This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• Lyddi & I are already talking and conspiring about accessories and makeup. This will be fun. A reason to go all out on eyeshadow!
  • <
    I'm extra meh on all the "indy game", "dev", and "job" panels. First there's an issue of having way too many of them. Then when talking about those subjects you have to realize what you can do with a crowd of anonymous (mostly under informed) people in only an hour.
    Those panels are basically all exactly the same every year.
  • So shall we plan for fancy gaming on Saturday evening? I plan on wearing normal clothes for most of the day, then dolling up for a loverly evening.
  • Eclipse.

Suits.

Scotch and/or martinis.
  • Eclipse.

Suits.

Scotch and/or martinis.
  • Eclipse.

Suits.

Scotch and/or martinis.
  • So shall we plan for fancy gaming on Saturday evening? I plan on wearing normal clothes for most of the day, then dolling up for a loverly evening.
    *Breaks out lolita dress.* Too much?
    *Breaks out lolita dress.* Too much?
    When it comes to class, too much is just barely enough.
  • If that's what you want to do and are comfortable go for it! I am a pants girl. But seriously though, we're going all out with eye makeup. Perhaps even false lashes.
  • I have no idea what style I'm doing. Could go for classic dressy style, super cool nerd style, or all out girl glam reality star slut style. Can't decide right now...
  • I have no idea what style I'm doing. Could go for classic dressy style, super cool nerd style, or all out girl glam reality star slut style. Can't decide right now...
    Why is it that as soon as you said "girl glam" the GEM theme song played in my head.
  • edited March 2012
    Eclipse.

Suits.

Scotch and/or martinis.
    Indubitably.

Also, can I steal "When it comes to class, too much is just barely enough."? I really like that phrase. Semi-toned-down lolita attire would not go amis.

EDIT: What do people think about super-classy understated nerd style? Not something so obvious as a binary tie, more akin to my Seal of Rassilon cufflinks. To the average person, they look like a nice, vaguely-celtic design, but a nerd would recognize them instantly. Thoughts? Does anyone have other ways to show subtle geek cred while being super-classy?
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Damn, you guys have been busy. So we're actually doing this?
  • Yes, I'm doing this. I know Lyddi and Nuri are with me, so if you guys chicken out at least you'll have some sexy ladies with you.

I'm pretty sure other ladies will be down to doll up.

I'm going to put this for Saturday evening. Friday and Sunday are just for normal con days. Saturday is just the day of magic for most cons anyways.
  • I'm going all or nothing. Either I'm suiting up every day or not at all.
  • I'd prefer Friday, so I can make sure that I get a morning-ish shift, then spend the afternoon and evening at the Enforcer seder and gaming.
  • Everyone is so pretty already! We'll just be putting more perfect on top of perfection! <3

• I'm shooting for Saturday. If you want to suit up all day that's cool. Do your thing. I'm still planning for Saturday evening, perhaps midday Saturday or all of Saturday.

Friday is for "OMG YAY PAX IS HERE!" *breathe*

Satuday is for "Alright PAX. Let's check out more things and hang out."

Sunday is for "AWWE, PAX is almost over. Now I have to thinking about going home."
  • I vote for Saturday evening!
  • I vote for Saturday evening!
    (especially since I only have a Sat and Sun badge.)

• Does anyone know if the IGDA is going to have a room there again? I did not see it on the panel listing and could use the suit to also be a pro networker with the various game companies.

Hey if I am going to drag this out I am going to make it count well damn it!
  • Justin, did they finalize the PAXover date as Saturday? There was some discussion last time I checked that it might be Friday.
  • We should totally go out to the least-classy food place we can find (but still enjoy eating at) in our totally classed-up attire.
  • edited March 2012
    We should totally go out to the least-classy food place we can find (but still enjoy eating at) EVERYWHERE in our totally classed-up attire.
    Like I said, if we're doing this I'm all in.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • An excuse to go crazy with my new MAC eye set? Yes plz!

Sunday isn't good for us, since we have to leave to get home so I can go to class on Monday. UNLESS I decide to skip, which I just may go and do.
  • We should totally go out to the least-classy food place we can find (but still enjoy eating at) in our totally classed-up attire.
    Targeted venue must serve whisky and martinis at a minimum.
    Targeted venue must serve whisky and martinis at a minimum.
    How about The Whiskey Priest? I hear they have whiskey there. But I don't know if they have whisky.

Holy shit, yes they do have whisky. Like, 30+ year old scotches. Bruichladdich 33 is on the list for a mere $120 per drink. 33 year old Islay? OHMANS.

Also, they have Macallan cask strength on that list.

• edited March 2012
    Justin, did they finalize the PAXover date as Saturday? There was some discussion last time I checked that it might be Friday.
    Last I heard it was just going to be Friday. That was on #Enforcers and there's no corroborating post in the official thread, but I'm pretty sure it will be Friday.
    Holy shit, yes they do have whisky. Like, 30+ year old scotches. Bruichladdich 33 is on the list for a mere $120 per drink. 33 year old Islay? OHMANS.

Also, they have Macallan cask strength on that list.
    Dammit, why must I be under 21? And poor? I suppose I can bring my own scotch...
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I'm going to get my suit this weekend, so I'll definitely do it. I'm still thinking we should do classy dress up and not nerdy awkward dress up. I know Karl and Chase are two of my groomsmen, so I suppose our suits will somehow match.
  • How about The Whiskey Priest? I hear they have whiskey there.
    YES. You're buying.
    33 year old Islay? OHMANS.
    YES. You're buying.