This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Guns of Icarus Online

Comments

• Well, I'm excited.
  • For some reason, the trailer is choppy and unwatchable for me. However, the few stills I saw look amazing. Congrats, Alex and Emily :)
  • Let it load completely, then fullscreen your browser and play it.
  • Hey, guess what. Guns of Icarus is now $1.25.
    I already bought 4 copies, so now you don't have any excuse!
  • I bought it last time it was on sale, I should probably get around to playing it.
  • It was a good purchase. Sometimes I'll fire it up and just spend a while shooting things out of the sky.
  • Hey, guess what. Guns of Icarus is now $1.25.
    I already bought 4 copies, so now you don't have any excuse!
    Hooray! Now I can put bread on the table tonight. No more gruel!
  • I love that what I am doing may in fact be benefiting someone personally. That is awesome.
  • Hey, we have a Kickstarter Page. You can pre-order and get cool swag!
  • Hey, we have a Kickstarter Page. You can pre-order and get cool swag!
    Sweet! In for $50!
  • Why does the $75 one not include the signed poster as in the $50 one?
  • Yeah, I put up $20 a while back. I'm excited to see this thing come to fruition.
  • Why does the $75 one not include the signed poster as in the $50 one?
    Because the $50 poster is a limited run of 13

• As much as I would like a digital art book, the poster would probably be best for me. Pledge sent.
  • If this keeps up, Gomi might be able to afford the top-shelf gruel.
  • So I FINALLY got around to playing some Guns of Icarus after buying it so long ago... it's actually a LOT of fun. I love the world and technology, and the action is hectic and fun.

I think I'll be playing a bit more of this very soon.
  • You know, I played a little bit yesterday, and, while I am still proud of the game, the company and I have come a LOOONG way since then. The texture resolution makes me cringe and the UI is not so great either. It's still pretty fun, though, in my own biased opinion.
    (We also got hate mail yesterday saying that the game was ugly and boring, but I think it is okay for 5 people and 5 months.)
  • edited December 2011
    You know, I played a little bit yesterday, and, while I am still proud of the game, the company and I have come a LOOONG way since then. The texture resolution makes me cringe and the UI is not so great either. It's still pretty fun, though, in my own biased opinion.
    (We also got hate mail yesterday saying that the game was ugly and boring, but I think it is okay for 5 people and 5 months.)
    If you compare the game to AAA titles that are out right now, the UI and texture resolution isn't that great. However, this is neither a modern game (so much changes so quickly, modern can be subjective)nor produced by a large corporation. With that in mind, I think it's a lot of fun.

As well, judging on things that aren't controlled fully by technology or dev time (story, core game concepts, etc.) it's unique and outstanding.

Plus, you were doing something really ambitious. 3D, third person, multiple controllable turrets, airborne AI and targets with a moving "base". I don't think I'm biased, but I'm definitely impressed.

And now my expectations for the next chapter are suitably reset. :D

tl;dr - haters gonna hate. Hire OceanMarketting to take care of them.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • Thank you!
    Ahaha. We were all like "man, we can't be snide to this kid, because you know what happens when you are a customer service asshole in the game industry!"
  • You become friends with the Mayor of Boston? Are you able to do international shipping for those of us in Albion?
  • For the Kickstarter prizes? I think so, unless it says otherwise. I need to check.
  • Jolly good the $50 one looked pretty cool but there is always the problem I get shipping stuff to the UK.
  • In case any of you are interested - we've got an official Guns of Icarus forum now, at http://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/
  • In case any of you are interested - we've got an official Guns of Icarus forum now, at http://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/
    I shall check it out and start picking apart every single screenshot.
  • Whoops, sorry about that.
  • Holy crap, you guys are at 93% of the goal. Just yesterday you were at 56% or something. That's awesome. Looks like this will reach 100% way before the end.

yay.
  • Dropped $25, because it's a good deal for the beta and the soundtrack and a poster. And because you guys are cool.

I'm helping!
  • *pledge made*

Happy to help!