This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Hype Thread

Comments

• I signed up for the beta. The TF2 game play similarities are pretty apparent. Didn't really see any aspects that are Dota like though. All the classes look like fun. Probably will give Pharah a try first I'm a fan of the ol' rocket launcher.
  • Not a fan of the TF2 easy mode aspect of this. Not sure which is worse this or Bethesda's Battlecry.
  • Well, considering this hasn't even come out yet...
  • What can I say. I like my FPS games pretty, dumb and easy.
  • The more I learn about them, the dumber Nintendo's Amiibo line sounds. And it sounded pretty dumb already.

My interest at this point is limited to finding out if there is going to be some Hot Christmas Toy shortage. If so, I will use Smart Person abilities to acquire some and fleece a few people on eBay.
  • I am struggling not to buy some just to put on my desk with the rest of the toys I have. They sound dumb in practice but they LOOK SO COOL.
  • I feel like they fall just short of enough awesomeness for me to purchase solely to display them.

If you buy Smash Bros at Toys R Us they give you a free amiibo of your choosing, but they didn't have the Smash bundle with the Gamecube adapter up for pre-order, so I am keeping my Amazon order. If I don't get that adapter, there are going to be a lot of severely disappointed people at my house this weekend.
  • Looks like the adapter bundles are sold out everywhere.
  • I thought the bundle was going to be available on Amazon but was not. Then it was sold out all through Best Buy. So I just bought them all together on Amazon. You save like... $10. Not that big a deal.

Toys R Us also had a buy 3 for $30 on Amiibos but most of them were sold out. A preorder sold out. What a joke.
  • The adapter is sold out on Amazon. I ended up ordering the bundle from GameStop.
  • Leave it to Nintendo, the loveable fuckup, to have a supply issue for the Christmas season. Still probably too early to tell if this is the case, but it definitely looks possible. I should have ordered two!
  • After I play the game and decide on a favorite I will pickup the figure.
  • Matt said:

Leave it to Nintendo, the loveable fuckup, to have a supply issue for the Christmas season. Still probably too early to tell if this is the case, but it definitely looks possible. I should have ordered two!

Nintendo never manufactures a large number of those kinds of accessories, and they definitely don't deliver enough to the US. We are very lucky to have four GBA-GC link cables.
  • You are right, I suppose. I have one original GBA-GC cable, but I ordered three more to support a Four Swords setup (awesome, btw) at my house's Extra Life event this year. They were some third party bullshit for a few bucks each, and they somehow fucked it all up.

The GBA side is supposed to be two mounting nubs and an 8-pin off-center adapter plug. They either off-set it to the wrong side, or mounted the plug upside down, because there was no fucking way these things could plug into a GBA. Had to take them out to the garage and use a pair of flush cutters and a metal file to take the nubs off and get a clean connection. Worked like a champ after that!
  • Ten bucks is in my price range to have a tiny samus desk figure.
  • I am hyped for my soon to be shipping Wasteland 2 collectors boxed copy.
  • So Massive Chalice is fairly fun. It's not quite XCOM, but it's scratching that itch. I wish there were more classes/variants/options though.
  • edited November 2014
    What? No one is interested in this boring looking Ghost in the Shell shooter?

Maybe it will be a surprised that has a lot of cool stuff in it, but probably not.

EDIT: Oh it's by Nexon, its definitely bound to be not good.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • It looks super nice, though.
  • I dunno. It looks like a super generic shooter, with a pastiche of GitS plastered over it like a cheap stripper's makeup, but I'm holding judgement till I can actually play it a bit.
  • HYPE DUELYST!
  • The Marvelous Miss Take looks pretty amazing will pick it up.

• Yeah that game did look neat when I saw it.
  • Street Fighter V as a PC and PS4 exclusive!?!? This made getting a console easier, but WFT happens with Xbox?
  • Wyatt said:

Street Fighter V as a PC and PS4 exclusive!?!? This made getting a console easier, but WFT happens with Xbox?

A company going after a system with a global reach, good to be a PC gamer.
  • Probably only exclusive for a couple months.
  • Street Fighter V will be exclusive, Street Fighter V Ultra FUN TIMES EDITION won't be.
  • Wyatt said:

Street Fighter V as a PC and PS4 exclusive!?!? This made getting a console easier, but WFT happens with Xbox?

Ether Sony helped to fund the game, or there just aren't enough Xbox Street Fighter players.

Also, considering that Xbox One sold about three copies in japan, I'm not really surprised that Japanese companies ignore it.

• Apsup said:

Wyatt said:

Ether Sony helped to fund the game, or there just aren't enough Xbox Street Fighter players.

Also, considering that Xbox One sold about three copies in japan, I'm not really surprised that Japanese companies ignore it.

Capcom Japan made this decision as virtually no one uses the Xbox to play Street Fighter in Japan. I suspect Sony obviously paid a bit for this.

Hopefully making the PC experience key will increase the likelihood of good net code.

But it's whatever, all Xbox controllers work incredibly well on the PC, I use an Xbox 360 joystick to play Street Fighter 4.