This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Guns!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Hmm, this "slide-fire" stock seems pretty interesting, especially since they have an AK model coming out.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Just an update. I've already put around 200 rounds through my hi-power, all different types of ammo, no jams and pretty damn good accuracy. Cleaning is a breeze too.

I love this little gun, although I'm sure I'll not love it so much once things start breaking and I have to replace them.
  • Hmm, this "slide-fire" stock seems pretty interesting, especially since they have an AK model coming out.
    FYI, stuff like this, which facilitates "bump firing", has been banned in the past. Specifically look at the Akins Accelerator.

• Hmm, this "slide-fire" stock seems pretty interesting, especially since they have an AK model coming out.
    FYI, stuff like this, which facilitates "bump firing", has been banned in the past. Specifically look at the Akins Accelerator.
    It's also dangerous. When you bump fire a gun you generally have a loose hold on it and can very easily spray bullets all over the place.
  • Yeah, I thought it seemed a bit fishy, and for the price I'd probably be better just getting better at pulling the trigger faster, or buying a more sensitive trigger mech. Or just buying/making a full auto receiver though that would be a tad illegal.
  • edited December 2011
    So I've become obsessed with the idea of building a ultra light weight AR15. Like under 6 lbs, as close to 5 lbs as I can get.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • So I've become obsessed with the idea of building a ultra light weight AR15. Like under 6 lbs, as close to 5 lbs as I can get.
    I'd love to say it's nevah bin dun befo', buuuut....

• So I've become obsessed with the idea of building a ultra light weight AR15. Like under 6 lbs, as close to 5 lbs as I can get.
    That's pretty much what inspired this. I just don't wanna pay $1850 for it.
    That's alright, I just wanted to crack a joke about Sons of Guns. Any Ideas?

• That's alright, I just wanted to crack a joke about Sons of Guns. Any Ideas?
    Not ideas, I have pretty much the entire thing planned.

Bushmaster super light 16" barrel (.570" diameter)
    Bushmaster carbon fiber upper receiver

If I can find it, a CAV-15 polymer lower receiver, they aren't made anymore so that might be tricky.

Plus all the little bullshit you need to make that work.

Chrome bolt
    Charging handle
    rear sight
    trigger group.

The only issue is funds. I'll probably end up building this is stages. Build the upper without bolt and just use the parts and lower from my current AR. Then source the bolt and charging handle. Then assemble the lower.

Man that show pisses me off. Its not the "yeeehaw guns!" attitude that does it, its how they claim to invent shit that already exists. Like the "first" AK sniper rifle. Um, what about the Tabuk or even that Saiga semi-auto hunting rifle?

Man that show pisses me off. Its not the "yeeehaw guns!" attitude that does it, its how they claim to invent shit that already exists. Like the "first" AK sniper rifle. Um, what about the Tabuk or even that Saiga semi-auto hunting rifle?
    I just enjoy some of the ideas they have and bringing them to life.

Side note, I just weighed my AR15. 8.9 lbs. Fucking battle rifle weight that.
  • Well, strictly speaking, the Tabuk isn't what I'd call a sniper rifle to begin with, considering it's relative inaccuracy and short range, It's basically an RPK with a light barrel and no Full auto. The Saiga hunting rifle is even less accurate, and has an even shorter range - so the Tabuk is barely a sniper rifle, but the Saiga isn't one at all.

Also, Red Jacket, despite the show being pretty terrible, they're actually a top-notch shop, their build quality is above reproach.
  • Well I don't mind some of the more stupid things like mounting a bunch of AR' s together and stuff like that, but I just hate how they rip off some other guns and pretend they invented it. Like one was a "flashlight gun" which was really just a MAC-11 in a box with a flashlight strapped to the top. It was basically a worse ripoff of the Magpul FMG-9.
  • Here's something for you guys to use for at the practice range.

Tactical bleeding zombie targets.
  • Today I heard my dad talking to a guy on the phone about buying some shotgun shells just in case the apocalypse happens any time soon.
  • Like biblical apocalypse? Cause I doubt earthly weapons would do much good during that.
  • Like biblical apocalypse? Cause I doubt earthly weapons would do much good during that.
    "FUCK YOU, JESUS!" *BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM*
  • I think he meant more of a general secular apocalypse.
  • edited December 2011
    I think he meant more of a general secular apocalypse.
    Carry on then, it never hurts to be prepared. I have a 640 round tin of AK ammo, just in case.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Oh I agree. I've been saying we need some ammo and supplies just in case for a while, but it just seemed funny to hear my dad literally say it was in case of the apocalypse.
  • Carry on then, it never hurts to be prepared. I have a 640 round tin of AK ammo, just in case.
    Yeah but how many AK magazines do you have? That tin ain't gonna do you much good if you gotta stop to hand load every minute.

Also, ninjarabbi, what kind of shotgun shells was he thinking about getting?
  • Carry on then, it never hurts to be prepared. I have a 640 round tin of AK ammo, just in case.
    Yeah but how many AK magazines do you have? That tin ain't gonna do you much good if you gotta stop to hand load every minute.
    2 functioning 30 rds, a 20 rd, and another 30 rd that has issues. I need to take it apart, clean it and lube it. And yes, I need more magazines. I'm working on it.
  • I'm not sure what kind of shells. I want to say 12 gauge but I'm not positive.
  • Apparently my dad's old rifle which he thought was an old Mauser K98 is actually a fairly rare vz. 33 mountain carbine. Its not in the best condition since hes had it since he was 14, but its probably still worth a decent chunk of change.
  • edited March 2012
    My dad is in the market for a 9mm handgun. He was looking at some Hi-point pistol because it was cheap but I just don't have a good feeling about it. Anybody have any experience with these?

Also, I totally forgot that our family friend is a FFL dealer that makes suppressors and shit so I should have no problem ordering guns online because I can just get them shipped to him. Woot.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • edited March 2012
    Well, They're Heavy, Bulky, and uglier than a hatful of arseholes. I really can't emphasize enough how ugly they are.

However, they're decently reliable, they're cheap, they're solid as a rock, and the company has fantastic customer service and a bloody good lifetime warranty - If it breaks, they will fix it for you. For example, I've read the story from a bloke who bought his second-hand from a mate, and it was jamming up every few shots. They sent him a new firing pin assembly, a new mag retainer, and when those failed, they replaced literally every single part of the gun but for the barrel and frame - the only cost, the eight bucks of postage to send it to Hi-Point. They're generally pretty decent little handguns.

Basically, you're buying a hundred dollar gun. Adjust your expectations accordingly, and it will exceed them. You're not going to get a Hi-Power on Hi-Point money - but you'll most likely get a solid handgun, and more than a hundred bucks worth of use out of it, as long as you don't mind the fact that it's blindingly ugly.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Well I was mainly just worried about reliablilty since I know a lot of other handguns around $100 seem to been shitty guns made for poor people and criminals.
  • edited March 2012
    Well I was mainly just worried about reliablilty since I know a lot of other handguns around $100 seem to been shitty guns made for poor people and criminals.
    Well, they can be a little hit and miss, but they're generally quite reliable, and as I said, free lifetime warranty and excellent customer service.

If he maintains it correctly, then it will be fine. And if he's not willing to maintain it correctly, then who the hell is letting him get a gun in the first place?
    Post edited by Churba on