This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRCF Secret Santa 2012

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Yay, my Santa sent me a Kyubei wallet! Which gets extra special points for mortifying my spouse, who's troubled that Kyubei has now displaced Totoro in my handbag.

I have to admit I can't always match people's forum names to their real life names . . . but Sail, I think it's from you?

Thank you, Santa Sail!!
    Post edited by jtvh on
  • Aw man, you got me! I was hoping Amazon would leave my name off if I opted out of the personalized note. Not that it's important, I just think it's fun to have it be anonymous.

You're very welcome!
  • I was hoping Amazon would leave my name off if I opted out of the personalized note.
    Funny thing . . . the package had a big note in it saying "a gift from [your name]." So I guess Amazon doesn't really want Santa to be anonymous. (I wonder if my Santee had a similar note last year? They never mentioned the gift here so I dunno.)

Another funny thing: I didn't look at the return address, and thought it was one of the cables I'd ordered recently for Locutus of Nine. So he opened the package, saw the contents, and said nope, this has gotta be for you. There was then much amusement, mostly me being gleeful and moving my stuff over to my new wallet.

• That wallet is staring into my soul.
  • Thank you Secret Santa!

I shall have to think of something to do with that yarn.
  • AmpAmp
    edited January 2013
    That all looked pretty cool, what does the note say?
    Post edited by Amp on
  • edited January 2013
    Shipped out! 8-16 days, Santee. Call it a Secret Valentine?

EDIT: I feel like poop about this, dudes. Sorry I'm so absentminded. :(
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • If its me then that is ok, I was late getting mine out. If not, well don't worry its tough on students we have to spend a lot of time fighting the man, and sleeping.
  • edited February 2013
    To my Secret Santa,

I just purchased your present. I was going to make you a present, but I'm caught up on a lot of other things. I feel bad, so I hope what I got for you will make up for it.

You should receive an email hopefully already, if not soon for your digital downloads.

Again, sorry so late.

~Ro

Edit: I hope you got the email at least. I couldn't tell because the website I purchased your present from did not give me a confirmation email of the purchase, but I did receive a confirmation email of the paying for it by Paypal.

Also it didn't let me leave a message of Merry Very Very Latemas, so here is my message!
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Well well, it seems that gmail thinks RPGnow a scammy or at least suspicious site. Found my secret santa gift while totally randomly checking my spam folder. Thanks Ro. Man can't have too many rpgs, especially those that work on short campaigns and one shots.
  • I'm working on your gift Santee, please do not fret too much.
  • I don't know what is happening to your gift, Santee. If I can, I will order a replacement, because I am sure it did not go overseas like I asked for it to.
  • @Apsup. Glad you got it. I did receive notifications, but they were also in my Spam folder. Very odd.
  • I'm not sure if my santee has receive their gift or not, because I have not gotten any indication of either. :/
  • I suppose I should mention, because I don't know if I did, but I got my santa's gift. Somehow, I feel this collection of DnD cartoons will go to amazing use.
  • Im sure that mine shall turn up soon. What ever santa has gotten me will be worth the wait I'm sure. Just glad to have been part of it.
  • Still waiting on mine as well.
  • I am gonna stop being a bastard and send mine tomorrow morning before work.
    Sorry Santee you will get your gift soon enough :P
  • Santee, your gift is still in shipment and should arrive by the 11th.
  • I sent my santee's gift a while ago, but something came up. It's being fixed right now, so hopefully you'll get your gifts soon!
  • edited February 2013
    Santee, your gift is still in shipment and should arrive by the 11th.
    Your gift arrived today, which is some kind of magical timing because today was my birthday. So your gift ended up being not a late Xmas present (although it wouldn't have been thought of as such even if it were), but a perfectly timed birthday present. Thank youuuuu~ :D It looks like it'll be a ton of fun to read and interact with.

The gift, for those curious, was this:

Post edited by Eryn on
  • edited February 2013
    Happy Birthday! I'm very glad you like it. Chris Ware is an amazingly talented artist and writer, and Building Stories draws a huge amount of artistic inspiration from Chicago architecture. I tried to send you an excellent comic that was also an interesting piece of Americana.

Anyway, here's a Birthday Song for the Birthday Girl:

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Seeing as my santee has not received the present I sent over a month ago, I'm going to assume that either I wrote the address wrong, it fell off from the package, or somebody stole it. This is a lesson on buying tracking stickers. :/
  • Not sure who my santa is but I have not received anything either.
    Same here.
    Same here.
    I'm in the same boat. Last year I got mine around this time, so now I'm worried.
  • Well, whoever runs the santa is supposed to blacklist the fail people from all future santas. That being said, one year I definitely sent something, but it never showed up. I think it was either an error of address or post office.
  • I sent mine last week, I hope you got it Santee.