This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Star Wars: The Disney Era

Comments

• Apreche said:

Yoda said that size matters not. Why didn't the Emperor didn't just use the force to grab the entire rebel fleet and slam it into the nearest star?

I'll bet size does not matter, but number of discrete objects does.

Also, everybody who has Force powers is fucking weak sauce with them by that point. Maybe the midichlorians were mostly wiped out when all the Jedi were murdered before A New Hope?
  • Rym said:

Apreche said:

Yoda said that size matters not. Why didn't the Emperor didn't just use the force to grab the entire rebel fleet and slam it into the nearest star?

I'll bet size does not matter, but number of discrete objects does.

Also, everybody who has Force powers is fucking weak sauce with them by that point. Maybe the midichlorians were mostly wiped out when all the Jedi were murdered before A New Hope?
    The WHAT? When 900 years old you reach, hear as well, you will not.
  • Nothing but cheap empire propaganda to discredit the Jedi Order.
  • RymRym
    edited November 2015
    Apreche said:

The WHAT? When 900 years old you reach, hear as well, you will not.

Palpatine was pretty damn old when Yoda was still a flying whirling ping pong ball with a lightsaber. Yoda didn't age well.

Also, midichlorians were added to the Star Wars canon in 1977 by George Lucas.
    It is said that certain creatures are born with a higher awareness of the Force than humans. Their brains are different; they have more midi-chlorians in their cells.
    ―George Lucas, establishing guidelines for the Expanded Universe in 1977
    Post edited by Rym on
  • My memories of the prequels are a bit hazy, as I've only seen each movie once, but I remember Palpatine's body aging like 40 years in a matter of minutes due to how much strain the dark side put on him when he fought Sam Jackson and Yoda and whoever. If he tried to use so much power as to grab a whole fleet, he's probably shit his pants and die. Or die, then shit his pants.
  • Rym said:

Star Wars is hax.

Despite being confined to a single galaxy (or at most, two galaxies), Culture Ships possess overwhelmingly more capabilities.

A single Abominator-class Picket Ship could probably, with ease and in the space of at most a few seconds, destroy an entire Imperial fleet of arbitrary size. And barely even notice having done so.

Jesus, why do you have such a hardon for the Culture series right now? It's apples and oranges. Different stories, different worlds, different rules.

You might as well complain that the Emperor pales in comparison to the Gnosis.
  • You might as well complain that the Emperor pales in comparison to the Gnosis.

Well... It does
  • Starfox said:

You might as well complain that the Emperor pales in comparison to the Gnosis.

Well... It does
    The Dunyain don't appear to have gotten off of their planet. The ark landed there from the stars: it didn't take back off.

Imagine a Jedi trained by the Dunyain however, heading off into the stars to bring an empire to ruin.
  • I just realized what pictures to use for Prince of Nothing On the Go.

• Well in Space Engine Ive been able to fly to the edge of the universe, so, that makes the Culture Ships pretty anemic by comparison don'tcha think?
  • I finally saw the trailer on the big screen the other day with ScoJo. I'm excited now.
  • Daikun said:
    Does that mean she is no longer part of the Disney Princess lineup?
  • Daikun said:
    Does that mean she is no longer part of the Disney Princess lineup?
    Original trilogy Leia is still a Princess. New trilogy Leia is a general in the Rebellion/New Republic/whatever they're calling it? I don't even know if demotion fits. Would you want to be the 60-year-old princess of a planet that doesn't exist anymore?

• I welled up a little at "Chewie, we're home." Sue me. I was born the year "Star Wars" came out and for good or for ill, it's been a part of my life in a way probably not dissimilar to how legends were a part of life for ancient cultures. Cheesy as the dialog may be in retrospect, there's some fundamental morality and philosophy entwined in there that to a young elementary school kid is revelatory.
  • It's this month GET THIS MONTH HYPE
  • I have 11 days to finish my Chewbacca and even though I've been working on him for a year and a half (admittedly with gaps), it's still gonna be close.

I'm dying to drive my Beetle around town as Chewy and roar at people out the window and have Sarah video it, but not dying to get ticketed. :)

The visibility out of the mask is actually quite good, but the clearance in my car.... not sure.
  • Fans at the premiere

• I could watch this stupid fucking game forever.

• I'm just watching to all the songs in a playlist, now. Never going to play the actual game, but it's absolutely hilarious.
  • The Emperor doing deadmau5 is the saddest and funniest thing to me.
  • Shiiiiiiiiit
  • That game makes me cringe to the point of wanting to vomit, yet I can't stop watching it.
  • edited December 2015
    So, I went to the Ducks-Lightning game last week and it happened to be Star Wars night. While the Ducks didn't win, I did get a wonderful Star Wars electronic music bug stuck in my head. It lead me to this and other lovelies.

Also, cadaverous basin rules.
    Post edited by Dromaro on