This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• I would buy one drink of Bruichladdich 33 and call it a weekend.
  • I think I may be overwhelming the friend I'm bringing with the NUMBER OF THINGS TO DO.
  • edited March 2012
    Dammit, why must I be under 21? And poor? I suppose I can bring my own scotch...
    Another person understand my pain...

Also, if the dressing up actually happens, I'm down for that as well, and Saturday would probably work best.
    Post edited by magnusrex on
  • I sadly don't own a suit. Would a sport coat/blazer work?
  • I sadly don't own a suit. Would a sport coat/blazer work?
    Of course. Dress up as much as you want with what you have.

• I love any excuse to dress up, so I'm willing to play some games too - but I want to pack light since I have to take 3 different trains in quick succession to get to the BCEC from the other side of the city, so I likely won't bring an entire suit with me.
  • Also, a reminder to the gentlemen participating that Boston can be very chilly. Bring a good overcoat. Nothing ruins dress-up like hypothermia.
  • I have to take 3 different trains
    Where are you? I'm struggling to think of a place that's more than one or two trains away from South Station....
  • My suits are pretty ridiculous, but I'll wear them anyway.
  • My suits are pretty ridiculous, but I'll wear them anyway.
    Be careful, you don't want to start a zoot suit riot!
  • Oh god. FRC Forum zoot suit party.

Next year.
  • Wow. I ask a simple question about gender ratios, and I come back a day layer to 150 new posts. And, if my quick scan caught me up properly, a party where you're all going to dress up and then make out.

Have fun in Boston!
  • I have to take 3 different trains
    Where are you? I'm struggling to think of a place that's more than one or two trains away from South Station....
    I'm coming from just over the NH border - we usually park at Alewife Station, then take the Red Line to Park Street and switch to the Green Line, and ride it down to the Silver Line. It's either that or take the Commuter Rail from Lowell to the Green Line; either way it's three trains.

• edited March 2012
    Two different "fix your table top game" panels... one by one of your forum favorites Luke Crane...

Edit: Actually 3!

I don't actually want to attend them, but I feel like I need to so I can be absolutely certain they go exactly how I think they're going to go.

- - -

So many almost duplicate content panels... ones on people being offensive/gender issues/etc... ones on getting into the game industry or indy dev...

- - -

I actually think I'll attend James Portnow's Genre discussion panel, if only to know whether or not he's good at panels.

- - -

And where's my Scott and Kris' Kris and Scott Show!
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • Can a blazer and kilt work???
  • edited March 2012
    I have to take 3 different trains
    I'm coming from just over the NH border - we usually park at Alewife Station, then take the Red Line to Park Street and switch to the Green Line, and ride it down to the Silver Line. It's either that or take the Commuter Rail from Lowell to the Green Line; either way it's three trains.

Ummm...

Red line to South Station and walk like a quarter mile, bro. You're going halfway across the city to avoid barely a walk. Or pick up SL1 (Silver Line 1) right at South Station.
    Post edited by Neito on
    Rym insists so...

• Ummm...

Red line to South Station and walk like a quarter mile, bro. You're going halfway across the city to avoid barely a walk. Or pick up SL1 (Silver Line 1) right at South Station.
    Hey, how about that. I don't go to the city much, so this is what I get for trusting my friend to know where he's going. :)
    How tight is the kilt? You couldn't wear any utilikilt nonsense, but a pencil kilt (is that even a thing?) would work quite nicely.

• Ummm...

Hey, how about that. I don't go to the city much, so this is what I get for trusting my friend to know where he's going. :)
    A combination of a good sense of direction and Google Mass Transit works pretty well. ;3
  • Wow. I ask a simple question about gender ratios, and I come back a day layer to 150 new posts. And, if my quick scan caught me up properly, a party where you're all going to dress up and then make out.
    Have you met us? You should have known.

• edited March 2012
    OMG YOU GUYS

We are still 30+ days away, and we are already starting to go crazy in this thread. I don't know if this will be the best PAX yet, but it's already the most anticipated. Let's not get too carried away just yet. When we are in Boston, then everyone it is perfectly ok, nay it is mandatory, for everyone to completely lose their shit.

And also play Eclipse until 2AM.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Um, once we are all in Boston, this thread will be crickets. NOW IS THE TIME.
  • edited March 2012
    Um, once we are all in Boston, this thread will be crickets. NOW IS THE TIME.
    In Boston lose your shit IRL. In this thread, don't start losing your shit for a couple more weeks yet.
    Post edited by Apreche on

Next year.
    Zoot suits are hideous and unflattering. Blech.

In Boston lose your shit IRL. In this thread, don't start losing your shit for a couple more weeks yet.
    People need time to plan their outfits, Scott. Go back to your cave and eat some billy goats.

People need time to plan their outfits, Scott. Go back to your cave and eat some billy goats.
    Yeah, I just bought two separate tops combinations. Now when jewelery goes on sale next Monday, I plan on going back to get coordinating jewelry.

Then I plan on trying out new eye shadows to match when I go to Sephora to stock up on makeup supplies.

I already have a pair of black slacks, so I'll be good to go on that front.

Next year.
    Zoot suits are hideous and unflattering. Blech.

I think they're crazy awesome!
    Trust me, I've got shit to spare. I can lose my shit for weeks on end and still be in the black. It's when your shit is in the red that you need to worry.

• It's when your shit is in the red that you need to worry.
    Preaching to the choir, my friend... Preaching to the choir.