This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pax East 2013

Comments

• It's like three. Six at the most. All the streets are plowed, too, and the sidewalks around the BCEC have almost surely been shoveled already. It won't a problem.
  • I have seen the swag bag packings. There is a thing which might surprise you.
  • The only thing that would surprise/excite me is if they gave away ponies. Something tells me that's not happening. :-P
    It's pins for Pinny Arcade. My money is on that.
  • Or maybe an ESO beta key? Also, those LoL codes can pull in a fair amount of money on Ebay. I sold a code for $200 last year from a few PAXes befor.
    It's pins for Pinny Arcade. My money is on that.
    Good call. So obvious. Give one free to get people hooked. Robert Khoo clearly thinks he can make big money in the pin business.
    Shhhhhhhhhh. I wasn't there, but I do know what it is, and it would be very cool if the secret did not get out and everyone was surprised. That being said, I WILL be making sure I get a swag bag this year. Multiple if possible.

Shhhhhhhhhh. I wasn't there, but I do know what it is, and it would be very cool if the secret did not get out and everyone was surprised. That being said, I WILL be making sure I get a swag bag this year. Multiple if possible.

They've tried to keep swag bags a secret in past years claiming there was some great thing in there. There never has been.
  • Ok, I confirmed that there is something in the SAX that IMHO is not bad, but nothing to get crazy over. You'll live without it.
  • edited March 2013
    Just finished babies first netrunner deck.

Does anyone want to convince me to bring Shadow Hunters?
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • pack pack pack
  • Also funny, I'm using card sleeves from over ten years ago.
  • There is much snow on the ground in Boston. Video confirmation.

• We have some, not much. We don't have enough to interfere with an indoor gaming convention unless you are a weakling who can't walk three blocks to South Station without catching hypothermia. Seriously, have some balls (ovaries for the womyn).
  • Just finished babies first netrunner deck.

Does anyone want to convince me to bring Shadow Hunters?
    Bring shadow hunters, I'll play. We didn't bring our copy. We did bring lots of other games though.
  • And done, I'm easily convinced.
  • I will play some netrunner with you too. I have had it for a while, but am still in nub mode for strategy.
  • Waiting for my train.
  • I will play some netrunner with you too. I have had it for a while, but am still in nub mode for strategy.
    I will teach all the Netrunners.

• Herro Boston.
  • I'm nearly in NYC.
  • On my way up from Philly. Bringing Tammany Hall, Race for the Galaxy, and Tales of the Arabian Nights (it's better if you're drinking).
  • On my way up from Philly. Bringing Tammany Hall, Race for the Galaxy, and Tales of the Arabian Nights (it's better if you're drinking).
    Is that the Arabian Nights with the gigantic choose your own adventure book? Fuck that game. Please let me play Tammany Hall.

• Train, y u stop?
  • Never played Netrunner, I'm down to learn this weekend.

In related news, running off to a job interview, then running back home to change, finish laundry, pack and get in a car at 2. #pumped
  • Is that the Arabian Nights with the gigantic choose your own adventure book? Fuck that game. Please let me play Tammany Hall.
    Yeah - I considered bringing the Meguey Baker rpg with (almost) the same name, but I promised a friend I'd show him the choose-your-own-drinking-game. I'll bring Tammany Hall to the Westin tonight, we should totally play.
  • I'm in Worcester, Massachusetts on a Peter Pan bus as I write this post. I'll most likely be in Boston in an hour and a half.
  • I'm like 12 hours from Boston.
  • Are there any Pax-mas Eve songs?
  • Are there any Pax-mas Eve songs?
    Here are two.