This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

E3 2011

Comments

• I like the polarizing screen feature. I cant wait until that technology becomes standard on all TV's.
    Yep. Did they mention anything about the audio?

Maybe each player has a headset with their own channel?

what would you hear from the TV without a headset? BOTH audio streams?
  • edited June 2011
    GREAT JOB JEREMY
    Oh my god, the guy narrating the game is so amazingly painful to listen to.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I like the polarizing screen feature. I cant wait until that technology becomes standard on all TV's.
    Would the technology work for anything? Could I play a game while someone else watches TV, theoretically.
  • edited June 2011
    More Halo. So underwhelming.

I'm more excited about the PSVita, which has the perfect price point.
    Halo has an interesting story (a great story compared to other shooters of the current gen) and tight game play. It is one of the best selling franchises of all time. Halo is to the Xbox as Mario is to Nintendo. It is awesome news that they are making a new one. I'm tired of people that are "Oh blah blah blah. Shooters are better on the PC. PC is sooo much better." Shooters are EASIER on the PC. It takes a million times less skill to use a mouse to head shot someone then to use a controller (PC gaming is like swinging a baseball bat at a basketball and console gaming is like swinging a baseball bat a real baseball). I find it way more fun to sit in front of my TV playing a game then to sit at my computer. I would much rather use a controller then a keyboard and a mouse. And before you say it, yes, I know you can plug a 360 controller into a computer. So now I guess let the hate on me for being a stupid console fan boy and not being smart enough to play PC games begin.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • Oh god, not this again...
  • It really wouldn't be worth the effort.
  • Yeah. I dont want to be a flame war. I am just tired of people being so dismisive of console gaming and all it has to offer.
  • edited June 2011
    Its not even about the controller issue. I like Halo. I have 3, ODST, Reach, and Wars. Its just that Halo feels incredibly played out now. They are stretching for story (which wasnt THAT great), and the multiplayer has already been overshadowed by games like Modern Warfare. All thats coming is a remake of the first one, and a new iteration that isnt even being developed by Bungie.

Its all just underwhelming.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • edited June 2011
    You must be new here, Tim.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited June 2011
    Wh- who in this thread was dismissing console gaming? They were only dismissing Halo 4, which I am also doing, because it's just them milking the franchise for more money.
    I do feel bad for Bungie, though. They have to just sit back and watch their franchise get raped.

I am, however, pretty into the PSVita.
    Post edited by P_TOG on
  • I took the knock at Halo as a knock at console gaming. If it wasn't then I take it back. Now how do you know that the new game is going to suck? I doubt Microsoft will allow the game to suck. Master Cheif is pretty much their mascot. If the game is not up to their standerds they can just not give 343 the rights to publish it.

And comparing Halo to MW? Modern Warfare sucks. It is just not interesting. It is not fun unless you get in on the game at day one or spend hours and hours playing to unlock weapons just so you can level the playing field. That is boring. Halo's story is not Tolstoy, but it is a good story for a shooter. And light years better then MW, Gears or any other shooter.
  • I use a mouse and keyboard all day at work. Its a nice feeling to crash on couch with a controller in hand. Uses different muscles and your thumbs.
    How anyone can work 8 hours a day on a PC THEN go play WOW or CS for hours at night is beyond me. Ouch!

Not that one is better than the other. I think its just muscle fatigue. Switch it up.
  • If this thread turns into another stupid console FPS argument, I will end you all.
  • If this thread turns into another stupid console FPS argument, I will end you all.
    No kidding.
  • I take it back. I take it back I take it back!! Just don't knock the new Halo before we have more info.
  • edited June 2011
    Mhm. The point is that its yet another Halo game. I didnt say that MW is much better, but Halo's multiplayer isnt nearly as popular anymore, and its gotten pretty stagnant. There are plenty of good console FPS's out already, so Halo isnt all that special anymore. Its good and polished, but played out.

Halo 4 and the remake is another example of Microsoft milking the franchise dry.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • And light years better then MW, Gears or any other shooter.
    That may have been true, but Halo 4 will be coming out in a time where Bioshock: Infinite, Mass Effect 3 (come on, it's a shooter), Metro: Last Light and Deus Ex 3 exist. I expect Halo is going to have to step the writing up a bit if it's going to compete with them.
  • I take it back. I take it back I take it back!! Just don't knock the new Halo before we have more info.
    That's what we do here. Do you not recall the Wii 2 thread?

You sound like a whiny Halo fanboy who is all butt hurt.
  • Ultimately, I'm not saying that Halo 4 sucks. There is no possible way for me to know that yet. My only point was that the announcement for even MORE Halo is very underwhelming. I dont think we need any more Halo games for a while, especially if its not being developed by Bungie anymore.
  • I can't wait until I can make my own racing tracks by drawing it with my finger.
  • As a 3DS early adopter, I am kinda wishing that I got a Vita instead. I'm sure this feeling will disappear once i get my hands on an awesome 3DS Exclusive game, though.
  • edited June 2011
    Halo 3 came out in 2007. Halo 4 is coming out Holiday 2012. I would say that has been suficent time... Reach came out in 2010 and it was part of the story we already knew... If you say that a new Halo game is underwhelming then isn't a new Bioshock game underwhelming? I mean Bishock 2 was relased in 2010. Mass Effect 2 was released in 2010 as well. Thats only 2 years between games that directly follow each other. Halo has given it 4 years between a direct continuation of the story.
    Also Halo 4 wont be competing with Mass Effect 3 unless they pushed it back again... Mass Effect 3 is first quater 2012. I do not know when Bioshock is being released.
  • edited June 2011
    Halo 4 isn't a Bungie game, though. I won't be buying it. ODST was a letdown and Reach didn't make up for it.

[Acknowledging that VentureJ had me ninja'd on the developer info.]
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • You are completely missing the point, Tim.
  • edited June 2011
    No I understand your point. I understand it completly. I just think that it isn't valid.
  • Halo 4 isn't a Bungie game, though. I won't be buying it. ODST was a letdown and Reach didn't make up for it.

[Acknowledging that VentureJ had me ninja'd on the developer info.]
    Was Fallout 3 and New Vegas not as good as Fallout 2 because they changed devlopers?
  • I think single player FPS games play fine on consoles.

I'm excited for new Sly Cooper, Bioshock, and Elder Scrolls.
  • edited June 2011
    Was Fallout 3 and New Vegas not as good as Fallout 2 because they changed devlopers?
    That's a terrible example. Fallout 1 and 2 were isometric RPGs. Fallout 3 and New Vegas were shooters. They're barely comparable as games.
    Post edited by Sail on