This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Guns of Icarus Online

123457»

Comments

• The question is not, "can we, technically, add boarding to GoIO" - the answer to that is of course yes, it's all Turing-complete. The question is should we - is it worth the effort in terms of improvement to the gameplay - and we are firmly of the belief that the answer to that is no.
  • Ah. That's a good point as well. I trust you guys know what you're talking about in terms of the game's design, since you made it.
  • It's been answered before on the GOI subreddit. I put the official FAQ answer in the Sidebar with a bold label that Boarding isn't happening. Still occasionally get threads or comments suggesting/asking about boarding.
  • Any word on characters having individual health? One thing I noticed playing is that it's pretty damn difficult to actually kill a ship because an engineer is basically camping their armor with their hammer.
  • Any word on characters having individual health? One thing I noticed playing is that it's pretty damn difficult to actually kill a ship because an engineer is basically camping their armor with their hammer.
    An engineer that's busy camping their armor is one that's not shooting back at you, or repairing their busted, burning guns. It's easily possible damage them faster than the engineer can repair.
    An engineer that's busy camping their armor is one that's not shooting back at you, or repairing their busted, burning guns. It's easily possible damage them faster than the engineer can repair.
    The secret is mixing your damage types. For example, mortars+Gatling is a strong combo, according to the subreddit.
    The secret is mixing your damage types. For example, mortars+Gatling is a strong combo, according to the subreddit.
    And also to damage multiple systems at once, but that leads back to there basically being up to four system that can be repaired at the same time. If the crew members have to worry about their own health (and you can stick to "find a place to hide and you heal fully after a cooldown" like most FPS games these days) then it becomes a choice of "Do I stand still in the open to fix the balloon and possibly be picked off by Gatling fire, or do I go hide to heal up?"
  • The best way to think of it is that your whole ship is one character with four brains and hands, not four different characters.

(players don't have individual health for sort of of the same reasons we don't want boarding: it shifts the focus to individuals at the expense of teams/ships)
  • I have recently started playing this. The hwacha is so much fun. I only like to play when I have at least 3 friends though. I think we like the pyramidion the most.