This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anti-GamerGate Appreciation Thread (Daikun Free Zone)

Comments

• I was motivated by your Utena video.

So what was wrong with that video? Is gamergate not a harassment movement pretending to be about "ethics" or whatever?

You alienated your fans with that video.

LOL.

The accounts that complained were mostly unused obvious shill accounts. Which, by the way, are pretty easily traced to twitter accounts and other posts: following those threads is enlightening.

If you think I'm sad that I alienated someone like this:

Then I say to you good day sir!
  • You won't do anything about it though. You'd rather burn bridges with some people than try to convert people away from it. Or is DnD vs Burning Wheel that important to the moral fiber of gamers?
  • You won't do anything about it though. You'd rather burn bridges with some people than try to convert people away from it.

Do anything about what? Convince me gamergate wasn't an anti-woman harassment movement.

• Rym said:

The accounts that complained were mostly unused obvious shill accounts.

You're just rationalizing it out. "They don't post often, so they must be fake."
  • You won't do anything about it though. You'd rather burn bridges with some people than try to convert people away from it. Or is DnD vs Burning Wheel that important to the moral fiber of gamers?

It's not my job to try to "convert" people. It's a pointless endeavor. If I thought I could change people's minds, I would spend my time going around to churches.

And even if I could convert people, that doesn't change the facts.

Fact - GG is a misogynist entity.
    Fact - I am fully against it.
    Fact - You don't appear to be fully against it.

That's all there is to it.
  • Make an argument about how gamergate wasn't an anti-woman harassment movement.
  • It's the responsibility of the privileged to uplift those with less. You're wealthy, you're white, you're famous panelists, and you run a media outlet. So yea it is your responsibility. If I can try to help with my own power, those with more power should help more.
  • It's the responsibility of the privileged to uplift those with less. You're wealthy, you're white, you're famous panelists, and you run a media outlet. So yea it is your responsibility.

And I take that responsibility seriously by shedding light on a misogynistic harassment movement called gamergate.

• Halfmoon, you still have yet to state what aspects of GG you support and why. You're talking around the issue or making it anout you.

As to saying that Rym, Scott, or others in this thread don't engage in activism, that is both besides the point and false. Just discussing GG in their podcast is a form of activism. Raising awareness at cons and in social media is activism. Encouraging those within the community and the industry to recognize and address long standing issues regarding gender is activism.
  • It's the responsibility of the privileged to uplift those with less. You're wealthy, you're white, you're famous panelists, and you run a media outlet. So yea it is your responsibility. If I can try to help with my own power, those with more power should help more.

Famous media outlet? LOLOLOLOL
  • Have you ever run a panel on gamergate, women in gaming, minorities in gaming, how police brutality relates to games, any of the topics replacing anime with games, or any of these topics but related to the Technology industry?

In the two years I listened to the podcast the only "activism" I can remember was telling people to vote against some obscure NYC exclusive gerrymandering law and running a panel on how to improve your gaming experience by playing games other than D&D.
  • What? What are you even trying to say? What's your point?

Tell me how gamergate wasn't an anti-woman harassment group.
  • Apreche said:

Famous media outlet? LOLOLOLOL

You have panels at the biggest gaming conventions in the US. I'd say you're pretty popular.
  • Tell me how gamergate wasn't an anti-woman harassment group.
  • Rym said:

What? What are you even trying to say? What's your point?

My point is you don't support women in a constructive way, you only wish destroy your foes.
  • Have you ever run a panel on gamergate, women in gaming, minorities in gaming, how police brutality relates to games, any of the topics replacing anime with games, or any of these topics but related to the Technology industry?

In the two years I listened to the podcast the only "activism" I can remember was telling people to vote against some obscure NYC exclusive gerrymandering law and running a panel on how to improve your gaming experience by playing games other than D&D.

Are you trying to argue that because we aren't activists it's ok for you to be misogynist?
  • Apreche said:

Are you trying to argue that because we aren't activists it's ok for you to be misogynist?

You have the power to influence people, but you don't use it in constructive ways.
  • You have the power to influence people, but you don't use it in constructive ways.

We shed light on a harassing anti-woman group that called itself gamergate, thus empowering those unaware of this harassment mob to take action by denying them panels and ignoring their attempts to broaden that harassment.
  • Rym said:

You have the power to influence people, but you don't use it in constructive ways.

We shed light on a harassing anti-woman group that called itself gamergate, thus empowering those unaware of this harassment mob to take action by denying them panels and ignoring their attempts to broaden that harassment.
    Remember when trump was asked what he sacrificed for his country, and he responded by saying "I'm rich and powerful isn't that enough?"

You're saying "I'm famous so I defeat misogyny by merely existing."
  • Halfmoon, put up or shut up. Explain how GG is not a mysogynistic anti-woman movement, or my questions questions about GamerGate as a movement, without trying to turn this into being about how everyone else is out to get you or pointing out irrelevant things about what other people are doing, or abandon this thread for all time in defeat.
  • This is getting less fun and more tedious.

Mods, whenever you're ready, you're welcome to ban away. (Fun fact: I don't have the power to myself ban people).
  • edited August 2016
    Why are you talking about Gamergate when all those poor people in Syria are dying. Why are you talking about Syrian when people have been starving in Ethiopia for the last 50 years. Why are we talking about video games when Global warming could flood the earth. Why are we all posting during normal working hours!
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Redirecting this conversation to be about Rym and Scott is a diversionary tactic to try and get us to start thinking less of them, rather than remembering that this all started because you defended Gamergate repeatedly with no explanations.

You're doing exactly what the "Op Nighthawk" thing Rym pointed out tells you to do.

You also don't deny going on 8chan, just claim you posted here first.

At this point, none of us have a reason to take what you post seriously. Understand that you will not convince any of us that a generalized denouncement of Gamergate is bad, or that Rym and Scott are meanie-heads who hurt people's feelings instead of doing the right thing.
  • Are any of you willing to take risks for your activism?
  • Rym said:

This is getting less fun and more tedious.

Mods, whenever you're ready, you're welcome to ban away. (Fun fact: I don't have the power to myself ban people).

What rule did I break?
  • Are any of you willing to take risks for your activism?

I'm risking the very serious harassment mobs that the gamergate people continuously organize, as well as the "Ops" that have then post nonsense in other people's forums.
  • Rym said:

I'm risking the very serious harassment mobs that the gamergate people continuously organize, as well as the "Ops" that have then post nonsense in other people's forums.

But your forum is completely safe from them.
  • I really hope you feel motivated to go outside and do some good. I did believe in you. I think you can do great things.
  • edited August 2016

What rule did I break?

Rule 3.

You have some form of reading comprehension, the last few pages explained how to avoid that.
    Post edited by ThatGent on