This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Guns of Icarus Online

Comments

• I played the first beta weekend and assume no progress has been made since then, so I'm pretty sure I'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • Keys have arrived!
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2012
    How do I know when I have received the keys?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • You will have received the keys.
    But how exactly? Through email? Through a Steam message?

• I got an email.

I got mine as an email too.

I got mine as an email too.

Electronic mail. image
  • *Strongbad voice* Email!
  • You know, there are people I go to school with who have never heard of Homestar Runner. It's really sad.
  • You know, there are people I go to school with who have never heard of Homestar Runner. It's really sad.
    Well...the Brothers Chaps have kinda let it mothball so it's natural that it doesn't have the steam it used to. They've been busy with Yo Gabba Gabba! and The Aquabats show.

• Also, I still maintain that Conrad is the best pilot I've flown with so far.
  • i wunt keees
  • edited October 2012
    triple post
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • Still haven't gotten my keys...sadface :(
  • I never got my kickstarter beta key nor the beta key for signing up... but today I got my product key :D
  • The latency issues were still making the game hard to play for me a few days ago. I can't wait to try the release!
  • Guns of Icarus is good! The only problems I've had are the uncontrollable my-captain sucks issue and something that may be a latency problem or just my video card being crappy.
  • I only played a little bit. The UI is slick, but the controls felt... off. Mostly the aiming and shooting controls. The turrets would go very slow sometimes, and speedy other times. Also they would overheat randomly and need to be repaired? I dunno. Hitting it with the rubber mallet fixed it. Hitting anything with the rubber mallet fixed it, except my colleagues.
  • edited October 2012
    The latency issues were still making the game hard to play for me a few days ago. I can't wait to try the release!
    It's pretty good. I've had some slight stutters, but generally, it's rock solid. Yay, I can be useful!
    Guns of Icarus is good! The only problems I've had are the uncontrollable my-captain sucks issue
    Yesterday:
    Churba: "Forward guns, target out of traverse"
    Nine: "Captain, turn us to give them a right broadside"
    *Captain starts turning right*
    Nine: "Captain, TURN LEFT"
    *Captain turns right as hard as possible*
    Churba: ...
    Nine: ...
    Ship: "Boom."
    I only played a little bit. The UI is slick, but the controls felt... off. Mostly the aiming and shooting controls. The turrets would go very slow sometimes, and speedy other times. Also they would overheat randomly and need to be repaired? I dunno. Hitting it with the rubber mallet fixed it. Hitting anything with the rubber mallet fixed it, except my colleagues.
    The thing with the guns is ammo-dependent - some types of ammo will damage the guns as you fire. The Magic Mallet works every time, except on the crew.

Post edited by Churba on
  • I don't see anything wrong with that situation.
  • I don't see anything wrong with that situation.
    Other than the part where we exploded, sure. I do generally prefer captains that know left from right though.
  • I see. I'll get right on that. But isn't right and left different when you pass the equator?
  • edited October 2012
    I think I'm going to stab you for that one. Only a little bit though.

Still, he's propably a better captain that me. My niche seems to be more shooting or bashing shit with my magic rubber hammer like a shite Thor.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited October 2012
    We started yelling starboard and port during office matches.
    Also, I'm glad Nine is playing. He got on a really early beta that was bugged to hell. Two ships spawned on top of each other and exploded. I think he was amused, and it's nice to be able to show off the game in a more playable state.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Yeah, the early beta had crazy bugs, it was hilarious. Except when you, say, spawned out of your ship and fell forever or ships spawned inside each other...
  • Oh those were the days.
  • Oh my god, listening to you guy talk about this made me wish I had paid more attention to this game. This sounds like fun on a bun.
  • Play eeeet!
  • edited October 2012
    Okay buying now.

EDIT: Bought, installing now.

Also, I have two airship models to do in the near future, so I can justify this as "research" :D
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on