This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pax East 2013

Comments

• edited March 2013
    I can afford some dining out, but actually found Legal Test not worth the price. Good. Not necessarily great or worth it.

To bring a suit for dining out again or not... it seemed to infer better service for entirely objectionable and shitty reasons, but... well... service.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • Rym and Scott are outliers. Do not follow their advice when it comes to the eating of foods and prices unless you have the monies.
    Alternatively, have the monies.
  • LTK is totally delicious, though.

Also, fancy dinner at Legal Seafood proper is worth it.

You guys should see if Whiskey Priest is doing their Sunday brunch buffet.
  • edited March 2013
    Your best bets for food near the BCEC are South Station or taking a Cab/the T to the Back Bay. Delivery in that area is spotty from what I remember, and there's basically nothing else.
    Better option, on Northern Blvd, east of D there is a deli with good food at reasonable prices. It's half the distance as the walk to south station. It's not amazing or great food like LTK or Legal, but if you want to eat on the cheap they have sandwiches and what not for not an arm and a leg.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Legal Seafood was probably one of the best fancy restaurant meals I've ever had. Everything was delicious.
  • There's also that mexican place, if it is still open.
  • It should be. That's the one with the large wall of tequila and the delicious fish tacos, right?
  • Legal Seafood was probably one of the best fancy restaurant meals I've ever had. Everything was delicious.
    Yes, that was awesome.
  • Legal Seafood is not a fancy restaurant, and it's nowhere even close to the best I have ever had.
  • The Legal near PAX has a fancy floor. It's not the same as the regular Legal Seafood when you go upstairs. It's like chef cuisine and shit.

Legal Test Kitchen
    Legal Seafood (1st floor)
    Legal Harborside (2nd floor)

All different menus and prices. Do not confuse them.
  • edited March 2013
    Legal Test Kitchen and Legal Seafoods are two different places.

It's the place all the fancy dressed up people went to Scott that you didn't go.

What Nuri said.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited March 2013
    Legal Seafood is not a fancy restaurant, and it's nowhere even close to the best I have ever had.
    No, it was not just Legal Seafood, it's Legal Harborside. It was a very upscale dining experience.

What Nuri said.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • LTK is totally delicious, though.

Also, fancy dinner at Legal Seafood proper is worth it.

You guys should see if Whiskey Priest is doing their Sunday brunch buffet.
    Harpoon does cheap beer tours and finishes it off with a half hour open tasting.
    Drink your lunch!
  • Ok then. Did not know.
  • edited March 2013
    So, for no good reason, I was looking over the BCEC event planning guide and floor plans. The ones they have up on their website now show an Au Bon Pain right where the Dance Central stage usually is.

I wonder if this is:
    - An ancient floor plan/event guide from when the BCEC was planned, and an Au Bon Pain never got put in
    - A new change to the venue, and now there's a soup and sandwich joint that is going to get overrun.

Reference
    Post edited by Matt on
  • edited March 2013
    Fun Fact - Rym hates Au Bon Pain. He thinks it smells funny. I like their bagels. They are often the best you can get outside NYC, and I'll even get them sometimes in NYC itself.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited March 2013
    I've never eaten at a decent Au Bon Pain.

Bruegger's makes alright bagels, but we've got a place in Albany called Uncommon Grounds. Bagels the size of your head. Crazy.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Update on the place I was talking about. It's called J. Pace & Son, it's on the corner of Northern and Harborview.
  • I think on Thursday since Jeremy and I will be going to Trader Joe's on the other side of the city, we'll stop by that awesome Greek place next the Hynes.
  • I think on Thursday since Jeremy and I will be going to Trader Joe's on the other side of the city, we'll stop by that awesome Greek place next the Hynes.
    TAKE GEORGE!!!!
  • Update on the place I was talking about. It's called J. Pace & Son, it's on the corner of Northern and Harborview.
    Yes! That place is awesome! Eat there.

• boston has taco bell, right?
  • Sure, just nowhere near the BCEC.
  • My mom had left the badge in a cupboard for ~1.5wks, so I now have badges and am ready to rock. I'll probably make a grocery run and meet a friend for whiskey on Thursday night before commencing festivities.
  • This thread is wonderfully helpful. I'm updating my To-Do list in Guidebook with places to eat.

When I'm not eating out of a cooler, that is, because now I am a woman with a mission. I haven't been able to find a well-reviewed and reasonably-priced cooler online which has a drain, wheels, and can be shipped to me in time. So I'll see what I can find at Target tonight.

All of which is kinda funny, given that I live in Boston and have a perfectly good refrigerator just 6.7 miles from the BCEC. But 6.7 miles is too far away from PAX.
    There's also that mexican place, if it is still open.
    Actual good Mexican food in Boston? Do you remember the name? Boston is not known for good Mexican food.
  • There's also that mexican place, if it is still open.
    Actual good Mexican food in Boston? Do you remember the name? Boston is not known for good Mexican food.
    Papagayo's

http://www.papagayoboston.com/
  • It was, in fact, pretty good.
  • Papagayo's

http://www.papagayoboston.com/
    It was, in fact, pretty good.
    Thanks. I haven't been able to lose the suspicious look on my face when I think of Boston having good Mexican food, but I'm trying to keep an open mind (plus the menu looks fine).
  • This time tomorrow I'm done with work.
  • This time tomorrow I'm done with work.