.
  • I've been doing pretty well at Hero Academy. I've been winning most of my games, but I'm not quite sure why. My closest games are usually with Ren, too.
  • I've got ren and snickety on Heroacademy, who is everyone else. I am highdefinition
  • I like the elves too. Their ability to heal themselves allows individual units to be much more threatening.

Also, wraith.
    Bloody wraith. He is always in my base killing my doods.

• Just lost to Snake. Pretty good game, though I probably should have paid more attention to that one! Wasn't entirely sure how some of those Elf units worked.
  • Just lost to Snake. Pretty good game, though I probably should have paid more attention to that one! Wasn't entirely sure how some of those Elf units worked.
    My Hero Academy history is a clean run of victories :) But our last game has dropped off, I think you won that one. I'll start up another soon. :)

• edited February 2012
    March is coming up next a week. What's the tournament game, who is in, and who is going to set up the tournament?
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • I thought it was going to be either Ticket to Ride or Hero's Academy? Should the there be a vote on it?
  • edited February 2012
    Every time someone mentions Hero Academy, I say a little prayer to Almighty Cthulhu that they've finally released the Android version.

He's let me down every time.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Is it cross platform?
    I vote Hero Academy for March tourney. If someone can do up a google docs just like that Carcassonne one that would suffice. I will put up a prize. Anything of your choosing up to the value of $10 on Ebay for the winner.

Who's in?
  • It will be, when they release the android version they're working on.
  • I'm out for Hero Academy but I think it would be best to sit out March anyway. It's going to be a crazy month.

In iOS news, Tikal has been updated with Game Center multiplayer rather than crappy Open Feint. It's not my favorite game but it's still one of the better board games to get the turn-based Game Center treatment.

Also, there were some very sexy screenshots of a Neuroshima Hex online mode posted to BGG. When that releases, I am going to play the crap out of it.
  • I'm out as well. I'm also busy during March with my job transition and would rather play casually right now. I'm going to eventually pick up Ticket To Ride, perhaps this weekend.
  • I can play tourney Hero Academy or non tourney. I usually have at least 1 game going on a regular basis.
  • OK I think we will flag for now, maybe Orcs will come out in march, we can start it up in April. Casual games FTW.
  • The amount of time it's been since I last played Carcassonne is really showing in the few games I've played on iOS. I suuuuuuuuck.
  • The amount of time it's been since I last played Carcassonne is really showing in the few games I've played on iOS. I suuuuuuuuck.
    Nah, your all good. Just stop teaming up with the person in the lead :P

Ill start a new game soon, these 3 ways have a fun dynamic to them.

Nah, your all good. Just stop teaming up with the person in the lead :P

Ill start a new game soon, these 3 ways have a fun dynamic to them.

Both games were really awesome, but I know the exact move that cost me the win in that second one.
  • edited February 2012
    All the Codito ported board games seem to be on sale for $.99 today; T&E, Tikal, Ra, Medici
    Post edited by johndis on
  • All the Codito ported board games seem to be on sale for $.99 today; T&E, Tikal, Ra, Medici
    Ah, snap. Reasonable prices. Getting T&E and Medici.
  • I wonder how much iOS Eclipse is gonna cost. Most games up there are like ~$30 for the physical version and ~$5-10 for the ios one. No way they'll get downloads if it's like 20 bucks.